This Article Sums up the stupidity of it all! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Article Sums up the stupidity of it all!

Reaction Score
What alias...I know it's hard for all 5 football fans to imagine other people despising the Football team and seeing it for what it is and that's a cancer on the University that I love. The Football team brought 1 win a year and lots of revenue loss to the University, we had to save the Basketball program first,last, always.
The basketball team that couldn't even compete in the "lowly American". That's the football programs fault lol.

Reaction Score
Well, Herbst finally figured out a way to leave behind a legacy.... what a joke that lady is.

She couldn’t even get Shalala to take her phone call in 2012 when the ACC took Louisville.

Rock Star Warde.., AAU LOL. Please go away forever.

Reaction Score
Right!! Its only 16000 at the xl. If this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I expect fanatics to pay top dollar on stub hub for Creighton tix.

Just wait for that first time DePaul comes to town. OH SNAP!

I think Mike TrainedGeese and John Marinatto just wet their Depends.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey if smart kids is what you care about then Yale has a good debate team to follow.
Hey Pal If you have nothing positive or meaningful to add to the football board go join the rest of the basketball only crowd that feel that the world spins at the direction of DH. The NBE may prove to be a great quick fix for hoops but the short term economic and other long term effects on the athletic department as a whole may not be very good.
I've been a season ticket holder for basketball most likely longer than you've been on the earth, as well as football and soccer. I for one am very concerned over the fate of UConn football - a tradition that has been in Storrs since the CT Agricultural College days.
Your rants and myopic vision are ridiculous and look as though they belong on the Syracuse blog
If you don't like UConn football then simply stay away from here and concentrate on the Mens basketball area
Why come here to be a jerk - just because you can?

Reaction Score
Just wait for that first time DePaul comes to town. OH SNAP!

I think Mike TrainedGeese and John Marinatto just wet their Depends.
Long time MBB season ticket holder, let me tell you that the (real) Big East was not always the arena draw people are trying to make it out to be. There's tons of revisionist history going on with many people these days.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The leaders of Uconn, whoever that is pulling the strings, were never all in for football.
Mmm Burton, Shenkman and the Rent say otherwise.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
This is about more games in all sports closer to NYC/CT and deficit reduction.

Trading Tulsa for Creighton isn't the point, trading Houston, SMU, ECU, for St. Johns, Seton Hall. and Providence is.
So were becoming a regional school? Great.

Reaction Score
This article is trash...the Football program had to go the way of old yeller and it is finally happening. It was anchor on the program and without the weight of our crappy conference basketball recruiting is going to be in overdrive. We are going to win and win big. The football team will never be a winner. All 5 of you football fans can cry about this but the fact is this is an out standing move for Basketball and a great move for the university.

UConn Basketball forever UConn Football never.

If you are like this when you get your way, what are you like when you don't?

You can go back to counting your unhatched chickens, now

Reaction Score
What alias...I know it's hard for all 5 football fans to imagine other people despising the Football team and seeing it for what it is and that's a cancer on the University that I love. The Football team brought 1 win a year and lots of revenue loss to the University, we had to save the Basketball program first,last, always.
The problem with UConn athletics succinctly captured above...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just don't believe that DePaul, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, and even St John's and Seton Hall will pull sell out crowds after year one or two passes by. Maybe I'll be wrong but we'll see. I just don't see the financial benefits of doing this and it really kills me to see us do this to the football team. If it was the old BE I'd be a little more positive about it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I guess you’re serious. There are a few more than 5 FB fans and some of us support all the sports. You live for big time hoops . Hooray for you.

And I’m not against the move.

Reaction Score
13,000 "likes" on FB.

Reaction Score
If you're an alum of UConn why can't you just support all of its programs? Why the hell do you have to identify as a men's basketball, women's basketball, or football only fan? I'm not sure this dynamic exists anywhere else in all of college athletics. I have teams that I actively follow for my university, but I don't hope for the destruction of the ones in which I only have a passing interest. Bizarre to the point of being sad.

CL82

Reaction Score
Well, Herbst finally figured out a way to leave behind a legacy.... what a joke that lady is.

She couldn’t even get Shalala to take her phone call in 2012 when the ACC took Louisville.

Rock Star Warde.., AAU LOL. Please go away forever.
Well to be fair phone service in the Caribbean can be a little spotty.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see us continue to try and do home and home with teams like Memphis, Cincy and Wichita. Not sure what the climate will be like, but good matchups.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m not against the move.
This is kind of where I'm at. I'm not against it. It will be good for men's basketball and will reduce travel costs and give fans more driveable games. it will let us keep SNY games which matters to me since I'm out of state. I think it is going to result in more money to us, particularly on a net basis.

But I know what this means for football and and I'm not particularly happy about it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is kind of where I'm at. I'm not against it. It will be good for men's basketball and will reduce travel costs and give fans more driveable games. it will let us keep SNY games which matters to me since I'm out of state. I think it is going to result in more money to us, particularly on a net basis.

But I know what this means for football and and I'm not particularly happy about it.
Yeah. But the AAC didn’t do anything for our football in a competitive sense. I know the coaching issues, but given where we are now, I don’t know when football would turn around. And the closest thing to a regional rivalry to stoke interest was Temple. I wasn’t enthused by the RE hire, kind of meh, but I know I can say I watched a record breaking team last year and stayed to the end of every game. Okay, it was to beat the traffic which got real heavy by mid 3rd quarter.

I like natural rivalries in sports. I’d wager Trinity fans get more stoked about playing Wesleyan or Amherst than UConn fans do about Tulsa and Houston.

Reaction Score
Shalala was sued individually by headline grabbing Blumenthal. I wouldn't have taken the call from UConn either.

Reaction Score
Shalala was sued individually by headline grabbing Blumenthal. I wouldn't have taken the call from UConn either.

A real rock star would have had the influence to at least have a conversation.

Reaction Score
Fun fact: Creighton has 5 NCAA tournament appearances in the last 8 years. More than UConn. Also two 1st round NBA draft picks in that time, one 2nd rounder. Maybe we should be worried about whether we can beat them rather than whether we are too good for them?

Reaction Score
Fun fact: Creighton has 5 NCAA tournament appearances in the last 8 years. More than UConn. 2 1st round NBA draft picks in that time, 1 2nd rounder. Maybe we should be worried about whether we can beat them rather than whether we are too good for them?
They couldn't compete in the AAC so hopefully things improve quickly

Reaction Score
Fun fact: Creighton has 5 NCAA tournament appearances in the last 8 years. More than UConn. Also two 1st round NBA draft picks in that time, one 2nd rounder. Maybe we should be worried about whether we can beat them rather than whether we are too good for them?
I agree, Creighton is a good program. Not great, but McDermott has done a nice job there. Winning in Omaha is not that easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom