The waaaay too soon 2022 bracketology | The Boneyard

The waaaay too soon 2022 bracketology

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is gonna be wild. There are still coaching spots open, significant numbers of players in the portal with no landing spot as of yet, and ESPN already projecting bracketology.

ESPN WCBB Bracketology

Seeds
1 - UConn, Baylor, South Carolina, Stanford
2 - Indiana, MD, NC State, L'ville
3 - Oregon, Kentucky, Iowa, Michigan
4 - Florida State, Oregon State, Iowa State, WV

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Was this done before Kim Mulkey left?
Posted this morning with the line: "The offseason has been anything but typical with so much player movement. But the biggest move was coach Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor for LSU. The move will obviously impact the Lady Bears, but they are a No. 1 seed at this point because the rest of a talented roster is still there."

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Seton Hall out? Hmmmm

Not much respect for the Big East

Looking for UConn team two also

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see he has both Duke and High Point in the bracket.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Switch Baylor and Maryland as the 1 and 2 seed in their region and this might not be a bad projection. I presume that Baylor will have somebody follow Kim and even if it is only 1 or 2, that plus the change in coaching is enough to move Maryland ahead of them. You could also make a case for moving Louisville or NC State into the number 1 position in that region.

Reaction Score
This is gonna be wild. There are still coaching spots open, significant numbers of players in the portal with no landing spot as of yet, and ESPN already projecting bracketology.

ESPN WCBB Bracketology

Seeds
1 - UConn, Baylor, South Carolina, Stanford
2 - Indiana, MD, NC State, L'ville
3 - Oregon, Kentucky, Iowa, Michigan
4 - Florida State, Oregon State, Iowa State, WV
And Kentucky continues to be overrated.

Reaction Score
Wow-Kara went from 4 games in 2020-2021 to a 9-seed based on incoming transfers. IMO, the ACC needs to get Duke while they can, because I think she is going to start a serious run in that conference(and nationally) in about 3 years. She has name recognition, she is smart, astute, and I bet she wins a lot of parents over. Plus, she gets to dangle a Duke education in front of people.

Reaction Score
Can’t wait for them to overhype Howard again next year
Agreed. I think the graphic above the bracketology with Bueckers, Clark, Jones, Smith & Boston is a decent preseason AA projection. I'd have Owusu, Williams, Howard, Hillmon, and Cunane as the second team. Although, I'd guess the media will swap Jones and Howard. I also thought Williams would be AA by her sophomore year and I couldn't have been more wrong. So who knows?

Reaction Score
Can’t wait for them to overhype Howard again next year
Howard is a very good player? Over-hyped? Maybe.

The problem is that her teammates seldom rise when she has a below her average game. It's usually a loss. Plus, her teammates can sometimes stand around and wait for her to do something.

She is very good, but one player cannot make a team very much above average, That's what Kentucky is: above average - not good, very good or great.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think the graphic above the bracketology with Bueckers, Clark, Jones, Smith & Boston is a decent preseason AA projection. I'd have Owusu, Williams, Howard, Hillmon, and Cunane as the second team. Although, I'd guess the media will swap Jones and Howard. I also thought Williams would be AA by her sophomore year and I couldn't have been more wrong. So who knows?
I think Williams will get it done next year because I definitely saw a different player at the end of the year. I feel like the light went on for her kinda like Tina Charles toward the end of her Junior year. She seemed super aggressive and in my opinion the talk about her being up and down will be put to rest. Paige and Azzi will do their thing, but I believe CW will shine the most next year. Not by being better than Paige, but I think she will become a real bucket getter for us and take on more responsibility by doing it at big moments. To my eyes it was like the tournament came and and she instantly matured.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow-Kara went from 4 games in 2020-2021 to a 9-seed based on incoming transfers. IMO, the ACC needs to get Duke while they can, because I think she is going to start a serious run in that conference(and nationally) in about 3 years. She has name recognition, she is smart, astute, and I bet she wins a lot of parents over. Plus, she gets to dangle a Duke education in front of people.

stanley.gif

I can wear my Duke WBB T-shirt in public proudly again. With my shoulders back, and my head held high.

Reaction Score
Posted this morning with the line: "The offseason has been anything but typical with so much player movement. But the biggest move was coach Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor for LSU. The move will obviously impact the Lady Bears, but they are a No. 1 seed at this point because the rest of a talented roster is still there."
That's just a way to save face instead of them having to redo the article and clear it again....

Reaction Score
Howard is a very good player? Over-hyped? Maybe.

The problem is that her teammates seldom rise when she has a below her average game. It's usually a loss. Plus, her teammates can sometimes stand around and wait for her to do something.

She is very good, but one player cannot make a team very much above average, That's what Kentucky is: above average - not good, very good or great.
She’s good, no doubt, but all of ESPN acted as if she was a generational player. I’m not discrediting her abilities, just saying that as good is she is she’s nowhere near what they’ve made her out to be. I do agree that her teammates need to do more because boy did their lack of offensive weapons outside of Howard show in the games they lost—if Howard wasn’t scoring, the team wasn’t scoring. I also still think Howard can improve in a few areas that’ll take her game to another level. If she does, she’ll be great. Just not some amazing, once-in-a-lifetime player.

Reaction Score
I was surprised GA was all the way down as an 8. Don’t they return everyone?

Reaction Score
Baylor comes off the top line. Players will leave.

I would swap Oregon State and Oregon.

Reaction Score
I think Williams will get it done next year because I definitely saw a different player at the end of the year. I feel like the light went on for her kinda like Tina Charles toward the end of her Junior year. She seemed super aggressive and in my opinion the talk about her being up and down will be put to rest. Paige and Azzi will do their thing, but I believe CW will shine the most next year. Not by being better than Paige, but I think she will become a real bucket getter for us and take on more responsibility by doing it at big moments. To my eyes it was like the tournament came and and she instantly matured.
Totally agree. I have been very critical of CW and doubted her. However by the end of this season I saw a true change. I think we’re going to see that carry over into next season with some more consistency.

Reaction Score
If Baylor manages to keep their core players, they’ll be good. But, not 1 seed good. I would move Maryland to the 1 line, they’ll be really good next year....if Brenda can keep them :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom