These players didn’t give up | The Boneyard

These players didn’t give up

Reaction Score
Gave up 24 unanswered points. This team still dig deep.

After hearing some players leave, I think it’s a matter of addition by subtraction. The guys today played tough, offense moved the ball, and defense got some key stops.

Today was a couple mental lapses.

It sucks but feeling better that these players are buying into coaches. Hopefully we see more efforts like this with some better outcomes

Reaction Score
Agree, but sometimes the losses -- and especially the close ones like this -- just gas a team mentally. It's hard to keep finding positives when a season is turning like this.

Reaction Score
Agree, but sometimes the losses -- and especially the close ones like this -- just gas a team mentally. It's hard to keep finding positives when a season is turning like this.
Every single guy out there had something to call out in film review. Some were egregious.

Reaction Score

After hearing some players leave, I think it’s a matter of addition by subtraction. The guys today played tough, offense moved the ball, and defense got some key stops.

It sucks but feeling better that these players are buying into coaches. Hopefully we see more efforts like this with some better outcomes

They aren’t done leaving.

Reaction Score
I think to start… just play hard… like Hurley had his players do when he got here… that’s how you build a team… out work your opponent… then recruit better players… im not sure the football team can get better players… certainly not at the level as our basketball teams

Reaction Score
I think Mora and Hurley are both players coach…but Hurley will drop the hammer on players if he thinks they are not working hard enough… im not sure Mora is that kind of coach…i hope im wrong

Reaction Score
I think to start… just play hard… like Hurley had his players do when he got here… that’s how you build a team… out work your opponent… then recruit better players… im not sure the football team can get better players… certainly not at the level as our basketball teams
In the past, we had to recruit players of a certain size for certain positions. I think we can agree that isn’t the total answer. I’m ok with smaller, faster, high iq players, and providing schemes that they can execute successfully. Are they out there?

Reaction Score
Some players are giving their all. We have more than one DB that do not want to tackle and there must be not be a good answer as they are put out there every series. There is quite a bit of ankle grabbing and not many shoulder tackles while driving the legs. And the coverage skills are also really hurting us. Again a wideout screen to the house today. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I think Mora and Hurley are both players coach…but Hurley will drop the hammer on players if he thinks they are not working hard enough… im not sure Mora is that kind of coach…i hope im wrong

The hammer might be called for. But Hurley is working with world class talent.

Mora is trying to keep a different level of player bought in.

Reaction Score

I like every UCONN fan am sad and disappointed that UCONN lost yet not to manufacture something positive I believe that the team played with a good attitude. Hope this loss does not destroy their ambition to keep trying after such a loss of almost.

Reaction Score
They did play hard - the effort was commendable. I'm worried about what this loss does to them going forward. Can they buck up and win 3-4 games? Or are we looking at an 0-12 season?

And if it gets really bad - does Mora walk away? If he thinks he can't win here - what's the point? And if that happens - who would even take the job?

I don't think it is that bad, but none of that is outside the realm of possibility at this point.

Reaction Score
They did play hard - the effort was commendable. I'm worried about what this loss does to them going forward. Can they buck up and win 3-4 games? Or are we looking at an 0-12 season?

And if it gets really bad - does Mora walk away? If he thinks he can't win here - what's the point? And if that happens - who would even take the job?

I don't think it is that bad, but none of that is outside the realm of possibility at this point.

Won’t he owe us some money if he walks?

Reaction Score
JM likes to be involved with the defense and I assume he is calling the defensive sets. That is his background. IMO he needs to get a DC for next year so he can be involved with both sides of the ball during the game not just mainly in the defensive huddles. I don't see him in the offensive bench areas during the game. And this must be true for practice as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom