Things that decided the game | The Boneyard

Things that decided the game

Reaction Score
4. The shot clock did not reset after the tie up, isn´t it supposed to reset?? Results in violation for Uconn, Hurley looked pissed about that right after.
5. Zona throws it away, announcers causally say "Uconn ball". Once the camera is focused on the inbounds passer again....it is Zona is inbounding?
6. One of the offensive fouls was questionable, when, I can not remember, one of the guards drills a 3. Players looked confused after that one.

Maybe 1 or 2 others but in a close game like that, they are huge.

Reaction Score
1. Zona played better defense, didn’t let out guards penetrate, took away fast break
2. We played bad defense
3. They knocked down free throws when it mattered.

Pretty much sums it up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn playing stupid and unable to make proper adjustments
Poor job defensively overall
This was an unusual foul shooting performance for Zona but give them credit - they hit them
Biggest turning point was JA's miss on a drive and miss first free throw when down 2 - he usually makes that a 3 point play

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Missed free throw by Adams and dumb foul by Smith on the three. Let him take that three it was super deep. Team know take away dribble penetration from UConn and they will turn it over.

Reaction Score
Vital - 7 turnovers

Jalen - 5 turnovers & yes 21 points but missed FT in crunch time a killer

AG - 3 for 12

Tarin - 5 points, 2 asst in 30 mins

Our supposed strength wasn't up to the challenge today.

Cobb, Polley & Wilson gave us a combined 27 pts, 15 Reb and 1 turnover so I can't fault any of them.

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Missed free throw by Adams and dumb foul by Smith on the three. Let him take that three it was super deep. Team know take away dribble penetration from UConn and they will turn it over.
I was really upset after that 3 point foul by Smith. It was a great defensive possession and then a dumb foul by Smith .... cost 3 points.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
For me, the biggest problem was too much one on one and forced shots, particularly between 8 and 4 minutes left in the game. Also, Gilbert had a very poor game, couldn't shoot and many bad decisions. The sky isn't falling, we just have to play better to beat top 30 teams. Also, as others have said, defense has too many holes at times.

Reaction Score
All teams make mistakes. If we dont do ANY of the things listed here, we win by 25.

Reality is you take any ONE of these away and we win. Jalen makes the lay up, no foul on the late 3, one less turnover when we turned it over 4x in a row. Whatever.

All we needed was one.

That will come with time. Not a team of winners quite yet.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Vital - 7 turnovers

Jalen - 5 turnovers & yes 21 points but missed FT in crunch time a killer

AG - 3 for 12

Tarin - 5 points

Our supposed strength wasn't up to the challenge today.

Cobb, Polley & Wilson gave us a combined 27 pts, 15 Reb and 1 turnover so I can't fault any of them.
Thank You for your forensics. Our guards didn’t match up and tried to force things.

Reaction Score
+ awful shots from Vital. 7 Box Score TO's but how many 'real' TOs?

Dude was brutal today. At least Al was finding open 'mates in the 2nd half

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What was with them calling it a shooting foul (questionable call at all) when Jeter went up to catch a lob way away from the hoop?

Reaction Score
Turnovers
Free throws
Cold guards

Up until mid second I thought Miller was clearly out coaching Hurley with the constant pick and roll to Jeter over and over but coach adjusted. I think the attitude and bonding on this team was apparent after every timeout and seeing Jalen Polley and Cobb get hyped for the team who was still down gave me a lot of hope. As far as players the only ones that stood out were Carlton and Cobb. Carlton cannot play against high level teams. Cobb seems to excel. Vital is what he is. I loved seeing defense for offense subs st the end. I don’t think Jalen has ever been sat at crunch time. Zona much like Iowa is much better than the records they have and Miller is a very good coach even if he’s dirty. We need to win one if these next two big games but if we stay close like today I am still optimistic we can get in as we will end up in at least second in the conference this year. The team has swagger even walking off the court today. Akok signing is even a big deal as he is going about it the right way. His calmness will feed into some of the cruits that were there. Also the bigs must be salivating as any of them would be starting right now. Not a bad showing and the fans showed up too. Any pan out of the crowd showed some maniac in blue or white even the older gal tupewritering bebind the announcers

Reaction Score
Turnovers were the biggest factor and most them were by our veterans which is most frustrating and concerning.

Reaction Score
Cobb did not play toward the end? Was it his D? I have 2 bones to pick. 1. Vital turning it over is brutal 2. AG driving in to the trees. He’s a tiny guard and can’t create his own shot at times. AZ took 9 more FTs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom