This Board has no Joie De Vivre | The Boneyard

This Board has no Joie De Vivre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is filled with injustice collectors. On today of all days, remember Fishy Appreciation Day comes only once every four years. This pointless pusillanimous pity party has to stop. Obviously my efforts have been in vain; however, I will try one final time on this auspicious day.

Many years ago when I was in college at Vanderbilt I happened to be a a school event at the hotel where the Country Music Hall of Fame awards dinner was taking place. This was in the era long before Opryville, Ryman Auditorium was still the venue for the Opry broadcasts. They were still carried over WSM, clear Channel 650.
I walked into the ballroom and saw the name tags for the invitees who had not come. My one good eye spotted the tag of Governor Jimmy Davis. I immediately affixed to to my suit lapel. I walked into the ceremony; security was very lax. I volunteered to sing "You Are My Sunshine." They told me thanks, but no thanks.

So in honor of that non event, let me sing this classic in my credible tenor. So this is for Fishy; the man who gave us the throat punch, smooshed duckies, and the wood chipper. Here it is.

You are our sunshine, our only sunshine.
You make us happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know how much we love you.
Please don't take our sunshine away.

The other night, as I lay sleeping,
I deamt I saw you in my dreams...

That led to my efforts to memorialize your continued efforts to lift our spirits and lead us unto the path of righteousness for the Boneyard's sake. I realize that creating order out of the chaos that is the current Boneyard is worse than herding bi polar cats. So let me say once again with sincerity "thanks for the memories."

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
For those of you who are relatively new, Fishy has been and remains the Michael Jordan of the Boneyard. Many old-time Boneyarders who have been part of the traveling horde say the same thing: Fishy is one of the funniest people they have known. With Tom operating behind the curtains for the most part, Fishy has been the inspired front man that made The Boneyard the only UConn basketball board with any style or significance. I don't know this, but I suspect that the Boneyard would not have survived without Fishy (or without Tom, for that matter). I'm sure it was often more hassle than it was worth, but it's been a fun place to marvel at the wonders of the UConn Men's Basketball program.

Reaction Score
zymurg clearly ain't on Twitter.
'mene, mene, tekel, upsharine " I'm not sure about the spelling, but this is the Biblical source of handwriting on the wall. You've been warned. Those of you who posted on these threads; thank you for your efforts. The rest of you will be lucky to suffer a plague of boils.
Those less fortunate will be re-directed to a Cuse board when you try to post.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
upload_2016-3-1_0-39-10.png

Ah yes, Joie De Vivre. She was one of the greats.

Last edited:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It is filled with injustice collectors. On today of all days, remember Fishy Appreciation Day comes only once every four years. This pointless pusillanimous pity party has to stop. Obviously my efforts have been in vain; however, I will try one final time on this auspicious day.

Many years ago when I was in college at Vanderbilt I happened to be a a school event at the hotel where the Country Music Hall of Fame awards dinner was taking place. This was in the era long before Opryville, Ryman Auditorium was still the venue for the Opry broadcasts. They were still carried over WSM, clear Channel 650.
I walked into the ballroom and saw the name tags for the invitees who had not come. My one good eye spotted the tag of Governor Jimmy Davis. I immediately affixed to to my suit lapel. I walked into the ceremony; security was very lax. I volunteered to sing "You Are My Sunshine." They told me thanks, but no thanks.

So in honor of that non event, let me sing this classic in my credible tenor. So this is for Fishy; the man who gave us the throat punch, smooshed duckies, and the wood chipper. Here it is.

That led to my efforts to memorialize your continued efforts to lift our spirits and lead us unto the path of righteousness for the Boneyard's sake. I realize that creating order out of the chaos that is the current Boneyard is worse than herding bi polar cats. So let me say once again with sincerity "thanks for the memories."
there's very little joy of life either!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Zymurg! Vanderbilt alumnis here as well! No wonder you are so intelligent.

I'm assuming I avoid that plague of boils by default.

Reaction Score

I thought you were gonna tell us about the time Charlie Rich burned John Denver's Country Music Award. Mr Sunshine on my Goddamned Shoulders!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Some of you mothers---ers better start celebrating or at least doing a decent job of faking it.

I used <gasp> ketchup last night just in your honor. I poured some on the floor in tribute first (wife was pissed) and then slathered a hot dog with it.

Reaction Score
I used <gasp> ketchup last night just in your honor. I poured some on the floor in tribute first (wife was pissed) and then slathered a hot dog with it.
Is that what you consider foreplay? No wonder your wife was pissed. I hear she hates ketchup too.

Reaction Score
View attachment 12220

Ah yes, Joie De Vivre. She was one of the greats.
For those who like me who thought that the pictured women's name was Joie De Vivre:

Joie de vivre (French pronunciation: [ʒwa də vivʁ], joy of living) is a French phrase often used in English to express a cheerful enjoyment of life; an exultation of spirit.

It "can be a joy of conversation, joy of eating, joy of anything one might do… And joie de vivre may be seen as a joy of everything, a comprehensive joy, a philosophy of life, a Weltanschauung. Robert's Dictionnaire says joie issentiment exaltant ressenti par toute la conscience, that is, involves one's whole being."[1]

Reaction Score
For those who like me who thought that the pictured women's name was Joie De Vivre:

Joie de vivre (French pronunciation: [ʒwa də vivʁ], joy of living) is a French phrase often used in English to express a cheerful enjoyment of life; an exultation of spirit.

It "can be a joy of conversation, joy of eating, joy of anything one might do… And joie de vivre may be seen as a joy of everything, a comprehensive joy, a philosophy of life, a Weltanschauung. Robert's Dictionnaire says joie issentiment exaltant ressenti par toute la conscience, that is, involves one's whole being."[1]
when even Fishy avoids this place after a loss, then we are forced to echo Dante :"Lasciente ogni speranza Voi Ch'entrate." Roughly translated it's " Abandon all hope ye who enter here." Here at the Bneyard we have something else in common with Dante; our trials and punishments were for traitors. Dante reserved the ninth circle of hell for Judas Iscariot the archetype traitor. The eighth circle of hell is reserved for 'Yarders without a sense of humor.

Reaction Score
Fishy—the man, the myth, the fish—forever defining that fine line between genius and insanity.

Reaction Score
Just so I can put it in my calendar…

When is @temery Appreciation Day?

He deserves more than just leap-year recognition, as do you, Fishy.

Reaction Score

Oh...... I thought it was either a beret or scarf....let me cancel the order....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just so I can put it in my calendar…

When is @temery Appreciation Day?

He deserves more than just leap-year recognition, as do you, Fishy.

Every day should be temery appreciation day. Guy just puts up with sh_t, for literally no payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom