This Bandwagon is getting crowded | The Boneyard

This Bandwagon is getting crowded

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hard to breath in here. Feels like I'm sitting on the bleachers at GP in the 90's, can't even find my seat, going to stand up in the back to find a little space

WE NEED A BIGGER WAGON

And I love it, whoop whoop whoop

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hard to breath in here. Feels like I'm sitting on the bleachers at GP in the 90's, can't even find my seat, going to stand up in the back to find a little space

WE NEED A BIGGER WAGON

And I love it, whoop whoop whoop
Tickets are $300+ for the last week or so for Thursday's game

Reaction Score
It's awesome, but I don't get now vs last year. Pretty much the same record, and finishing lower in Big East standings.
You really don’t get it? Last year’s team accomplished (to date) almost what this team had, but you think their performance (as opposed to record) metrics are similar? This team has, over the course of the year, played much, much better basketball than last year’s team and has a much higher ceiling.

What this year’s team still hasn’t shown is that they can win a game that’s up for grabs at the last TV time out. It’s tough to win tournaments when you have to blow out all your opponents.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You really don’t get it? Last year’s texam accomplished (to date) almost what this team had, but you think their performance (as opposed to record) metrics are similar? This team has, over the course of the year, played much, much better basketball than last year’s team and has a much higher ceiling.

What this year’s team still hasn’t shown is that they can win a game that’s up for grabs at the last TV time out. It’s tough to win tournaments when you have to blow out all your opponents.
The last paragraph is key going forward.

Reaction Score
Danny has most definitely improved since our 2-6 dive and some bad decisions/lineups. He has a better plan for AJ so kudos for that as well as using his timeouts and the bench better. A ways to go but give him and the staff credit when they’re playing well again.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
It's awesome, but I don't get now vs last year. Pretty much the same record, and finishing lower in Big East standings.
Lmaoooo, if you can’t see a difference between the two teams you clearly aren’t paying attention. SMH

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Thread is about the bandwagon, not the team. Read much!!
Read much? I’m referring to Tom’s comment about why people are jumping on this year vs last. SMH

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You really don’t get it? Last year’s texam accomplished (to date) almost what this team had, but you think their performance (as opposed to record) metrics are similar? This team has, over the course of the year, played much, much better basketball than last year’s team and has a much higher ceiling.

This Villanova game showed me enough to believe this team has what it takes to cut down the nets. That's different than guaranteeing it can happen. You need some luck for that. But it's been a long time that I have had this much confidence in a UConn team. Handling that second half in that environment against a hot and desperate team with the way the refs were calling things in the second half was as good as it gets to show the final ingredient necessary for this team, along with it's skills, to go far - mental toughness.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My name is DW. I joined December 26, 2022. I stand as accused. Happy to be on the Boneyard Bandwagon.
Not good enough. Now you will have to undergo some form of initiation. How are you at saying "Thank you sir may I have another!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Tickets are $300+ for the last week or so for Thursday's game
These ticket prices are insane. I know it's been a few years but a quarters ticket before we left for the AAC was 100/125 and semis was 150/175. Now tix are two to three times that.

Reaction Score
My name is DW. I joined December 26, 2022. I stand as accused. Happy to be on the Boneyard Bandwagon.

Nice. I was thinking of using the same path exactly lol well done.

Reaction Score
Last years team could have went far too… just ran into a player who couldn’t miss… the next game that same player couldn’t shoot…that stuff happens…I think this team is better prepared for that… with a lot shooters… and players that rise in big games

Reaction Score
This years team is very different from last years. Last years team was heavily reliant on Cole and Martin creating some sort of one on one offense. This years team is much more deeper and explosive. It’s a much more exciting offensive team especially since they have scraped the “get it to Sanogo every time down low” approach. Giving Jordan and Tristan the green light to hunt their offense has really opened up things for players like Karaban. Additionally since the end of January this team is playing suffocating defense. The record for both teams is similar but when you factor in how tough the upper tier of the Big East is this year I believe this team is remarkably better. There are more options on this years team and that’s why they have consistently won games closer to double digits rather then in rock fights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom