Things I love about Illinois | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Things I love about Illinois

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I’ve lived in Illinois for 44 years but I’m a UConn fan so I see no reason to get all warm and fuzzy about Illinois on game day. I know we are 2-1 against them all time. I know I was at the game in Champaign on 1-4-91 when Chris Smith put on a show. I remember it was winter break and only the locals were at the game and this one yokel kept calling us uconnvicts. Really pissed me off. The last thing I remember was we had really good seats and I came away from the game thinking Ted Valentine was the worst ref ever.

Reaction Score
Bill Murray Nfl GIF by Chicago Bears
"Bear Down" is a UofA mantra

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call it "love", but when you're driving through NW Indiana to Chicago, crossing the Illinois border means you're finally rid of that stench from Gary and Hammond.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't think this qualifies as something to "like" aboout Illinois but I did come across something today that (I may have known but had forgotten) I see as a positive mojo sign.

In the (awesome, highly underrated) old TV show, Arrested Development; there was a character, Tobias Funke (I'm not about to alter my keyboard to include an umlaut), who, in a manner I imagine dissimilar, but also coincidental to Illinois' star player, was both an analyst and a therapist. He also happened to work in Boston (the part that I found a pleasant suprise when I saw the business card, poictured below), where we are playing this evening. In something that I imagine is far difference, Tobias "Blue himself". I imagine Illinois' star forced someone else to do it for him.

TF-Blue.jpg

message to @temery . If the attached picture causes a problem, please delete.

Reaction Score
Its name get mispronounced as much as our state's does.

Meaning a lot of people not from there, pronounce it Illinoise, just like those same folks pronounce ours as
Connect A Cut.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Connecting through O'Hare. Not really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members