Things I'm looking for vs Furman | The Boneyard

Things I'm looking for vs Furman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Third game and it's time to start seeing some things become a bit more consistent, not a ton of expectation but just a little more than the 1st 2 in which everyone is still feeling each other out:

3 point shooting - will this become something we can rely on 35-50% most of the time. Can they follow up that nice showing vs UNH with another?

Shonn Miller - Will he shake off a game in which it seemed early foul trouble took him out of a rhythm and come back with a game more reflective of game 1? Will they run some stuff for him down low to get him some post looks or pick and pops?

Jalen Adams - will he jump out of that shell soon and come in the confident young man and exciting player we all know he will be? I like the way he's working his own progress honestly but I think KO wants him to be Jalen and do what he does best. May see a lot more of him and his ability beginning today.

Gibbs - continue to be consistent, get to the rim and the FT line and make 3's? And if he doesn't will someone pick up his scoring? He's going to be there most of the time it would seem but can't ask for every game - should be interesting to see when he's off it a bit who steps up.

DHam - want to see him start looking to get to the rim more. His ability to score will enable him to pass off more against good teams. Teams with bigs who can defend will be prepared for the passes to AB and Shonn so that will allow him more space to finish himself and he needs to show he can to open up the options.

Facey - Love what he's doing off the bench, will he continue to be that 6/6 guy because as he is right now - perfect.

Noon today game 3. Always fun but let's see how they continue to get better. What are you guys looking for?

EDIT: Almost forgot an important item: a WIN :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly on DHam. I'd actually like to see him be a bit more selfish as I think he goes into the lane looking to pass as opposed to being a dual threat. Against good teams, the alley-oop to AB will not be as readily available so DHam as to be able to take a little floater or fadeaway. He has it in his arsenal, we've seen it used here and there, just would like to see it a bit more.

Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly on DHam. I'd actually like to see him be a bit more selfish as I think he goes into the lane looking to pass as opposed to being a dual threat. Against good teams, the alley-oop to AB will not be as readily available so DHam as to be able to take a little floater or fadeaway. He has it in his arsenal, we've seen it used here and there, just would like to see it a bit more.

I'd like to see DHam and RP get to the rim and the line a little more (hopefully they are both improved at the line). Be more aggressive, attack. Make our offense that more explosive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller - Will he shake off a game in which it seemed early foul trouble took him out of a rhythm and come back with a game more reflective of game 1? Will they run some stuff for him down low to get him some post looks or pick and pops?

I think they can set him up for some pick and dunks. A few more touches will help keep him from drifting, I believe.

Reaction Score
Def looking for a Miller bounce back game after the quiet foul trouble UNH game.

Also want to see dham be more selfish and not pass up the open 3.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I really agree about Jalen and KO said the same thing. We have seen Sterling start to show his stuff and now I'd like to see KO structure things so JA gets the ball much more than last game.

C

Chief00

Really only two things - Will Gibbs continue his good shooting and will Jalen provide meaningful value in the rotation.

WARNING - I won't be breaking the game down afterwards since I will be at the football game. Maybe tonight but probably not - the crew is in town.

Reaction Score
WARNING - I won't be breaking the game down afterwards since I will be at the football game. Maybe tonight but probably not - the crew is in town.

Thanks for the warning chief. Not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight without the post game breakdown.

Reaction Score
Really only two things - Will Gibbs continue his good shooting and will Jalen provide meaningful value in the rotation.

Hit me up when you and the crew get to where you are going

Reaction Score
Third game and it's time to start seeing some things become a bit more consistent, not a ton of expectation but just a little more than the 1st 2 in which everyone is still feeling each other out:

3 point shooting - will this become something we can rely on 35-50% most of the time. Can they follow up that nice showing vs UNH with another?

Jalen Adams - will he jump out of that shell soon and come in the confident young man and exciting player we all know he will be? I like the way he's working his own progress honestly but I think KO wants him to be Jalen and do what he does best. May see a lot more of him and his ability beginning today.

Gibbs - continue to be consistent, get to the rim and the FT line and make 3's? And if he doesn't will someone pick up his scoring? He's going to be there most of the time it would seem but can't ask for every game - should be interesting to see when he's off it a bit who steps up.

DHam - want to see him start looking to get to the rim more. His ability to score will enable him to pass off more against good teams. Teams with bigs who can defend will be prepared for the passes to AB and Shonn so that will allow him more space to finish himself and he needs to show he can to open up the options.

Facey - Love what he's doing off the bench, will he continue to be that 6/6 guy because as he is right now - perfect.

Noon today game 3. Always fun but let's see how they continue to get better. What are you guys looking for?

EDIT: Almost forgot an important item: a WIN :eek:
Is Purvis and Brimah not playing? Kidding. Love the write up. Nice job, Mau.

My hope is that the team continues to develop chemistry and play at an efficient level. I love how they have a lot of different scorers. Last year they were prone to some scoring droughts, especially when Boatright was on the bench, but this team has enough drought busters to prevent teams from having big runs on us. At least it looks that way so far.

Reaction Score
Is Purvis and Brimah not playing? Kidding. Love the write up. Nice job, Mau.

My hope is that the team continues to develop chemistry and play at an efficient level. I love how they have a lot of different scorers. Last year they were prone to some scoring droughts, especially when Boatright was on the bench, but this team has enough drought busters to prevent teams from having big runs on us. At least it looks that way so far.

Well I will get hammered by "some" if I dare to say what I'm looking for from AB and I didn't want to go through everyone DM. That's for you later LOL

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Better defense - I don't want to see so many wide open threes in the corners. That's been an issue.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see us get away from the platoon style subbing. Not 5 guys out, 5 guys in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom