Then the flood came upon the earth... | The Boneyard

Then the flood came upon the earth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I doubt that the Cox family will be making it down to Waco this weekend. Interstate 35, which leads from Dallas to Waco, is flooded in many spots and is only expected to get worse.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I truly doubt that Cox needs the official visit to make her decision about Baylor. She has been to games before, I believe the homecoming game. If she reschedules I will take it as a very good sign. However, this could be her opportunity to say that she has decided on another university and that there is no need to reschedule.

Reaction Score
I doubt that the Cox family will be making it down to Waco this weekend. Interstate 35, which leads from Dallas to Waco, is flooded in many spots and is only expected to get worse.
And possibly much more water on the way from Patricia. Good luck down there.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Boy - drought to wildfires to floods in the space of 12 months - maybe the almighty is just sending a general message to Texans?!:cool: Are the locusts next? (Can never remember the biblical sequences!) :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Boy - drought to wildfires to floods in the space of 12 months - maybe the almighty is just sending a general message to Texans?!:cool: Are the locusts next? (Can never remember the biblical sequences!) :)

I think the frogs come next, followed by the huskies. Then Geno flies in and parts the waters so Lauren and her family can get to the airport and fly to the SNY studios to announce her commitment to UConn, simulcast and streamed by ESPN. Yes, the pursuing hordes are drowned as the waters return just as the private jet takes off!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I think the frogs come next, followed by the huskies. Then Geno flies in and parts the waters so Lauren and her family can get to the airport and fly to the SNY studios to announce her commitment to UConn, simulcast and streamed by ESPN. Yes, the pursuing hordes are drowned as the waters return just as the private jet takes off!

You do know that parting waters is a recruiting violation.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You do know that parting waters is a recruiting violation.

VG Biff, VG!! Thankfully the meals on the plane are no longer a problem.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I can see it now! Some guy with a long beard, clad in sandals and a long robe, spreads his arms majestically and the flood waters on I-35 magically part. A bystander asks Lauren's parents, "Who does that guy think he is - Moses?" :rolleyes:

The Coxes calmly reply, "No, he thinks he's Geno Auriemma." :D

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I truly doubt that Cox needs the official visit to make her decision about Baylor. She has been to games before, I believe the homecoming game. If she reschedules I will take it as a very good sign. However, this could be her opportunity to say that she has decided on another university and that there is no need to reschedule.

Judging by her father's twitter, looks like they were able to make the trip.

Reaction Score

It was only a matter of time before the recruitment of Lauren Cox assumed biblical proportions. The Advent is upon us.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
God sending a message? "Baylor is not for you!"

Well, it does seem that Baylor has some fondness for the Old Testament classics, so Biblical flooding kinda fits in.

Reaction Score
Stay safe you guys in Texas. Just back from Texas and Ca. Flash floods can be rough.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm just glad she won't have to reschedule and draw this out any further. The suspense is (figuratively) killing me.
nah... relax my friend

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Not just for Texas. Several counties in Minnesota a few years ago had federal disaster declarations for drought and flooding in the same year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not just for Texas. Several counties in Minnesota a few years ago had federal disaster declarations for drought and flooding in the same year.
Ah but what about the fire and brimstone - did they have that as well?:)
California certainly falls into the category of all three as does most of the southwest, but California also gets the added bonus of 'moving the mountains to Mahomet' as it were - beautiful country and weather, but a 'natural disaster waiting to happen' 12 months a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom