Thin Josh | The Boneyard

Thin Josh

Reaction Score
Looks a lot more like Sophomore year Josh. He could definitely be a reliable offensive big for us imo. I don't even think that's a stretch

Reaction Score
So he lost 20-30 lbs before June but couldn’t lose any weight over the course of the season??? Whatever, I’m not complaining it’s great news.

If he can play like he did as a sophomore then our ceiling just got that much higher. He’d demand at least 20 mpg along with Sanogo. But that would have to push Whaley to the 4 spot...

Sanogo, Carlton and Whaley each playing 13 mpg at center doesn’t seem like the recipe for success

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So he lost 20-30 lbs before June but couldn’t lose any weight over the course of the season??? Whatever, I’m not complaining it’s great news.

If he can play like he did as a sophomore then our ceiling just got that much higher. He’d demand at least 20 mpg along with Sanogo. But that would have to push Whaley to the 4 spot...
Word actually did come out that he did drop a good amount of weight over the course of the season. I forget where that came from though.

Reaction Score
Word actually did come out that he did drop a good amount of weight over the course of the season. I forget where that came from though.
He looked every bit of 260 during the last game of the season (and if not he was still moving like he was). It’s just curious is all

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
About a month ago, I was shooting hoops outside near Busby with a buddy, and Josh came and started playing on the other side of the court. Looked to be in much better shape then too- was working on his mid range game and post moves. Looked more mobile than he did earlier this year.

Granted, I think he noticeably slimmed a bit as the 2019-20 season went on.

Reaction Score
He looked every bit of 260 during the last game of the season (and if not he was still moving like he was). It’s just curious is all

I disagree. I thought he definitely lost weight during the season. He was listed at 265 when the season started but I’d bet he was around 250/255 by the end. Still moved sluggishly though.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I thought he definitely lost weight during the season. He was listed at 265 when the season started but I’d bet he was around 250/255 by the end. Still moved sluggishly though.
saying no no not true he lost like 10 lbs during the season is slicing the bologna pretty thin. how can you disagree that it's odd carlton only lost 10 lbs from novmeber through mid march but then proceeded to lose twice that in the following 2 months?

Reaction Score
saying no no not true he lost like 10 lbs during the season is slicing the bologna pretty thin. how can you disagree that it's odd carlton only lost 10 lbs from novmeber through mid march but then proceeded to lose twice that in the following 2 months?

Not following you. You said he wasn’t noticeably different during the season; I said I thought he lost 10-15 pounds, and that may have been without a concerted effort to lose weight until at least January. I don’t think it’s super surprising if he lost another 10 pounds or so since mid March.

I said this during the season; adding 30 pounds was obviously too much but I think 5-10 pounds would’ve been fine. Give me a 240/245 pound Carlton...sophomore Carlton plus 5-10 pounds of good muscle.

Reaction Score
I’d be happier if they spent every day tenderizing his hands so he can handle a post pass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom