The Yankees are dead. | The Boneyard

The Yankees are dead.

Reaction Score
Been a crap team since the All star break but the most depressing thing about them is it looks like they dont even care, they are like robots. No way is this team beating Oakland especially on the road.

The most depressing part of the team is actually the lineup too reliant on the hr they dont work the count swing out of their shoes with men on base, absolutely awful with RISP, yes I know Judge has been out of the lineup Didi and Sanchez for a time and Shane Robinson was in the lineup :eek:. Cant even beat crap teams like the White Sox, Tigers, Twins. Dare I say Boone has some Diaco in him. Gone from being frustrated with this team to not caring anymore because this team doesn't even seem to be bothered by losing so why should I.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And now I guess we can stop worrying about the Sox fast start, huh ? LOL!!!

Not sure I see the Yankees pitching as "flawed", either. Severino is lights out, Tanaka has shown all you need to show, CC is discovering Pettitte's magic, Sonny Gray is coming around, and now, German looks like he'll do just fine as Monty's stand-in, assuming Montgomery's injury isn't serious, and he retakes that job, at all.

And Neil Walker is coming around as well.

Womp womp.

Reaction Score
Been a crap team since the All star break but the most depressing thing about them is it looks like they dont even care, they are like robots. No way is this team beating Oakland especially on the road.

The most depressing part of the team is actually the lineup too reliant on the hr they dont work the count swing out of their shoes with men on base, absolutely awful with RISP, yes I know Judge has been out of the lineup Didi and Sanchez for a time and Shane Robinson was in the lineup :eek:. Cant even beat crap teams like the White Sox, Tigers, Twins. Dare I say Boone has some Diaco in him. Gone from being frustrated with this team to not caring anymore because this team doesn't even seem to be bothered by losing so why should I.
I totally agree. There’s no “chemistry” with this team. No one is there to pick each other up. As far as Boone he adds little if anything from a win and lose standpoint . Bring back the Billy Martin type manager who ( with all his many faults) made a difference!!

Reaction Score
Neil Walker's next hit in a playoff series will be his first. Steinbrenner would never have acquired a guy with a post-season track record worse than Winfield's.

Walker was a 1 year deal it’s not an individual problem with this team it’s been a team issue, Walker hasn’t been in the lineup the last couple games and the offensive slumps have continued so it’s not any one guy, as a team they have the wrong offensive approach.

Reaction Score
Trust me their dead, Sox fans have nothing to worry about.
All it takes is a couple of post season wins to turn things around. Get some decent pitching and a couple of hitters get hot and anything can happen in the post season. I don't think that it will but it could happen.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Some of the same question marks that existed at the beginning of the season still remain.

Pitching - outside of Tanaka and Severino, and now Happ, who starts? Sabathia, Lynne & Grey not cutting it.
Batting - no legit lead-off man. Light hitting Bird in now on the bench thanks to the aquisition of Voit. Torres and Andujar are for real. Sanchez a disappointment - before he was hurt. Judge on the DL with the wrist was a bigger blow than most think. With all the power, still inconsistant run production.
Bullpen - not the strong point everyone thought. Chpamn injured. Betances is still inconsistant.
Manager - Boone gets a C+. IMO, he relies too much on stats and doesn't believe what he sees. Has not done well in managing the bullpen.

Yanks will make the playoffs as the #2 wildcard. I don't expect much.

Lifelong Yankee fan here and my wife is a Red Sox fan.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

As I'm not a fan of the team, I don't follow them too closely, but I'll tell you who'd piss me off the most: Greg Bird.

The dude will absolutely suck in a game, whiff with the bases loaded, boot a couple of balls, whatever. And his post game interview is all sunshine and rainbows 'No worries!'. I couldn't take it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
As I'm not a fan of the team, I don't follow them too closely, but I'll tell you who'd piss me off the most: Greg Bird.

The dude will absolutely suck in a game, whiff with the bases loaded, boot a couple of balls, whatever. And his post game interview is all sunshine and rainbows 'No worries!'. I couldn't take it.

On background, I'm a Sox fan who actually follows the Yankees fairly intensely -- my entire immediate family is comprised of Yankees fans, and I like talking baseball with them.

That said, I never understood the ridiculous amount of hype Bird got compared to his actual output. Aside from a decent 50-game stretch his first year, his batting has been atrocious save for some small power outbursts, and he hasn't been healthy anywhere near enough for the benefits of that to be reaped. I'll grant that he's very good defensively in the aggregate, but again, his brittleness has kept him from getting the innings he'd need in order to actually provide any value to the team.

The Yanks would be very smart to bite the bullet and look for an alternative long-term solution.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
On background, I'm a Sox fan who actually follows the Yankees fairly intensely -- my entire immediate family is comprised of Yankees fans, and I like talking baseball with them.

That said, I never understood the ridiculous amount of hype Bird got compared to his actual output. Aside from a decent 50-game stretch his first year, his batting has been atrocious save for some small power outbursts, and he hasn't been healthy anywhere near enough for the benefits of that to be reaped. I'll grant that he's very good defensively in the aggregate, but again, his brittleness has kept him from getting the innings he'd need in order to actually provide any value to the team.

The Yanks would be very smart to bite the bullet and look for an alternative long-term solution.

His babips the last 2 years have been impossibly low, but they are in a position where it’s hard to wait.

I like joe Sheehan’s idea of starting Tanaka once per post season series (unless It goes deep) to keep him throwing on extra rest.

Yanks need to ride that bullpen hard. And frankly come October that may be all they need. See 2016 Indians

Reaction Score
They're awful. When they throw Bird out there instead of the Big Man they throw out 2 sub .200 hitters and a bunch of other cra**y "AB's". Bird and Sanchez to a team who love "potential" of these 2 and have a real good arm we can grab.

I would love to see the stats on worst performances by a team EVER when they have bases loaded and NO outs. This team has come up empty more than anyone ever I would bet on it. They struck out 3 times on 11 pitched the other night in this situation and 2 times with a pop out just last week. Also many bases loaded with 1 out and do not score. McCutcheon is a breath of fresh air has great ML AB's, professional hitter. May not be the same but he gets on base about .450 as a Yank.

Let Judge rest the wrist no reason to bring him back for a one game loss to the A's. Wrists can hurt careers and he's too valuable sit it out please they can't win this year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Two points:

With the acquisition of Luke Voit, Bird becomes expendable. I would not be surprised to see Bird traded in the off season. Probably part of a package deal that could include Betances.

Judge will stay in the line-up. When he is in the line-up, the Yankess are 35 games over .500. When he was out, the Yanks were only 2 games over .500. His presence is a force to deal with.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Two points:

With the acquisition of Luke Voit, Bird becomes expendable. I would not be surprised to see Bird traded in the off season. Probably part of a package deal that could include Betances.

Judge will stay in the line-up. When he is in the line-up, the Yankess are 35 games over .500. When he was out, the Yanks were only 2 games over .500. His presence is a force to deal with.

Not sure you will get a ton for bird, but him plus some prospects can get you some starter depth. Which is what you really need.

Although you will probably add Corbin in FA

Reaction Score
Two points:

As nice of a surprise as he's been so far, I don't think Voit is the long term answer at first. I think Bird is still the guy and will be given a chance again next Spring Training to earn the position. His upside as a hitter is much higher than Voit's and he's a superior defensive player. I doubt they'll give up on him too soon.

Reaction Score
As nice of a surprise as he's been so far, I don't think Voit is the long term answer at first. I think Bird is still the guy and will be given a chance again next Spring Training to earn the position. His upside as a hitter is much higher than Voit's and he's a superior defensive player. I doubt they'll give up on him too soon.

OK, so maybe I was a bit premature on Big Luke ;-). I still think he's this year's Shane Spencer, but he's on a hell of a roll.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
OK, so maybe I was a bit premature on Big Luke ;-). I still think he's this year's Shane Spencer, but he's on a hell of a roll.

It was a great for the Yankees and he has been awesome the last month or so.

Reaction Score

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Scoe and mau...2 crumpled corpses on a sidewalk.

#ledgejumpers

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Scoe and mau...2 crumpled corpses on a sidewalk.

#ledgejumpers

Let’s see how you do against better competition first.

Reaction Score
Yankees arent playing the Orioles, White Sox or Tigers so we have a shot now ;), but ill stick with the script dont wanna mess with the mojo the Yankees have no shot and are still dead.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I honestly think they'll beat the Sox. It's all gonna depend on how far Sox starters are able to go in games.

The Yanks have 2 CRITICAL pieces to post season play. 1. home run hitting - change games with one swing, and 2. a great bullpen to close out games and weather storms

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom