There are 7 games left, maybe we can go over .500 | The Boneyard

There are 7 games left, maybe we can go over .500

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I still see progress in gameplan, scheme, management of the game, etc but there is a tremendous dearth of size, strength, and talent at UConn right now.

We need to thank AD Dave forever and ever for taking one look and knowing we needed upgrades all over.

We just need to recruit as much defense as possible.

Reaction Score
inconceivable.jpg

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Oh you guys

Temple isn't very good, nor is Tulsa. In fact, our next 3 opponents are a combined 4-11

Ok, I look after that and I only see BC as a possibility based on emotion.

Probably 3 wins realistically is best case

Reaction Score
The only people who have any emotions about that game are us and HCRE.

These kids had probably never even heard of UConn football back when BC was actually a rival.

Tulsa is as much of a rival as BC at this point, maybe even more so.

Reaction Score
Oh you guys

Temple isn't very good, nor is Tulsa. In fact, our next 3 opponents are a combined 4-11

If Randy can motivate the team and Crocker either leaves or changes his defense, I think five game could be won the rest of this season. Tonight is not the night to discuss which ones.

Reaction Score
The only people who have any emotions about that game are us and HCRE.

These kids had probably never even heard of UConn football back when BC was actually a rival.

Tulsa is as much of a rival as BC at this point, maybe even more so.
None were probably even born.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Sorry, but Crocker either agrees his master planned D ain't working, or he hits the road. Enough is enough with this snowshow. No more excuses about players, talent, size, strength, whatever. It's on him.

Reaction Score
Heroin. There aren't any damn players here, period. Three good recruiting classes at least are needed to fix this mess.

Problem will be that UConn will be recruiting against FCS schools and not P5 caliber kids. Need a significant uptick on the talent level of recruits. These guys simply don't have the talent.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh you guys

You started off with the possibility of a .500 season and then let everyone talk you down to three wins??

Take it from a serial over-estimator; you've gotta be tough enough to block out past reality to allow in future possibility. ;)

Seriously, though. If our defense somehow finds a way to keep the future opponents to 28 points per game, we're bowling...

Reaction Score
Problem will be that UConn will be recruiting against FCS schools and not P5 caliber kids. Need a significant uptick on the talent level of recruits. These guys simply don't have the talent.

I've been saying all along they need some 4-star recruits to help us get out of this mess. Unless they recruit better players I see years of misery.

Reaction Score
the chances of going 500, the rest of the season, are about as good as Amazon coming to CT., to build it's new Center. In other words...................NOT HAPPENING.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
You started off with the possibility of a .500 season and then let everyone talk you down to three wins??

Take it from a serial over-estimator; you've gotta be tough enough to block out past reality to allow in future possibility. ;)

Seriously, though. If our defense somehow finds a way to keep the future opponents to 28 points per game, we're bowling...

No, I meant .500 over the last 7 games (4-3)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom