The wisdom of Dan Orlovsky - v1.0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The wisdom of Dan Orlovsky - v1.0

Reaction Score
Lots of people would have you think Randy was in the dark about the conference situation. He certainly hasn’t spoken out in support of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with DO's point about offensive linemen. It excuses nothing.

It has nothing to do with Edsall fielding the WORST defense in FBS history. The worst in the history of the game.

Reaction Score
Does anyone really believe Randy won’t be back next year? If so you’re dreaming.

The thought of Randy coming back next year is a nightmare. Every moment we wait is a moment wasted. He needs to go as quickly as possible after the last game so that we can get a competent head coach here.

Reaction Score
The thought of Randy coming back next year is a nightmare. Every moment we wait is a moment wasted. He needs to go as quickly as possible after the last game so that we can get a competent head coach here.
If he isn't fired, players will transfer in droves. Probably the most talented ones on the team too, because they know other programs would take them.

Reaction Score
That’s certainly the part of the equation. My bet is many of the Players know they played FR & SOPH plays that they’d never get anywhere else at this level. They stay ... and I feel things & atmosphere are better than last year.

The Fanbase is important. The dollars are important & I remember Randy doesn’t have a big buyout. However, with so much change coming & upset all over the AD ... I’d say Randy is here. Sorry

Reaction Score
In my opinion Randy did a remarkable job building the program the first time around. His departure was unfortunate, but the truth of the matter is that many folks were happy to see him gone and believed he had reached his ceiling. Well......

Ten years later, does Randy's process still work in college football? I am honestly beginning to wonder. The money is such a huge factor, non-P5 programs need to rely heavily on the transfer portal and JUCO's to compete, and these kids are now going to get paid for endorsements. None of that plays into the hands of a guy who builds character and culture as a base to a program.

For me, college football is looking more a more like minor league pro franchises. That doesn't hold much interest for me and I just as soon watch my football on Sundays where the rules of engagement are very clear and fair.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I think we call this “Valley Wisdom” ... he actually gets Connecticut. I think he really understands the modern game & how the CFB development works.
Plus we need ALL 3 of his triplets
As a man raised in The Ripper aka Shelton, there is little wisdom in the Valley. However, there are wise men - I count Dan-O among those wise men. We will win one more game this year, and we will win a few more next year. That is development. That is progress. That is UCONN!

Reaction Score
yeah. Not worth feeding this

Was there a slight chance if the Team was totally lost of Benedict making a change ...

Wait, you don’t think this team is totally lost? There has not been one shred of evidence that Edsall is going to turn this around, not one.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Randy did a remarkable job building the program the first time around. His departure was unfortunate, but the truth of the matter is that many folks were happy to see him gone and believed he had reached his ceiling. Well......

Ten years later, does Randy's process still work in college football? I am honestly beginning to wonder. The money is such a huge factor, non-P5 programs need to rely heavily on the transfer portal and JUCO's to compete, and these kids are now going to get paid for endorsements. None of that plays into the hands of a guy who builds character and culture as a base to a program.

For me, college football is looking more a more like minor league pro franchises. That doesn't hold much interest for me and I just as soon watch my football on Sundays where the rules of engagement are very clear and fair.

I agree with most all that ... but in comparison to the "building the Program" componenst of Pasqualoni & Diaco ... Edsall is still above.

The Tactics & Offensive/Defensive status ... is weak. at this point

Reaction Score
As a man raised in The Ripper aka Shelton, there is little wisdom in the Valley. However, there are wise men - I count Dan-O among those wise men. We will win one more game this year, and we will win a few more next year. That is development. That is progress. That is UCONN!

Watch out ... my Dad came out of Derby & had an amazing progression. (I did not grow up in the valley - but did watch DeFillippo)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You also need the different units improving and maturing at the same time

BINGO - I've been preaching this for ages - So awfully important in college football

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If he isn't fired, players will transfer in droves. Probably the most talented ones on the team too, because they know other programs would take them.

Because you know the players and what they think about HCRE.
Some might leave but you are off base in my opinion on the mass Exodus

Reaction Score
Because you know the players and what they think about HCRE.
Some might leave but you are off base in my opinion on the mass Exodus
Well maybe not a mass exodus, but losing 3 or 4 starters would hurt the team.

Reaction Score
would really like to see an off season without so much staff turnover. It's taking its toll over the past several years.
most of all, this team needs continuity to build off.

Reaction Score
would really like to see an off season without so much staff turnover. It's taking its toll over the past several years.
most of all, this team needs continuity to build off.

when you pay your staff peanuts compared to other schools, there will always be high turnover.

Reaction Score
I sometimes spun whether this team even practices every day. They look really bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom