The World Cup And How It Pertains To Our Game Against Florida State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The World Cup And How It Pertains To Our Game Against Florida State

Who will win the World Cup today

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Oh boy! And I was planning on watching it today at 3. Not sure how I did that. So, Sunday AM here, late PM in Qatar. My original concern is now heightened with the soccer game and our game being just hours apart. :eek:
I think the pregame is at 9 AM, the game at 10. check your local listing. FOX

Reaction Score
2 of the top 3 teams in the world in the final (Brasil is now out). Should be a great game. The stadium will be packed with fans from both teams but I bet Argentina will have more fans there. They are absolutely rabid fans. I still have a #10 Maradona jersey from high school. Rooting for Argentina this year but I like "Les Bleau" as well. I think Argentina has a slight skill advantage but France is maybe more athletic. Really a coin flip who wins but I would pick France if betting. At least they are somewhat in a similar time zone. For Argentina it will be like playing at 3 in the morning even though they have been there for weeks. It's all about the biorhythyms... f Argentina goes up a goal they are really tough to score on. They also are absolutely committed to win. It's a religion for them.
During yesterday's game they said that they expected 45,000 fans from Argentina!

Reaction Score
France 4, the Argentina I'm rooting for, 1.....-- but maybe the "Bleu"..."flu" ("fleu" ) will slow down Les Bleu....., Lou's Les Bleu, that is.....

I wonder if the Cup final game was possibly changed from the usual local start time for big soccer games of 9 or 10 pm, in Quatar this time, (1 or 2 pm East coast USA time), to the 10am USA east coast time, 6pm in Qatar, to avoid any conflict with huge USA and worldwide NFL TV audience, at that 1-2 PM, east coast USA time -- even though there will regardless be billions watching elsewhere worldwide.....

Me encanta a Messi porque jugaba miles de anyos para mi equipito Barcelona... a quien espero que vuelva, pronto...!

El unico tio que trajo bandera Argentina a partidos UConn........
NICE! Lou's Les Bleu!

Reaction Score
I plan on watching my first World Cup final today (Saturday), when suddenly my thoughts included Mademoiselle Lou Lopez Sénéchal. So, I shall be rooting for the Frenchmen today even though they are the reigning champs having won the Cup in 2018. Argentina and France have both won the World Cup twice. Let’s hope France is the team to break the tie.

Since Mademoiselle Lopez Sénéchal is a world class athlete, or soon will be, she is likely a ravenous football fan of her country’s national team. As such, she may well be “down in the dumps” should the French lose today. And if that happens, I fear for her state of mind come Sunday afternoon. Not that this would knock her completely off her game, however, it just may sap a few percentage points off of her concentration. And on the flip side, her concentration may just get a boost should the French be the victors today.

Let’s find out what percentage of the Boneyard is supporting Argentina OR France, Mademoiselle Lou Lopez Sénéchal, and the UConn Huskies.
I picked France not because I have a love for French football/soccer or even football/soccer in general. Not because I respect France as a nation slightly more than Argentina. Not even because I've been to France and not Argentina. My selection is a simple tip-of-the-cap to JavaMan's world championship worthy demonstration of connect-the-dots. Ten out of ten, JM. Bravo!

Reaction Score
France 4, the Argentina I'm rooting for, 1.....-- but maybe the "Bleu"..."flu" ("fleu" ) will slow down Les Bleu....., Lou's Les Bleu, that is.....

I wonder if the Cup final game was possibly changed from the usual local start time for big soccer games of 9 or 10 pm, in Quatar this time, (1 or 2 pm East coast USA time), to the 10am USA east coast time, 6pm in Qatar, to avoid any conflict with huge USA and worldwide NFL TV audience, at that 1-2 PM, east coast USA time -- even though there will regardless be billions watching elsewhere worldwide.....

Me encanta a Messi porque jugaba miles de anyos para mi equipito Barcelona... a quien espero que vuelva, pronto...!

El unico tio que trajo bandera Argentina a partidos UConn........
Very nice but the real reason there was a time change is because the UCONN game is at 1:00 pm! I mean, C'mon that's a no brainer.

Reaction Score
I'm getting slightly worried about our backcourt concentration today.

At the half it's Argentina 2 and France 0.

:eek:

Reaction Score
Can't take it seriously when you end a championship game with a penalty shootout. Like settling a tie in the seventh game of the World Series with a Home Run Derby.

Reaction Score
Can't take it seriously when you end a championship game with a penalty shootout. Like settling a tie in the seventh game of the World Series with a Home Run Derby.
You can bet that both teams, the passionate crowd at the game and probably hundreds of millions around the world took those PKs very seriously.

Agreed, it's not an ideal scenario but the drama and the talent those shots (and potential keeper saves) demand make it a riveting way to decide the championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom