Things are A Changin’ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things are A Changin’

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Many of you certainly have misunderstood my post in respect to the system that Geno runs. I was only infering that things emphasised in a system often comes at a cost or trade off. The thing is evaluating that tradeoff rationally. As I said Geno runs a system that has been very successful and he has adapted and adjusted it to suit changes in WCBB. Taking in transfers being one of the things he has changed.

The think is that the WCBB lanscape has changed drastically with the new transfer rules and it might require Geno to once again adapt. This time it would be in respect to his system of playing time for subs. Just being on the UConn team with Geno as the coach seems ot have lost its attraction to many players. They will not be happy to just ride the bench.
Well since you posted in bold, I am convinced.

Reaction Score
The fact that the second stringers are perceived to not get the same level of coaching as the starters is a good reason for many players not to commit to UConn if they believe they will not start. I think that might be the " catch 22" that becomes a self fullfilling prophesy that hurts the depth of the team. If there is any doubt they will get starters time they might not commit and if they still commit and don;t get the time they will think about transferring.
I’ve never heard that non starters receive a lower level of coaching than starters.
I also find this difficult to believe.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just being on the UConn team with Geno as the coach seems ot have lost its attraction to many players. They will not be happy to just ride the bench.
Why do you say that?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Geno will always be Geno, and he will never stop pushing buttons

The team is a National Title favorite with Paige, and could potentially be molded into a National Title contender without Paige

Let's hope for the best, and let's hope Geno never stops pushing buttons

Reaction Score
Many of you certainly have misunderstood my post in respect to the system that Geno runs. I was only infering that things emphasised in a system often comes at a cost or trade off. The thing is evaluating that tradeoff rationally. As I said Geno runs a system that has been very successful and he has adapted and adjusted it to suit changes in WCBB. Taking in transfers being one of the things he has changed.

The think is that the WCBB lanscape has changed drastically with the new transfer rules and it might require Geno to once again adapt. This time it would be in respect to his system of playing time for subs. Just being on the UConn team with Geno as the coach seems ot have lost its attraction to many players. They will not be happy to just ride the bench.
These are indictments and if you are to be taken seriously you must provide evidences and reasoning so we can follow your remarks. For ex.: you say or implies that Geno changes his approach only to say he doesn't. You talked about him changing his system when he takes in transfer. Really. Are the 2 related? He has certainly changed his practice (sometime back) concerning transfers, but has he changed his system to accommodate them? And your incitement about transfer rules, playing time for "subs" is confusing. It is certainly easier (as it should in the view here) for players to leave a Program. And they might very well end up at a school where the get to start and play all they want; but, this is not always a guarantee. And I suspect the more ethically concerned coaches out there will not be playing a player top keep them from leaving. Such practices have a way of coming back to haunt and even destroy a Program. As to this current Uconn roster how many of the players have voiced the ambition of being a WNBA player? We act as if all of them have voiced such views. Has Liv given any hint about such a career? And lastly, what do you mean by
"Just being on the UConn team with Geno as the coach ?????????
seems ot have lost its attraction to many players. ????????
They will not be happy to just ride the bench.
" ????????
Thus spoke willtalk. Or, when were these intimations true? If any of these intimations exist other than inside your head, please identify the players who have confessed to you. Then again, confession is private-- isn't it. And such is the happy status of more and more Boneyarders! I'm beginning to have schizophrenic-like experience on this Board, recently. Where their is a "real" Uconn team and another one and it is unclear which imaginary one is in discussion at any given time. Some times there is a Uconn team that is sub-divided into first and second teams, and we are told that the 2nd team is good enough to be in the top 20. Some wrtes that the 2nd team is receiving inferior coaching as compare to the 1st (no one as yet to suggest that the 2nd team travels by bus or economy class-- hint, hint...). And many think that if the coaches learn to put these two units together we would have a great team! Maybe you are right, the (thrill)/attraction is gone. It is US/Boneyarders who have lost the thrill of the play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom