Things I love about Illinois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things I love about Illinois

Reaction Score
Smashing Pumpkins and Wayne and Garth. Oh, and Louis Armstrong’s Hot 5s and 7s!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Illinois is one of my favorite states for the following reasons:
  1. John Hughes - did he ever make a bad movie?
Thinking this honesty will be good for the mojo.

"Curly Sue" shows 13% on Rotten Tomatoes. I decided right there to stop looking any further, but he does have a generally solid filmography, and I think its mention works to your post's favor.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
"Curly Sue" shows 13% on Rotten Tomatoes. I decided right there to stop looking any further, but he does have a generally solid filmography, and I think its mention works to your post's favor.
I kinda liked Curly Sue. It was dumb, but overall a feel good movie. Worth noting that the critics gave it 13%. The hoi polloi gave it 50% approval. Still not good, but a lot better than 13%

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A not-quite- random handful: AACM, Chess Records, Studs Terkel, Ernie Banks, 1985 Bears

I kinda liked Curly Sue. It was dumb, but overall a feel good movie. Worth noting that the critics gave it 13%. The hoi polloi gave it 50% approval. Still not good, but a lot better than 13%
I figured I'd smoke out answer like this, if I picked only one movie

Reaction Score
Harrison Ford, Jordan, Skyscrapers, Brownies, Dick Butkus, Italian Beef, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, Sam Cooke, Earth Wind & Fire, Curtis Mayfield, Eddie Vedder, Terry Kath, Chaka Khan, Kirby Puckett, Robin Yount, Jim Thome, Chris Chelios, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Robin Williams, Bob Odenkirk, John Malkovich, Bob Newhart, Daniel Burnham, Louis Sullivan, Cindy Crawford, breaded steak sandwich, jibaritos, Chicago World's Fair, Al Capone, Sam Giancana, Frank Nitti, Tony Accardo, Baby Face Nelson

Reaction Score
Yeah you gotta include the actual band if you're gonna list off the great things about Chicago.

Reaction Score

As are Wilco, Earth, Wind & Fire, Ministry, Urge Overkill, Umphrey’s McGee, and the legendary Material Issue.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
As are Wilco, Earth, Wind & Fire, Ministry, Urge Overkill, Umphrey’s McGee, and the legendary Material Issue.
One of the best live bands you will ever see, Local H.

Reaction Score
Like the Huskies, they're on a Mission from God.

You’ve actually been compliant (and somewhat enjoyable). Don’t screw it up now, dum dum.

Reaction Score
I hate this thread.

Since when do cuddle our opponent and tell them how much we love them? What are we a bunch of helicopter Karen moms now?

This team plays their home games in the State Farm Center in Champaign, Illinois. 2 hours from Chicago. In a town known for the Krannert Art Museum and Krystal Lake Waterpark. We have more in common with Bill Murray than they do.

You get two hours outside Chicago and you become Providence. Only meaningful because you’re a couple hours from better cities.

Screw this thread and that whole state. Their pizza sucks. Chicago is a bullet riddled war zone. And they’re chanting how bad they want to play us. Be better than this thread, Yard.

Reaction Score
Like the stoped clock that is right twice a day, Deep is correct on this.

The next step down this thread’s misguided path is we all wear orange and donate to the Illini NIL collective “for the mojo”

Thanks?

Reaction Score
A great read for everyone about the Chicago World's Fair, "Devil in the White City" by Eric Larsen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom