There is a WTF win out there, is it Cinny? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

There is a WTF win out there, is it Cinny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, we don't.
  • We have a better program than they do - how many BCS bowls has Villanova made, how many years have they played power conference football? Oh wait, are they even an FBS program? No, we're better.
  • Coaching staff - if Villanova's coaches were better, they wouldn't be coaching in the Patriot League.
  • Fan base - Villanova's stadium's max capacity is less than half of what we've averaged per game this year.
  • University - don't throw stones in a glass house...

Your friends are as misinformed as you are. I'm sure you did well in school and are successful in the world as a result. But the word "stupid" has to come into play if "shocked" describes an FBS school defeating an FCS school.

This fan base is very aware of our standing in the college football world. We know where we're at, and you don't. We know our program has had 2 awful years in a row. But we are 5 or 6 years away from beating teams like Baylor and Notre Dame on the road and beating teams like South Carolina in bowl games. Do programs worse than Villanova do that? Cincinnati has had a better than history than us. But you are beyond negligent in your knowledge of UConn football.

You think UConn is a DII or DIII level football team. Whether you are just that ignorant, or harbor some kind of intense, overpowering hatred for all UConn athletics is anyone's guess. Either way, at the end of Saturday's game, you'll be either 4-3 or 3-4. So enjoy that.

You made some very solid points. Over the last decade of results looking at the entire picture there is absolutely no doubt UConn has had more success than FCS Villanova. UConn won a power conference in 2010 and had a very nice string of good wins over good programs in the last decade. I guess my friends and I were just kind of looking at the current landscape of the situation and were projecting a bit. Villanova went 11-3 in 2014 and finished #5 in the FCS coaches poll. UConn is 8-23 in their last 31 games and at the beginning of the season I didn't even think they would be as good as they've been so far. Villanova has always kind of been rumored to eventually switch to the FBS level and I always thought they would be a good candidate once UConn shuts down the football program. UConn could always stay in the AAC as a basketball only school but I feel like they might try and join the new Big East. Villanova would be a great candidate to replace UConn for both FB and BB in my opinion.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You made some very solid points. Over the last decade of results looking at the entire picture there is absolutely no doubt UConn has had more success than FCS Villanova. UConn won a power conference in 2010 and had a very nice string of good wins over good programs in the last decade. I guess my friends and I were just kind of looking at the current landscape of the situation and were projecting a bit. Villanova went 11-3 in 2014 and finished #5 in the FCS coaches poll. UConn is 8-23 in their last 31 games and at the beginning of the season I didn't even think they would be as good as they've been so far. Villanova has always kind of been rumored to eventually switch to the FBS level and I always thought they would be a good candidate once UConn shuts down the football program. UConn could always stay in the AAC as a basketball only school but I feel like they might try and join the new Big East. Villanova would be a great candidate to replace UConn for both FB and BB in my opinion.

You continue to show how uneducated you are. UConn football is nowhere near shutting itself down. You are so out of touch, if you're going to troll us at least know what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, as we get closer to gameday, Fishy gives him the hook. His act has worn very thin. Don't need to see him trolling every thread.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, as we get closer to gameday, Fishy gives him the hook. His act has worn very thin. Don't need to see him trolling every thread.

I haven't used any cursing. I haven't made any personal attacks. I'm just a Cincinnati Bearcats fan that enjoys talking football with opposing fanbases. I like this board because it has a ton of flow and active posters that for the most part are extremely intelligent. I plan on coming back every year before our football and basketball games. I'd prefer not to get the boot.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'd prefer not to get the boot.
Given that as a preferrence, I would suggest that with things like "70 points spreads", "biggest upset in history", and "shutting down your program..." you're not really meeting the BY threshold for intelligent discussion. How about you tell us why your loss to BYU was more impressive than ours...

Reaction Score
Given that as a preferrence, I would suggest that with things like "70 points spreads", "biggest upset in history", and "shutting down your program..." you're not really meeting the BY threshold for intelligent discussion. How about you tell us why your loss to BYU was more impressive than ours...

Cincinnati lead BYU 17-3 in the first half and had a 7 point lead in the third quarter. UConn stayed close for three quarters but never possessed a two possession lead. Therefore I think Cincinnati's loss is more impressive.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Cincinnati lead BYU 17-3 in the first half and had a 7 point lead in the third quarter. UConn stayed close for three quarters but never possessed a two possession lead. Therefore I think Cincinnati's loss is more impressive.
But did you kick a ball out of the back of the end zone down 7 in the 4th quarter that essentially ended the game?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
See, that's not so hard. I agree you showed a little more on offense but we knew that; still, the two games played out similarly. That's probably the main basis for the 2 score spread with Cincy at home. We have not been a defense that brings a lot of pressure, but will try to force you to stay underneath and execute & finish long drives; if nothing else that keeps the score down. Our offense has shown pretty steady week-week improvement but has a big hurdle yet to overcome with finishing in the red zone. We're underdogs, we know it... they still have to play the game.

Reaction Score
See, that's not so hard. I agree you showed a little more on offense but we knew that; still, the two games played out similarly. That's probably the main basis for the 2 score spread with Cincy at home. We have not been a defense that brings a lot of pressure, but will try to force you to stay underneath and execute & finish long drives; if nothing else that keeps the score down. Our offense has shown pretty steady week-week improvement but has a big hurdle yet to overcome with finishing in the red zone. We're underdogs, we know it... they still have to play the game.

We'll see what happens. Our offense has struggled in the redzone this year. We're either hitting a 30-50 yard TD pass or driving down and stalling in the redzone. I will say this, if UConn can not pressure the QB it could be a long day for the Huskies because we do have some front line college receivers that will beat good corners.

Reaction Score
Yes, agreed. Cinny is a very impressive loser.

Reaction Score
No, we don't.
  • We have a better program than they do - how many BCS bowls has Villanova made, how many years have they played power conference football? Oh wait, are they even an FBS program? No, we're better.
  • Coaching staff - if Villanova's coaches were better, they wouldn't be coaching in the Patriot League.
  • Fan base - Villanova's stadium's max capacity is less than half of what we've averaged per game this year.
  • University - don't throw stones in a glass house...

Your friends are as misinformed as you are. I'm sure you did well in school and are successful in the world as a result. But the word "stupid" has to come into play if "shocked" describes an FBS school defeating an FCS school.

This fan base is very aware of our standing in the college football world. We know where we're at, and you don't. We know our program has had 2 awful years in a row. But we are 5 or 6 years away from beating teams like Baylor and Notre Dame on the road and beating teams like South Carolina in bowl games. Do programs worse than Villanova do that? Cincinnati has had a better than history than us. But you are beyond negligent in your knowledge of UConn football.

You think UConn is a DII or DIII level football team. Whether you are just that ignorant, or harbor some kind of intense, overpowering hatred for all UConn athletics is anyone's guess. Either way, at the end of Saturday's game, you'll be either 4-3 or 3-4. So enjoy that.

Love the comeback to a totally stupid post. Right on!

Reaction Score

This dude is clearly either 14 years old or a serious troll who is purposely trying to get a huge rouse out of all of us. There is absolutely no way he believes the shi he is saying. We were in a BCS bowl game 5 years ago. Yes we all understand we have really sucked it up of late, but to suggest our program be axed is out of control

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Wait a minute...I'm starting to think that you're a little bit misguided with your upset comments. While our upset of Villanova was monumental to say the least, I don't think a win at Cincinnati would come close in comparison. I ran the tape and, as you would agree, I think beating Villanova was MUCH bigger than beating Cincinnati.

Nova in 2014: 11-3
Cincinnati in 2014: 9-4
Edge: slight Villanova

Villanova 2014 ranking: #5 in FCS
Cincinnati 2014 ranking: UNR
Edge: big Villanova

Villanova attendance in 2014: 5,360 ~ 42.8% capacity (12,500 stadium)
Cincinnati average attendance in 2014: 28,840 ~ 44% capacity (65,535 stadium)
Edge: slight Cincinnati

Villanova 2015 Draft Picks: 0
Cincinnati 2015 Draft Picks: 0
Edge: Push

Villanova mascot: Wildcat = a cat who is wild...therefore, unpredictable
Cincinnati mascot: Bearcat = a cat who hibernates in the winter (would that help explain Cincinnati constantly getting crushed in bowl games??)
Edge: slight Villanova

Philadelphia's greatest sports accomplishments in past decade: Phillies World Series, Eagles Super Bowl loss, Flyers Stanley Cup Finals loss, Villanova losing to UConn in 2nd rd of 2014 NCAAs
Cincinnati's greatest sports accomplishments in past decade: Todd Frazier home run derby title, Andy Dalton's 0-4 Playoff record, Pete Rose sighting at All Star Game, Icky Woods' Geico commercials
Edge: slight Cincinnati ("gonna get me some cold cuts today" still cracks me up)

After dissecting the tape, I'm not so sure Cincinnati would beat Villanova. As you can see, the Bearcats fall well short in several important factors. I'm not saying that Cincinnati couldn't beat Villanova...I guess anything is possible. I'm just saying that if Vegas were to open a line for a Nova/Cinci game, I think we can all agree that Nova would be favored by 3 TDs.

But in the end, it's just a game. Win or lose, at least the hundreds of Bearcat fans who showed up last season to cheer on good ol' UC will still get to enjoy your inflatable on-field doll. I mean, that thing is so rootin' tootin' CUTE!

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with anything you said there except Cincinnati would not in any way, shape or form be a three TD underdog to Nova. Villanova is a great program and that brings me back to my original point, it was a huge win for UConn and a game that Diaco can talk to future recruits about. I don't even really know what we're arguing about, clearly you agree with me in saying Villanova is a really good program with your last post but then you act like it wasn't that big of a deal UConn upset them. I don't get it. FWIW, I wish the AAC added Nova over Tulane or Tulsa for competitive reasons but I understand two Philly teams makes no sense.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with anything you said there except Cincinnati would not in any way, shape or form be a three TD underdog to Nova. Villanova is a great program and that brings me back to my original point, it was a huge win for UConn and a game that Diaco can talk to future recruits about. I don't even really know what we're arguing about, clearly you agree with me in saying Villanova is a really good program with your last post but then you act like it wasn't that big of a deal UConn upset them. I don't get it. FWIW, I wish the AAC added Nova over Tulane or Tulsa for competitive reasons but I understand two Philly teams makes no sense.
The sarcasm went right over your head, huh?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I don't really care if we beat UConn or not, the only thing I want to see is a replay of Diaco madly fist pumping last year after we missed a FG...UConn was down by 30+ at the time.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't really care if we beat UConn or not, the only thing I want to see is a replay of Diaco madly fist pumping last year after we missed a FG...UConn was down by 30+ at the time.

Yeah...because that's what's important.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I think I can speak for all of us: it's not about winning or losing as long as you have an absolutely adorable stuffed animal inflated inside your stadium. How precious!

Reaction Score
I haven't used any cursing. I haven't made any personal attacks. I'm just a Cincinnati Bearcats fan that enjoys talking football with opposing fanbases. I like this board because it has a ton of flow and active posters that for the most part are extremely intelligent. I plan on coming back every year before our football and basketball games. I'd prefer not to get the boot.

Do your parents know you are playing on the computer when you should be in bed? You posted at 11:03 pm, you should not be online...(Either you are a 12 to 14 year old kid or a troll, but you hate UConn football!!)

Reaction Score

Excuse me, Kobe, but last year was the first year of a new head coach, who never coached before. He came to UConn, just before signing day. We lost lots of games, being blown out last year... this year, we been in the games...we should've beat Missouri and USF, too...

Reaction Score
UConn was not in any way, shape or form a three TD underdog to Nova...so the fundamental point that you are basing your entire argument around is completely incorrect.

Reaction Score
The win over UCF last year also cost them a New Year's Six bowl birth.

So that was doubly sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits