These people hate the huskies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

These people hate the huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I created this site with the sole purpose of changing the ticket system. Wristbands were a debacle, the loottery is clearly flawed. The University could care less as long as they sell their tickets. Camping out is fun and it would assure dedicated fans get the chance to attend games, but the weather killed that forever. The best way I can see to move forward is the loyalty points system that so many Universities around the country have adopted. You will get fans not only at the marquee events, but it will create an incentive to support the rest of our athletic programs. Only good can come from this. My entire intention was to create large enough uproar, so to speak, to get the administration to take note. From the conversations I have had with them in the past, ignorance and a lack of interest have prevented them from changing this system. Hopefully, with a new administration, they will take notice of what is going on and at least address the issue. All I can ask is that you share this site with as many people as you are willing so that it gets the exposure it needs get the attention of those in charge.

Thanks

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
A kid I have a few classes with sold his Gampel tickets to some poor sucker on Facebook for $360 yesterday.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Gotta be pretty stupid to put your full name on a site like that. One thing for sure if I google their name in a hiring decision and I come up with that site, their resume lands in the trashcan.
Really? I do a ton of hiring and can't imagine that being a factor.

Reaction Score
gotta say... I won the lottery in 1999 for my final 4 tickets.... 2 minutes after I walked out of the Rec-center a ticket dealer offered me $2500 for them..... boom bamn done..... sold em... rented a car down with my buddies with all our money and bought crapy tix for $500... ended up making like $1500 all in all and had a free trip and saw the biggest / best game in the history of Uconn basketball.. Pretty much the best week of my entire life hands down.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Why can't they just have a lineup and give out numbered wristbands or tickets or something?

Reaction Score
Why can't they just have a lineup and give out numbered wristbands or tickets or something?

The year before I got to UConn, I think it was the 2006-07 season, they used a color-coded wristband idea. From what I heard it was horrible, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
The year before I got to UConn, I think it was the 2006-07 season, they used a color-coded wristband idea. From what I heard it was horrible, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

Yes they tried it, screwed up the logistics horribly, and fell back on a lottery because they were lazy

Reaction Score
A kid I have a few classes with sold his Gampel tickets to some poor sucker on Facebook for $360 yesterday.
I really hope current students aren't that dumb. $30 game X 8 games is $240 bucks. Buy regular season tickets and just sit in the upper student section where they don't have id's checked. Or even smarter- buy the husky value season tickets for $120 for gampel. Some people are not too smart. Nonetheless- the lottery sucks. Swipe ID's and give a student a 'point' for every athletic game they attend- distribute season ticket priority accordingly. Sucks for the freshman initially but that will get them involved in the less popular sports like soccer, baseball etc and you build those fan bases (ie look at soccer now compared to a few years back) while rewarding loyal students.

Reaction Score

It was pretty easy to take off the wrist band and just go get back in line to get another color. Some people got caught with wrist bands that fell apart, but if you took it off carefully with a needle you could put it back on and the ticket people couldn't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom