These players didn’t give up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

These players didn’t give up

Reaction Score
In the old days (10 years ago lol) when players transferred out it was viewed as a sign of bigger problems and a big negative on the head coach. Those days are done. Coach Prime had built an entire brand on the idea of roster turnover. If more players leave then wish them well, but move on. It doesn't reflect poorly on the coach.

Reaction Score
Please... the "players dont give up" excuse is an insult to the Program. It should only be used for Programs at the bottom that are overmatched against the opponent. Thats not the case here. if it is, might as well just end the Program. We should have beaten this garbage team with a backup QB at home.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In the old days (10 years ago lol) when players transferred out it was viewed as a sign of bigger problems and a big negative on the head coach. Those days are done. Coach Prime had built an entire brand on the idea of roster turnover. If more players leave then wish them well, but move on. It doesn't reflect poorly on the coach.

Agreed. There are some posters on this board that enjoy wallowing in misery and think that if the athletic program completely collapses it will somehow validate their views. It is best to ignore them.

Players are going to come and go in the modern era.

Reaction Score
I must be a sucker for punishment I am watching the Red Sox vs Orioles ….. Red Sox are worse than the Yankees this year. I have family of Red Sox fans who work in DC now days so they are at the game in enemy territory

Reaction Score
JM likes to be involved with the defense and I assume he is calling the defensive sets. That is his background. IMO he needs to get a DC for next year so he can be involved with both sides of the ball during the game not just mainly in the defensive huddles. I don't see him in the offensive bench areas during the game. And this must be true for practice as well.
^^^ this. He needs to be above the fray to properly see that the right things get addressed.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
If he walks.. this program is in big trouble
It’s already in big trouble. It’s a matter of when, not if, he walks. Year 2 needed to build on last year’s momentum, it hasn’t though. 5 wins would take a Herculean feat, 3 might be possible, 2 are more realistic. He can say “I tried, but there were difficulties beyond coaching that are hurting this program .” I love UConn and will continue to support them, but my love isn’t blind. Mora is may be a good coach, but he isn’t a magician.

Reaction Score
It’s already in big trouble. It’s a matter of when, not if, he walks. Year 2 needed to build on last year’s momentum, it hasn’t though. 5 wins would take a Herculean feat, 3 might be possible, 2 are more realistic. He can say “I tried, but there were difficulties beyond coaching that are hurting this program .” I love UConn and will continue to support them, but my love isn’t blind. Mora is may be a good coach, but he isn’t a magician.

It’s going to be ok.

He doesn’t sound like he is near quitting at all when you listen to him.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Amazing how a blocked football kick drives some people over the edge. Easily our best game on O this year with a couple of bad breakdowns on D, a few lousy center snaps, an ill-conceived hurried 4th and short and one bad decision by Roberson to try to squeeze in a pass instead of run for a first down (I’ve seen pro QBs do the same many times.). BTW, Duke gave ND all it could handle. First time in my life a rooted for Duke anything.

Reaction Score
This is a very good post. The world in college sports is rapidly changing. Players transferring is a lot less about the program that they are transferring from and lot more about themselves and how they can improve their lives, ie more NIL money, better exposure to show case their talents. Crying about it isn't going to help. Mora and his staff have to continue to hit the transfer portal hard to find players as good or better than the ones that are leaving each year. As a side note, it was great to get a more productive game Saturday out of Geordon Porter who is a graduate transfer with terrific speed. Lets hope that we see a lot more completed passes between Roberson and Porter going forward this season.

Reaction Score
This is a very good post. The world in college sports is rapidly changing. Players transferring is a lot less about the program that they are transferring from and lot more about themselves and how they can improve their lives, ie more NIL money, better exposure to show case their talents. Crying about it isn't going to help. Mora and his staff have to continue to hit the transfer portal hard to find players as good or better than the ones that are leaving each year. As a side note, it was great to get a more productive game Saturday out of Geordon Porter who is a graduate transfer with terrific speed. Lets hope that we see a lot more completed passes between Roberson and Porter going forward this season.
Offensively, this was much better showing than we’ve seen in a long time. DeVonte who? Don’t want to be here? See ya, we’re fine at your position.

TR still leaves a lot to be desired 8 rushes for 15 yds will not win games at this level. I wish our Coaching staff would rotate at this position until we find someone who wishes to claim the position.

Saturday was filled positives but also some glaring negatives.

Some people have posted we “can’t recover” from this loss - Newsflash, they can and will. But coaching needs to be better.

When you have issues on Special Teams, penalties, missed coverages, this is a team preparation issue and not a “talent” issue.

I hope Mora and his staff can improve their efforts to prepare our team’s performance on game day for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Heard on the radio post-game that Malik Dixon-Williams had left the game around halftime with an injury. Can anyone confirm? His absence probably played a part in some of those secondary breakdowns.

Reaction Score
Heard on the radio post-game that Malik Dixon-Williams had left the game around halftime with an injury. Can anyone confirm? His absence probably played a part in some of those secondary breakdowns.
It was thought he might have a concussion/entering concussion protocol.

Reaction Score
I'd say mid-season movement does. But I also think redshirt rules may get revisited in this new era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom