They Know us in the Caribbean!! | The Boneyard

They Know us in the Caribbean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They know us in Antigua! Got stopped on the elevator at the resort I'm staying at by an employee who's a local while wearing my UConn shirt. He was like UConn huh? I said yeah man. He goes nice congrats you must be excited for this weekend. I said yeah I can't wait. He goes I will be cheering for you guys now that my team is out. I asked who his team is and he said UNC but he's always admired UConn. Then he said as long as Kentucky doesn't win haha

People know us even here! UConn Country is worldwide!

Reaction Score
Breaking News: CBS Sports announces TV blackout of Final 4 in Antigua...stay tuned for further reports.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Breaking News: CBS Sports announces TV blackout of Final 4 in Antigua...stay tuned for further reports.

Lol I hate you.

Seriously they have every American channel here, so if I can't see this game I know you must have cast a spell on me.

Reaction Score
I was at a Chinese restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown years ago and from where I was eating you could see where they cooked the food. A chef who could barely speak English saw my UConn gear and started going crazy saying how much he loves UConn, he sounded like the Chinese version of Okwandu.

Reaction Score
I was at a Chinese restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown years ago and from where I was eating you could see where they cooked the food. A chef who could barely speak English saw my UConn gear and started going crazy saying how much he loves UConn, he sounded like the Chinese version of Okwandu.
Well I don't need to verify that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

You just described every math TA I ever had.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was in China on a business trip a few months ago and wearing a UCONN hat. A Chinese guy in the office said, "They won the championship a couple years ago." Pretty cool since the games aren't shown there and Internet is restricted.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Guys - a bunch of people on the Syracuse board said that we have no brand, so this can't be true.

Reaction Score
Kemba's family is from Antigua, wouldn't be surprised if the natives followed him during his career here

Reaction Score
I can verify that UConn has lots of Caribbean love ! We're in Anguilla and everyone knows about both teams!

Reaction Score
UCweCONN said:
I was in China on a business trip a few months ago and wearing a UCONN hat. A Chinese guy in the office said, "They won the championship a couple years ago." Pretty cool since the games aren't shown there and Internet is restricted.
Restricted, but plenty of VPNs get over and around the China Wall. Hoop games aren't blocked at this end, but US networks do like to benefit from their expensive broadcast rights. Regardless, the games will be viewed by MANY Chinese in China. Even with a 6 am Sunday morning wake up call, Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
In 2011 we went to Barbuda (which shares a flag with Antigua) for the first time during the Final 4 week. Turns out Kemba Walker's dad is Barbudan. Barbuda is teeny. At least four people we met at our resort were Walker relatives. So, yeah, Antigua & Barbuda know UConn for sure. :)

Reaction Score
In 2011 we went to Barbuda (which shares a flag with Antigua) for the first time during the Final 4 week. Turns out Kemba Walker's dad is Barbudan. Barbuda is teeny. At least four people we met at our resort were Walker relatives. So, yeah, Antigua & Barbuda know UConn for sure. :)
And Jamaica knows Kenton Facey.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Guys - a bunch of people on the Syracuse board said that we have no brand, so this can't be true.
25-0 SHIRTS FOR EVERYONE!

Reaction Score
Restricted, but plenty of VPNs get over and around the China Wall. Hoop games aren't blocked at this end, but US networks do like to benefit from their expensive broadcast rights. Regardless, the games will be viewed by MANY Chinese in China. Even with a 6 am Sunday morning wake up call, Go UCONN!

Sunday 5am for me here in Bangkok. @_@

So do I stay up late or get up early? Either way...

Go Huskies!!!!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Was at the Sydney airport earlier this week and saw a girl decked out in UConn sweatshirt and UConn sweatpants. Looked young enough to be a student but can't imagine why she would have been down here. Nice to see someone else wearing the merchandise...

Reaction Score
Im an astronaut and we went on a secret mission to mars and wouldnt you know it, we found intelligent life and they all had Jim Calhoun shirts and monuments erected in his honor. That face on mars? Jim Calhoun. They consider him their deity.

Reaction Score
I can verify that UConn has lots of Caribbean love ! We're in Anguilla and everyone knows about both teams!
Again another statement I wish I could verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom