There are 7 games left, maybe we can go over .500 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

There are 7 games left, maybe we can go over .500

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As ridiculous and improbable as that sounds, and it sounds incredibly ridiculous and improbable, like flying purple elephant with butterfly wings ridiculous and improbable, this team (defense) gets better in only one of two ways. Either the light goes on and there is a dramatic leap in performance or we wait for Randy to recruit and coach his guys and hope the offense is still there in 2-3 years.

The light could go on tomorrow and if it does beating 5 of 7 crappy AAC teams plus BC is possible. OP is hoping it does.

The rest of us are hoping one of two happens because the only other option is that it doesn't get better at all.

Reaction Score
As ridiculous and improbable as that sounds, and it sounds incredibly ridiculous and improbable, like flying purple elephant with butterfly wings ridiculous and improbable, this team (defense) gets better in only one of two ways. Either the light goes on and there is a dramatic leap in performance or we wait for Randy to recruit and coach his guys and hope the offense is still there in 2-3 years.

The light could go on tomorrow and if it does beating 5 of 7 crappy AAC teams plus BC is possible. OP is hoping it does.

The rest of us are hoping one of two happens because the only other option is that it doesn't get better at all.

Agreed. I'm not sure Randy is capable of having any group of kids play D so poorly for an entire season, they have to improve...right? . I'm hoping for a win at Temple and a decent homecoming crowd for Tulsa to see another win against a beatable team. If that can happen, I can really get into believing the rest of the way. Winning at Temple is a tall order.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
HCRE is pulling a rope-a-dope strategy to misinform our late-season opponents. The tide turns this week. Here are the results (BTW, I won the Weekly Pick-Em in 2015, so you can bank on this):

UCONN 31, Temple 28 - The D stiffens after being embarrassed. Look for Newsome to ring up 2 TDs.

UCONN 49, Tulsa 31 - Tulsa has a weak D and our guys are learning how to win.

UCONN 28, Missouri 24 - UCONN always plays marquis teams tough at home. The fans will pack the Rent. Missouri is not having a good season.

UCONN 24, USF 21 - This one will be another chapter in the great UCONN v USF saga at the Rent.

UCONN 37, USF 34 (OT) - The Civil ConFLiCT is always worth the price of admission.

UCONN 14, BC 13 - Our strengths and weaknesses are complementary. An emotional slug fest at Fenway.

UCONN 31, Cincinnati 24 - Why not?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the USF doubleheader you through in there. The second one s/b UCF, right? BTW, Speaketh not the "C" word. That abomination died with Red Pants.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Problem will be that UConn will be recruiting against FCS schools and not P5 caliber kids. Need a significant uptick on the talent level of recruits. These guys simply don't have the talent.
That's why we take the P5 transfer route, Grad Transfer route, and JUCO route... Get kids with these credentials that, first, qualify, and, second, has the ability to perform at the level we need right now...

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I like the USF doubleheader you through in there. The second one s/b UCF, right? BTW, Speaketh not the "C" word. That abomination died with Red Pants.
USF, UCF, whatever. They're fixing to get a beat down from the boys in National Flag Blue and White (and red trim).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom