They Raise The Issue To Debunk It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

They Raise The Issue To Debunk It

Reaction Score
Sorry, but you worded your post wrong. Also, I don't agree. How about Anne Meyers, Nancy Lieberman, Anne Donovan. I could keep on going.
You're correct, my post was not clear - I was comparing Paige as a freshman, with all the other players at the same time in their development as a freshman. Sorry for the confusion. It would also be difficult to compare players from previous decades to today's players. 1970's - 80's quality of college WBB play was basically JV and Varsity High School ball today. Only a small handful of players really had any talent/skill, therefore very little competition. Into the 90's the competition got better, but still the overall competition was sparse. Without question, today the quality and quantity of elite players and teams are much greater than in the past, so Paige's accomplishments must be viewed through that lens.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I couldn't stand either. I'm glad they are both long gone. I'd let Dave back if he promised to never return to the Red Sox. We lost Don Orsillo for him?
Just to gauge the relativity-Do you like either Deb Antonelli or Carolyn Peck?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Sorry, but you worded your post wrong. Also, I don't agree. How about Anne Meyers, Nancy Lieberman, Anne Donovan. I could keep on going.
So as I have posted Paige’s stats versus Maya, Stewie and Diana, and yes she is clearly better than all 3 from their freshman year, you can’t just list names, you need to qualify what that achieved IN THEIR FRESHMAN YEAR.
We here in the Boneyard like all opinions and disagreements if you provide some evidence to support your view. Show me some and maybe I would agree that Paige is behind someone, but without any evidence I find your statement rife with doubt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom