There is a WTF win out there, is it Cinny? | The Boneyard

There is a WTF win out there, is it Cinny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn football is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

But this is a talented team that is capable of surprising anyone left on our schedule. Cinny is a two score favorite. But Dr. Jekyll may show up in blue next week end. And no expectations for the Huskies may prove to be a powerful motivator.

We're going to surprise someone. Why not Cinny?

Reaction Score
And we have been close. Missouri, even BYU was close until right at the end. We have to nail somebody.

Reaction Score
My WTF win money is still on ECU at the Rent. There's no way we beat Cincy without scoring 35/40 points and even though this offense is coming along we're still a year away from winning shootout games.

On the bright side... we should win the fashion contest hands down on Saturday:

CRxZhniWoAALtN-.jpg:large

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They should be easy to see. I do expect a wtf win this season, like UCF last season. I'd count Cincy as double power points if they pulled it off on the road in a stadium where we've had little success against a team that always seems to be able to move the ball.

It would be a bigger up than USF was a down.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt consider this a WTF win really. At most a WTH win. This isn't Cincy's best year. Sure they're better than we are right now but they're probably the 6th best team in the AAC not exactly world beaters.

Reaction Score
Nike & Under Armour have been spilling out some freaky unis. That one's right up there.

I also think we have a WTF win in us. Cincy's had our number, especially at Nippert, but they've had better teams and we've had worse. If the D can keep the game manageable we have a shot.

Reaction Score
Well Cincy is apparently having a quarterback controversy and sometimes that sets a team off kilter so you never know.

Reaction Score
UConn is usually good for one WTF a year but I feel like that win has already occurred when UConn upset Villanova. I don't think the Huskies will have two in them this season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UConn is usually good for one WTF a year but I feel like that win has already occurred when UConn upset Villanova. I don't think the Huskies will have two in them this season.

No, the WTF win is against a conference powerhouse. UCF tied for first place in this conference last year, when we beat them. Villanova is a crummy FCS team who UConn would beat 9 times out of 10. You can't compare the two. Listen, I've come to respect that you're passionate about your own program, and everybody enjoys talking trash. But you are just so, so, so uninformed it's almost comical.

Reaction Score
No, the WTF win is against a conference powerhouse. UCF tied for first place in this conference last year, when we beat them. Villanova is a crummy FCS team who UConn would beat 9 times out of 10. You can't compare the two. Listen, I've come to respect that you're passionate about your own program, and everybody enjoys talking trash. But you are just so, so, so uninformed it's almost comical.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective, to me UConn upsetting Villanova was a HUGE upset because I think we'd both agree Villanova has the better football program, coaching staff, fan base and university so when UConn stunned the Wildcats I was beyond shocked. I remember it was a Thursday night game and a few of my buddies and myself were having a fantasy draft and my one friends screamed UConn beat Villanova and all of our jaws just dropped. It was crazy. But I can also understand that when it's your own program you might not see it like everyone else.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
the difference between a 12 year olds' trash talk and a 14 year olds' is that the 14 year old has mostly figured out that exaggeratedly talking down the opponent puts his own team in a lose-lose situation. Nice of cincinnati though to send their best and brightest over here to represent for a week.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I guess it's all a matter of perspective, to me UConn upsetting Villanova was a HUGE upset because I think we'd both agree Villanova has the better football program, coaching staff, fan base and university so when UConn stunned the Wildcats I was beyond shocked. I remember it was a Thursday night game and a few of my buddies and myself were having a fantasy draft and my one friends screamed UConn beat Villanova and all of our jaws just dropped. It was crazy. But I can also understand that when it's your own program you might not see it like everyone else.

No, we don't.
  • We have a better program than they do - how many BCS bowls has Villanova made, how many years have they played power conference football? Oh wait, are they even an FBS program? No, we're better.
  • Coaching staff - if Villanova's coaches were better, they wouldn't be coaching in the Patriot League.
  • Fan base - Villanova's stadium's max capacity is less than half of what we've averaged per game this year.
  • University - don't throw stones in a glass house...

Your friends are as misinformed as you are. I'm sure you did well in school and are successful in the world as a result. But the word "stupid" has to come into play if "shocked" describes an FBS school defeating an FCS school.

This fan base is very aware of our standing in the college football world. We know where we're at, and you don't. We know our program has had 2 awful years in a row. But we are 5 or 6 years away from beating teams like Baylor and Notre Dame on the road and beating teams like South Carolina in bowl games. Do programs worse than Villanova do that? Cincinnati has had a better than history than us. But you are beyond negligent in your knowledge of UConn football.

You think UConn is a DII or DIII level football team. Whether you are just that ignorant, or harbor some kind of intense, overpowering hatred for all UConn athletics is anyone's guess. Either way, at the end of Saturday's game, you'll be either 4-3 or 3-4. So enjoy that.

Reaction Score
No, we don't.
  • We have a better program than they do - how many BCS bowls has Villanova made, how many years have they played power conference football? Oh wait, are they even an FBS program? No, we're better.
  • Coaching staff - if Villanova's coaches were better, they wouldn't be coaching in the Patriot League.
  • Fan base - Villanova's stadium's max capacity is less than half of what we've averaged per game this year.

Your friends are as misinformed as you are. I'm sure you did well in school and are successful in the world as a result. But the word "stupid" has to come into play if "shocked" describes an FBS school defeating an FCS school.

This fan base is very aware of our standing in the college football world. We know where we're at, and you don't. We know our program has had 2 awful years in a row. But we are 5 or 6 years away from beating teams like Baylor and Notre Dame on the road and beating teams like South Carolina in bowl games. Do programs worse than Villanova do that? Cincinnati has had a better than history than us. But you are beyond negligent in your knowledge of UConn football.

You think UConn is a DII or DIII level football team. Whether you are just that ignorant, or harbor some kind of intense, overpowering hatred for all UConn athletics is anyone's guess. Either way, at the end of Saturday's game, you'll be either 4-3 or 3-4. So enjoy that.

Dude. You're actually trying to reason with this guy. Why?

Reaction Score
No, we don't.

My guess by his ''AAC'' handle and seeming attachement to Philly teams is we have a young Temple fan here overexcited by this years unusual FB success....just a guess.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Dude. You're actually trying to reason with this guy. Why?

I have a paper due tomorrow that I really don't want to start. Plus I'm kind of curious to see how he'll respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom