The World Cup And How It Pertains To Our Game Against Florida State | The Boneyard

The World Cup And How It Pertains To Our Game Against Florida State

Who will win the World Cup today

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I plan on watching my first World Cup final today (Saturday), when suddenly my thoughts included Mademoiselle Lou Lopez Sénéchal. So, I shall be rooting for the Frenchmen today even though they are the reigning champs having won the Cup in 2018. Argentina and France have both won the World Cup twice. Let’s hope France is the team to break the tie.

Since Mademoiselle Lopez Sénéchal is a world class athlete, or soon will be, she is likely a ravenous football fan of her country’s national team. As such, she may well be “down in the dumps” should the French lose today. And if that happens, I fear for her state of mind come Sunday afternoon. Not that this would knock her completely off her game, however, it just may sap a few percentage points off of her concentration. And on the flip side, her concentration may just get a boost should the French be the victors today.

Let’s find out what percentage of the Boneyard is supporting Argentina OR France, Mademoiselle Lou Lopez Sénéchal, and the UConn Huskies.

Reaction Score
France vs Argentina is on FOX tomorrow SUNDAY at 9 AM EST.
The issue for France, could be, the number of players that have had
viral symptoms (as in "flu "), But the roster is deep. It should be a
great game. Of note Argentina has the equivalent of Brianna Stewart
on their team (this is the last opportunity for a World Cup victory for
this spectacular jersey # 10 (L. M.)!!!!

Reaction Score
I love Messi -- who doesn't? -- and I love France. How could I not, since I have a French name! And Mbappe, of course. But even I have to admit that France got really lucky against England. They were outplayed for most, if not all of that game. So, if France loses, I'll feel bad, but I'll also feel that they got as far as their talent could take them. I hope Lou and her parents feel the same way.

Reaction Score
France vs Argentina is on FOX tomorrow SUNDAY at 9 AM EST.
The issue for France, could be, the number of players that have had
viral symptoms (as in "flu "), But the roster is deep. It should be a
great game. Of note Argentina has the equivalent of Brianna Stewart
on their team (this is the last opportunity for a World Cup victory for
this spectacular jersey # 10 (L. M.)!!!!
Oh boy! And I was planning on watching it today at 3. Not sure how I did that. So, Sunday AM here, late PM in Qatar. My original concern is now heightened with the soccer game and our game being just hours apart. :eek:

Reaction Score
At least Nika will be happy that Croatia beat Marco 2 - 1.;)
When a news reference was made about "the little giant from Europe," I was sure it was about Nika. Turns out it was about Croatia (for whom I cheered because of our "little giant").

sun

Reaction Score
I love French wine and food, and we would not have become a country without them and they gave us the Statue of Liberty. Argentina is from the Americas but Lou Two is part French. Need I say more? Viva La France.

I'll never forget that Diana Turasi's parents are from Argentina.

From Wikipedia:
Taurasi's father, Mario, was raised in Argentina. He was a professional soccer player in Italy and played for several years as a goalkeeper. Taurasi's mother, Liliana, is Argentinian. Mario and Liliana Taurasi emigrated from Argentina to the United States before Diana was born.

Also, it was indirectly attributed to Wikipedia that about 60% of Argentinians have some Italian ancestry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll never forget that Diana Turasi's parents are from Argentina.

From Wikipedia:
Taurasi's father, Mario, was raised in Argentina. He was a professional soccer player in Italy and played for several years as a goalkeeper. Taurasi's mother, Liliana, is Argentinian. Mario and Liliana Taurasi emigrated from Argentina to the United States before Diana was born.
Fair point but D can't help us mañana, Lou Two can.

Reaction Score
I have two friends from Argentina whom I met in the late '80s while backpacking in Europe and we've maintained our friendship ever since. Both of them are very much invested in their nation's futbol side, so I'll be leaning toward the Argentines.

Messi? Love him or hate him, he's undeniably an all-time great and it's always a cool sports story when such a career climaxes with the ultimate prize.

As for Lou, I trust she's mature enough to know her priorities and will have yet another big game for the Huskies, regardless of the World Cup outcome. Good post, JavaMan!

sun

Reaction Score
The players on both teams will be winners no matter the final score.
Here's the USD amounts of the prize pool money.

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (Prize Pool)​

Winners – $42 million / INR 347 crore
Runners-up – $30 million / INR 248 crore
Third Place – $27 million / INR 223 crore
Fourth Place – $25 million / INR 206 crore

Reaction Score
I love Messi -- who doesn't? -- and I love France. How could I not, since I have a French name! And Mbappe, of course. But even I have to admit that France got really lucky against England. They were outplayed for most, if not all of that game. So, if France loses, I'll feel bad, but I'll also feel that they got as far as their talent could take them. I hope Lou and her parents feel the same way.
I did not know that "Bone Dog" was a French name... LOL

Reaction Score
The players on both teams will be winners no matter the final score.
Here's the USD amounts of the prize pool money.

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (Prize Pool)​

Winners – $42 million / INR 347 crore
Runners-up – $30 million / INR 248 crore
Third Place – $27 million / INR 223 crore
Fourth Place – $25 million / INR 206 crore

What did they spend 200 billion on?

Reaction Score
2 of the top 3 teams in the world in the final (Brasil is now out). Should be a great game. The stadium will be packed with fans from both teams but I bet Argentina will have more fans there. They are absolutely rabid fans. I still have a #10 Maradona jersey from high school. Rooting for Argentina this year but I like "Les Bleau" as well. I think Argentina has a slight skill advantage but France is maybe more athletic. Really a coin flip who wins but I would pick France if betting. At least they are somewhat in a similar time zone. For Argentina it will be like playing at 3 in the morning even though they have been there for weeks. It's all about the biorhythyms... f Argentina goes up a goal they are really tough to score on. They also are absolutely committed to win. It's a religion for them.

Reaction Score
France 4, the Argentina I'm rooting for, 1.....-- but maybe the "Bleu"..."flu" ("fleu" ) will slow down Les Bleu....., Lou's Les Bleu, that is.....

I wonder if the Cup final game was possibly changed from the usual local start time for big soccer games of 9 or 10 pm, in Quatar this time, (1 or 2 pm East coast USA time), to the 10am USA east coast time, 6pm in Qatar, to avoid any conflict with huge USA and worldwide NFL TV audience, at that 1-2 PM, east coast USA time -- even though there will regardless be billions watching elsewhere worldwide.....

Me encanta a Messi porque jugaba miles de anyos para mi equipito Barcelona... a quien espero que vuelva, pronto...!

El unico tio que trajo bandera Argentina a partidos UConn........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom