The Wire Season Two | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Wire Season Two

Reaction Score
I don't like the fact that one of the features of this site, bold vs. un-bold, which indicates a new post in a thread, remains bold until you click on the thread, is somehow mixed in with regular Cesspool threads, even though these particular threads are targeted to or created by followers of some random show on a random cable network. Is there any way to clean this up?

You can choose to ignore a thread completely, as with a member, but that's it. I think.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't like the fact that one of the features of this site, bold vs. un-bold, which indicates a new post in a thread, remains bold until you click on the thread, is somehow mixed in with regular Cesspool threads, even though these particular threads are targeted to or created by followers of some random show on a random cable network. Is there any way to clean this up?

Yeah ignore the thread

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When I first watched the series, I noticed the music of Season Two. Tom Waits performs the opening theme, "Way Down in the Hole" (He wrote the original.), and Steve Earle (featured later on) performs the season ending montage song, "I Feel Alright." The music in general reflects the theme of the individual seasons.
Yea, they used a different recording every season.

Season 1 - Blind Boys of Alabama
Season 2 - Tom Waits
Season 3 - The Neville Brothers
Season 4 - DoMaJe (a group of Baltimore youths)
Season 5 - Steve Earle

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yea, they used a different recording every season.

Season 1 - Blind Boys of Alabama
Season 2 - Tom Waits
Season 3 - The Neville Brothers
Season 4 - DoMaJe (a group of Baltimore youths)
Season 5 - Steve Earle

A-Dub plays with a couple Neville Brothers quite frequently. Great guys.

Reaction Score
The new song is worse than the old one. Ugh.
HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah the song is brutal in S2. Are you not skipping the opening credits at this point?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'll admit that Tom Waits has done some hard livin' and that has certainly affected his voice, but his songs have been sampled or outright covered over 160 times (121 covers, including The Eagles, Patti Smythe, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Joe Bonamassa, among others). His early stuff is softer on the ears, while his newer music is...let's just say...eclectic. He's been quoted as saying (paraphrase) that he would more likely find his instruments in a hardware store than a music store.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oh hey that was Holly from The Office!

Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah the song is brutal in S2. Are you not skipping the opening credits at this point?

I will be going forward. Only two episodes in, but it's awful. The song, I mean.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I will be going forward. Only two episodes in, but it's awful. The song, I mean.
Through 2 episodes I'm not terribly interested in the season yet.

Reaction Score
McNulty is as awesome as the song is bad. The Prince of Tides.

--- Calling it after 2 because I'm sick. I'm enjoying the season a lot so far.

Reaction Score
Through 2 episodes I'm not terribly interested in the season yet.

No? I like how they changed it up instead of creating a new drug lord every season. Kinda give the Avon-Stringer Team time to land on their feet before the story returns to their competition with McNulty.

Plus, McNulty makes me laugh. Getting an superjohn at the idea of his old boss being f-----ked over? That's good petty vindictive shiiiit approves of.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No? I like how they changed it up instead of creating a new drug lord every season. Kinda give the Avon-Stringer Team time to land on their feet before the story returns to their struggle with McNulty.
Probably more of an overall obersevation than a season 2 specific one. Wondering if thr bar was set unrealistically high. But it hasn't drawn me in like a Breaking Bad, GoT, Westworld... I would just call it good not great.

Reaction Score
Probably more of an overall obersevation than a season 2 specific one. Wondering if thr bar was set unrealistically high. But it hasn't drawn me in like a Breaking Bad, GoT, Westworld... I would just call it good not great.

I'm with you on that.

Reaction Score
Wow, you guys have horrible taste. It's the same song and The Blind Boys of Alabama and Tom Waits are awesome.

I hate music to begin with. Probably why I hate A-Dub so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom