Things that decided the game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Things that decided the game

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The only thing that should be on this list is Arizona shot free throws better than we did. Game was decided right there.

I'd qualify that further and not just talk shooting, but getting to the line. AZ was 19-22, UConn 8-13. Even if UConn goes 12-13 shooting FTs, it's only a tie game. Guards have to attack rim more and draw fouls.

Reaction Score
Alterique Gilbert.

I thought he started off playing fairly uncontrolled. Hit his head. And was the ONE thing that crucially left us bereft against a fairly good team. We are a new club - basically - and playing different roles and differently together. We saw many positive signs today and prior to this game. I do think we can expect more consistency from Carlton and Cobb from here on; neither are playing to last years mediocrity; I do see hope for both. Maybe someday it will be in the same game. Sidney Wilson was a revelation today. And while, Jalen Adams could take over that game like previous UConn greats, he played well. I accept Vital for who he is; his passionate fire is a welcome difference from others.

But Gilbert today was out of sync early; out of sync shooting totally; and looked groggy after the head crash; and out of sync when we needed him. He plays more controlled and better floor-manager and UConn is a much better club. His defense was reasonably good today on the little guy.
I think we have to come to grips with AG’s size and the challenges it will present from time to time. He has to be a lot smarter about driving into the trees and forcing the issue because he does not have enough size to finish those at times. We have good guards don’t get me wrong but each one has flaws. Can’t miss FT’s like they are doing. It;s one thing for a big to miss them but not the guards. Even in a poorly called game it coulda been the difference today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom