Things I love and hate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things I love and hate

Reaction Score
The things you hate seem fixable.
That's a good thing! And they should get cleaned up as the season goes on with more time together on the floor etc.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It is by design. That's Hurley style defense. They double on screens way away from the basket, and have a long recovery. It's up to the other players to rotate, which they're not.
And the timing on hedge can be tricky. It's a VERY difficult style of D. But incredibly effective if done well. It will take time.

And more talent. As guys filter into the program, it should look better.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Total offensive rebounds (through 7 games)
2018-19 --> 95
2017-18 --> 63
2016-17 --> 59
2015-16 --> 69
2014-15 --> 50
2013-14 --> 54
2012-13 --> 53
2011-12 --> 98

Notice the very clear demarcations there? Maybe KO didn't emphasize?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dre did well enough to be a top ten draft pick. Boat’s suspension delayed team development. But mostly Calhoun was out too much.

That was due to projection though. Freak athlete.

Frankly, his tools are better geared toward the NBA, especially at that raw/young age.

Reaction Score
Things I hate - all of the half-measure rule changes the NCAA has made that haven’t improved the game much.

Closely related - we’re 7 games in, and this team still hasn’t learned how to play defense without fouling. I love the effort, but they need to figure that part out.

Reaction Score
What I hated most about last night was that Tarin's awful game suggests that we aren't as deep at guard as we thought. We started three guards last night and discovered, when they got into foul trouble, that we had no dependable bench. Given the team's overall foul situation, Tarin's three fouls in three minutes were as mindless a demonstration as you're likely to see from an experienced player. And Tarin cannot be on the floor late, as a lifetime 65% foul shooter who is trending worse, not better.

Reaction Score
And more talent. As guys filter into the program, it should look better.

The right kind of talent, too. Hurley has a "type" like every coach, and in some ways we're putting a square peg in a round hole right now. Nothing wrong with the square peg, just made for a different style of play.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What I hated most about last night was that Tarin's awful game suggests that we aren't as deep at guard as we thought. We started three guards last night and discovered, when they got into foul trouble, that we had no dependable bench. Given the team's overall foul situation, Tarin's three fouls in three minutes were as mindless a demonstration as you're likely to see from an experienced player. And Tarin cannot be on the floor late, as a lifetime 65% foul shooter who is trending worse, not better.

One game man. He's showed the other side too. Everybody is gonna be up and down this year. At least to start.

Reaction Score
Prediction: we come out and aggressively D up Zona like our lives depend on it. I just hope it doesn’t result in us getting into foul trouble. It will depend on how the game is called. Us blowing Umess Jr. out while struggling on D was probably the best result going into a big game. Hurley will be riding their asses all week.

Yeah, I was thinking this as well. It was a fun win for the fans but there was enough wrong that there is no way the team is going to be allowed to relax before AZ. We need to punch first in the game Sunday and keep the crowd engaged all game long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom