There are "baseball players" still.......... | The Boneyard

There are "baseball players" still..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not everyone can be the great Zobrist!

He's definitely one of them......but you see more IF's going to the OF but the OFers who are just that rarely can come in and play a position.........maybe because so many are lefties but even the righties are stiffs!

Reaction Score
The best move that I can remember was in 1968 when the Detroit Tigers moved center fielder Mickey Stanley to shortstop to allow Al Kaline to play the outfield. Ray Oyler, the regular shortstop who hit .135 was benched. Stanley did a good job defensively, Kaline hit .379 in the World Series and the Tigers beat the Cardinals four games to three.

Reaction Score
The best move that I can remember was in 1968 when the Detroit Tigers moved center fielder Mickey Stanley to shortstop to allow Al Kaline to play the outfield. Ray Oyler, the regular shortstop who hit .135 was benched. Stanley did a good job defensively, Kaline hit .379 in the World Series and the Tigers beat the Cardinals four games to three.

Always liked Mickey Stanley....it was baseball back then......I believe he came up as a SS and ended up in the outfield ut I could be wrong......

Mickey Lolich, Gates Brown, Willie Horton...........that was fun!

Reaction Score
Always liked Mickey Stanley....it was baseball back then......I believe he came up as a SS and ended up in the outfield ut I could be wrong......

Mickey Lolich, Gates Brown, Willie Horton...........that was fun!
Actually Mickey came up as an outfielder. He never played short in the minors. The 1968 World Series was a genuine experiment which worked. He played a total of about 75 games at short in his career most of which were in the year following the World Series.

Oh and don't forget Denny McLain who went 31-6 in 1968.

Reaction Score
Not everyone can be the great Zobrist!

He is one of top players in the entire league if you include versatility in the review. Real good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom