Things We Learned | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things We Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Huskymagic should get a little bit of leeway, we're all reeling right now.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
1. Brimah will be here for all four years.

2. Unfortunately so will Phil.

3. Everyone is afraid to shoot.

4. Even samuel's mom knows he can't and wont shoot from further than two feet.

5. Deandre and giff much more valuable than given credit for.

6. Hamilton really likes throwing lobs to brimah.

7. Facey is no Gavin Edwards yet. Miles from it.

8. Either calhouns knee or head is really f"cked up.

9. The Ferrari needs serious garage work

10. Shabazz needn't worry about boat sitting next to him on the wall of honor.

11. We are doomed!!!!

Reaction Score
NIT is best case scenario. We're looking at a sub .500 record in a horrid AAC at this rate. Two losses to Tulsa, Cincy, Memphis (they figure it out well before we do), SMU, Houston, and Temple coming right up. Last seed in AAC tourney at a vacant XL center vs top seed. First round exit. Kicked out of AAC. Applications to MAC and A-10 denied. End up in NEC and indy in football playing all road games except home games vs Nova and CCSU which we lose combined 39-20. University loses NEASC accreditation and downtown Storrs becomes another downtown Willimantic and UConn becomes another ECSU.

Cincy and Memphis go BIG XII. USF and UCF go SEC. UVA and UNC finally go to B1G. ECU and Temple slide into ACC. AAC adds UMass, UNH, Buffao (or New York as they soon become known as NYC forgets us and has a new favorite son), ODU, URI, Middle Tennessee, Southern Miss and UMass runs table in watered down conference and has WTF OOC wins at Flordia and tOSU and is invited to NCAA playoffs. They win the national title and spurn offers from B1G and ACC saying they want to stay put and build AAC brand.

AAC brand grows thanks to UMass. Welcomed in as the P6 as autonomy finally happens. UConn goes down in lore as "only team to ever win they last NCAA tourney game they ever played in." Remember that one pub trivia buffs.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
12. We may be a good ft shooting team but dear god we can't get to the line.

Reaction Score
This loss was good for several reasons. One we learned that Boatright can't be the guy for UCONN and is responsible for this loss for the most part. He needs to play as part of the team and not the main go to guy guy. Passing the ball around the perimeter to our guards who can't shoot will not work and has not worked.
Kevin Ollie has decisions to make ASAP or this will be NIT for us this year.

Brimah needs to be the focal point of our offense and we need to play through him if we are going to make the NCAA tournament this year. Inside out is the only way to relieve pressure from our guards. Number 1 option needs to be Brimah. The number 2 option should be Hamilton with him inbounding the ball in late game situation for free throws to ice the game.

Philip Nolan--- Overall was a positive influence in the game and a better fit than Facey though not as talented as Facey. He needs to play more minutes and or start alongside Brimah.
AB doesn't have much of a clue about actually playing the game, and he isn't alone on this team. Tonight was just pathetic from so many angles. Terrible shooting, terrible rebounding, especially offensive, and mostly terrible defense. This was about heart and will, and we lost badly.

H

huskymagic

Brimah as the focal point of our offense? Besides finishing alley oops, have you seen anything, especially tonight against an undersized team in Yale, that suggests that this is a good idea? An inside out game? He's a black hole, the ball goes in and it never comes out. Phil Nolan needs more time?

Have to thank you though, was feeling pretty roasty after this loss but I got a good laugh out of your post

Yes Brimah the focal point of offense and Hamilton number 2 option. Just like I was right about the Ferrari and I was right about Omar, I understand the issues that this team faces. Team chemistry is lacking and Brimah has the personality and the game to bring this team together. Phil Nolan while clumsy and not a very good player brings some positive energy and intangibles that Facey lacks. Facey is a better athlete and more talented than Nolan, but not the right fit this year with this team. This team is headed for the NIT without radical changes by Ollie like the ones I am suggesting.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan defended very well on the last few possessions and everyone seems to be ignoring that. He had some great denials on the inside but because it won't show up in the box score, some people act like it didn't happen.

Reaction Score
Yes Brimah the focal point of offense and Hamilton number 2 option. Just like I was right about the Ferrari and I was right about Omar, I understand the issues that this team faces. Team chemistry is lacking and Brimah has the personality and the game to bring this team together. Phil Nolan while clumsy and not a very good player brings some positive energy and intangibles that Facey lacks. Facey is a better athlete and more talented than Nolan, but not the right fit this year with this team. This team is headed for the NIT without radical changes by Ollie like the ones I am suggesting.

No. Just no. Every time the offense runs through Brimah one of two things happens; he either takes two dribbles and puts up a right handed hook (75% of the time) or takes two dribbles and puts up a left handed hook (the other 25%). His attempts at extending his range looked cool for a bit but aren't effective at all, and, most importantly, he's not a great passer. You can't run an offense through a big man who can't pass and can't create their own shot. It should say a lot that tonight was Brimah's best game points wise and that all came from alley oops where the defense collapsed on someone else driving (i.e. he's not the focal point of the offense)

Nolan hustles but he's an atrocious rebounder for his size. Facey is also out there to score garbage points off put backs, something that Nolan is incapable of because he has hands like feet.

You're just off on your analysis on this one magic, but that's fine - a week ago I got crucified, and deservedly so, for saying Facey was our most consistent player. It happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom