These people hate the huskies | The Boneyard

These people hate the huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://antihusky.blogspot.com/

Someone took the time to post the names of the students who won the lottery, and went onto UConn's Buy or Sell tickets page (facebook) and offered to sell the tickets for a profit

Thank God someone is bringing attention to this, because students that really want to go to the games but dont win the lotto have to pay a ridiculous premium to see the Huskies play

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I didn't mind paying like 150-175. But kids charging over 200 is ridiculous

Reaction Score
it was a lot better when the let u camp out, those that really wanted to go would put in the effort

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
For the record, it was Hathaway who instituted the lottery system. I was in the discussions when they went that direction, and we fought hard against it

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The worst is when you see kids that have posts on their walls that say "I messaged you with an offer" so people can't see what they offered and then they come out and say the highest big is $X. In reality most of the time the kids leaving the messages are their friends pretending that they offered something just so the person with the tickets could go on and say they have more offers than they really do.

Most of the time it's the Freshmen that get fleeced really hard and then they take it out on people in future years by doing the same thing.

When the Syracuse game (ESPN Gameday) rolls around, don't be surprised to see tickets selling for over $50 a piece. Face value for Gampel season tickets was $40. A friend of mine said tickets for the Texas game sold for around $70 when they were ranked #1 in the country.

Reaction Score
The worst is when you see kids that have posts on their walls that say "I messaged you with an offer" so people can't see what they offered and then they come out and say the highest big is $X. In reality most of the time the kids leaving the messages are their friends pretending that they offered something just so the person with the tickets could go on and say they have more offers than they really do.

Most of the time it's the Freshmen that get fleeced really hard and then they take it out on people in future years by doing the same thing.

When the Syracuse game (ESPN Gameday) rolls around, don't be surprised to see tickets selling for over $50 a piece. Face value for Gampel season tickets was $40. A friend of mine said tickets for the Texas game sold for around $70 when they were ranked #1 in the country.

that texas ticket was going anywhere from $80-$100 a piece...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Pay it forward. People did it to me. I didn't like it. Instead of being different and not doing it because it was perceived wrong or it bothered someone, the problem is perpetuated. A micro example of the conference breakdown and realignment.

Reaction Score
It is hard to stop this behavior and it will never be stopped completely. But a lottery system is probably the easiest to abuse.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is an easy fix. Electronic tickets tied to your student ID. It is done elsewhere and works fine.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I support this guy 110%. I got lucky my senior year last year. I didn't win the lottery but was able to buy Gampel season tickets from a friend of a friend for $120 when they were selling upwards of $200. I know the system will always be abused by people. At least if you had to camp out for tickets it would separate the hardcore from the douches who want to flip an easy buck.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is an easy fix. Electronic tickets tied to your student ID. It is done elsewhere and works fine.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Exactly.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
For the record, it was Hathaway who instituted the lottery system. I was in the discussions when they went that direction, and we fought hard against it
We had a lottery system when i was there in 1991. Long before Hathaway was the AD

Reaction Score
definitely should go back to the camp out....but nothing was worse than the wristband system for the 06-07 season.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
We had a lottery system when i was there in 1991. Long before Hathaway was the AD

Didn't know that, I guess they brought it back then. My freshman year in 04 was the infamous rain-soaked campout with hundreds of people cutting in line that caused them to change the policy again.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I love UConn with everything I have but there are ALOT of douchers at this school

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say they all hate uconn. I have a friend who's studying abroad next semester who won tickets and they're selling them to me for a good price.

Reaction Score
I had to buy all four sets of season tickets from people last year, luckily I had a friend who won the lottery and doesn't go to the games sell me men's gampel for barely more than face value and I got the rest of the tickets for face value too. However, when it came time to buy student tickets for the Big East Tournament I had to wait until all the kids who won the lottery bought theirs first, then everyone else could buy. This blew me away, what the hell is the point of that. The incompetence of our athletic department continues to amaze me. Luckily they had enough tickets (barely) but mine were in the back of the section. Oh, and they don't mention this on the info sheet you get when you pick up your postseason lottery ticket, so I waited in line, was told I couldn't buy, had to wait until all the schmucks behind me bought theirs and then got the scraps.

Reaction Score
Gotta be pretty stupid to put your full name on a site like that. One thing for sure if I google their name in a hiring decision and I come up with that site, their resume lands in the trashcan.

Reaction Score
Gotta be pretty stupid to put your full name on a site like that. One thing for sure if I google their name in a hiring decision and I come up with that site, their resume lands in the trashcan.

The guy is getting the names from facebook. They aren't voluntarily posting their full names on that page.

Reaction Score
Gotcha, I guess I didn't spend enough time with that stupid site to figure that out. Guessing they "liked" his page so he got them that way.

Reaction Score
I think this blog is an interesting concept, I just don't know how it's going to solve anything. It's taking people scalping tickets on a public forum and publicizing it on another public forum. Anyone scanning Facebook for the past few years could see the same information.

However, as a student who is now 0-3 in the lottery, I have to salute these anonymous students for at least trying something. It's really a ridiculous system and maybe this whole "hates the Huskies" thing can at least have some kind of moral effect on my peers. I doubt it, though--simply too many people on there so the embarrassment factor is less for the people that see their own name up.

Reaction Score
They started the camp out before the 99 season, my 2nd year on campus. Cutting in line was always an issue, especially when one or two people would camp out but then at 7 the next morning 20 friends would join them. A lot of real fans got screwed by this in the years I was there. Each year it got worse. We showed up at 930 the night before for the 01-02 camp out and were near the front. I got the final set of Gampel tickets the next morning because so many people showed up.

I don't know that there is a perfect solution to this.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
They started the camp out before the 99 season, my 2nd year on campus. Cutting in line was always an issue, especially when one or two people would camp out but then at 7 the next morning 20 friends would join them. A lot of real fans got screwed by this in the years I was there. Each year it got worse. We showed up at 930 the night before for the 01-02 camp out and were near the front. I got the final set of Gampel tickets the next morning because so many people showed up.

I don't know that there is a perfect solution to this.

The proposals we had when they were revamping the system during the 05 and 06 seasons were:

1. Campout with wristbands, as we had done during various game campouts. Something like 7 or 10 wristbands per tent, and you had to be there to get your wristband. Keeps people from cutting, is orderly, and allows the fun experience of camping on the street.

2. Instituting a points system (like other schools, MD and FSU) have. Your priority position for tickets was directly linked to your attendance at not only men's bball games, but other events like football, soccer, or baseball. Your points would be tracked by having your student ID swiped as you come into the stadium, which we had to do anyway.

Hathaway was having none of it, and pushed the lottery from the beginning.

Reaction Score
I had to buy all four sets of season tickets from people last year, luckily I had a friend who won the lottery and doesn't go to the games sell me men's gampel for barely more than face value and I got the rest of the tickets for face value too. However, when it came time to buy student tickets for the Big East Tournament I had to wait until all the kids who won the lottery bought theirs first, then everyone else could buy. This freaking blew me away, what the hell is the point of that. The incompetence of our athletic department continues to amaze me. Luckily they had enough tickets (barely) but mine were in the back of the section. Oh, and they don't mention this on the info sheet you get when you pick up your postseason lottery ticket, so I waited in line, was told I couldn't buy, had to wait until all the schmucks behind me bought theirs and then got the scraps.

OMG IT'S SPOOP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul