Things We Learned | The Boneyard

Things We Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

This loss was good for several reasons. One we learned that Boatright can't be the guy for UCONN and is responsible for this loss for the most part. He needs to play as part of the team and not the main go to guy guy. Passing the ball around the perimeter to our guards who can't shoot will not work and has not worked.
Kevin Ollie has decisions to make ASAP or this will be NIT for us this year.

Brimah needs to be the focal point of our offense and we need to play through him if we are going to make the NCAA tournament this year. Inside out is the only way to relieve pressure from our guards. Number 1 option needs to be Brimah. The number 2 option should be Hamilton with him inbounding the ball in late game situation for free throws to ice the game.

Philip Nolan--- Overall was a positive influence in the game and a better fit than Facey though not as talented as Facey. He needs to play more minutes and or start alongside Brimah.

Reaction Score
This loss was good for several reasons. One we learned that Boatright can't be the guy for UCONN and is responsible for this loss for the most part. He needs to play as part of the team and not the main go to guy guy. Passing the ball around the perimeter to our guards who can't shoot will not work and has not worked.

Brimah needs to be the focal point of our offense and we need to play through him if we are going to make the NCAA tournament this year. Inside out is the only way to relieve pressure from our guards. Number 1 option needs to be Brimah. The number 2 option should be Hamilton with him inbounding the ball in late game situation for free throws to ice the game.

Philip Nolan--- Overall was a positive influence in the game and a better fit than Facey though not as talented as Facey. He needs to play more minutes and or start alongside Brimah.

Boat was hurt you moron.

Reaction Score

Some of the worst analysis of basketball I have ever seen. Just shockingly ignorant. I'm not one to throw insults around and I mean no offense, but you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Reaction Score
things we learned: boat wasnt ready to play, we cant play pressing uconn basketball like ollie wants to with 6 or 7 guys

Reaction Score
Brimah needs to be the focal point of our offense and we need to play through him if we are going to make the NCAA tournament this year.

Did you watch the Texas game?

Reaction Score

H

huskymagic

Some of the worst analysis of basketball I have ever seen. Just shockingly ignorant. I'm not one to throw insults around and I mean no offense, but you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

What part of what I said was untrue? Boatright's play is the main reason we lost today and again missing the front end of a one and one has cost us 2 games in a row. He was fine physically his steal for a two handed layup dunk is proof of that. This team will only get better if Ollie makes the adjustment of making Brimah the focal point of our offense. I love Boatright and have no ill will for the guy but I call it as I see it. This team doesn't have shooters and Boatright's one on one drives are making it easy for teams to defend us. He needs to go back to what he was doing last year NCAA tournament if were going to be successful.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It strikes me we're missing a true point guard. I was expecting Boat to do more drive and dish as well as shoot, but for the most part he is shoot first. His speed and ball handling should be getting into these zones. Oddly enough I think Hamilton is the best passer on the team. He has an uncanny ability with Brimah on the pick-and-roll.
Given this team's current inability on offense, maybe it's time to bring back some form of full court pressure and at least try to make use of our athleticism and length.
Now I sit here praying that Calhoun can come back and be a perimeter threat.
I hope this weekend doesn't turn out like last weekend where every UConn team lost.

Reaction Score
Boat might not have been ready due to injury but his outside shooting has been terrible this year. And two missed FTs that last year would have been made. No leadership on the floor. Not blaming Boat solely. Yale getting all those second chances just inexcusable. Tsam and SCJr have to be a threat on the offensive end. Brimah has to be able to catch the ball. Transition D is horrible. KO has his work cut out for him. This team is bad. Pieces just don't fit.

Reaction Score
Let me guess: this is the first basketball game you've watched all year. Or the first in your life.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
And Boat had 6 assists. :rolleyes:
They were a quiet 6 in my eyes. I remember 1 semi alley-oop that I think was a bad shot. That was quickly followed by a true alley-oop. That's all I remember.

Reaction Score
What part of what I said was untrue? Boatright's play is the main reason we lost today and again missing the front end of a one and one has cost us 2 games in a row. He was fine physically his steal for a two handed layup dunk is proof of that. This team will only get better if Ollie makes the adjustment of making Brimah the focal point of our offense. I love Boatright and have no ill will for the guy but I call it as I see it. This team doesn't have shooters and Boatright's one on one drives are making it easy for teams to defend us. He needs to go back to what he was doing last year NCAA tournament if were going to be successful.
Nearly everything.

Reaction Score
And Boat had 6 assists. 6! And 2 steals! :rolleyes:

He has been great. But there is no doubt he hurt them tonight, no doubt. Not as much as the 1st sentence may imply but he wasn't good at all and they needed him to make better decisions on a night like this. He is the guy they look to.

Reaction Score
Brimah as the focal point of our offense? Besides finishing alley oops, have you seen anything, especially tonight against an undersized team in Yale, that suggests that this is a good idea? An inside out game? He's a black hole, the ball goes in and it never comes out. Phil Nolan needs more time?

Have to thank you though, was feeling pretty roasty after this loss but I got a good laugh out of your post

Reaction Score
Brimah as the focal point of our offense? Besides finishing alley oops, have you seen anything, especially tonight against an undersized team in Yale, that suggests that this is a good idea? An inside out game? He's a black hole, the ball goes in and it never comes out. Phil Nolan needs more time?

Have to thank you though, was feeling pretty roasty after this loss but I got a good laugh out of your post

Yep this!

He can't pass the ball yet we'll play inside out? Love his improvement but he still has trouble squaring for the jump hook because he gets pounded and isn't strong enough yet. He threw a couple in falling, like the fact he knows where the basket is and that's a start, but focal point.? Fk no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom