The Vomit Offense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Vomit Offense

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Having good "hands" is like requirement/priority #212 for a starting Big man at The University of Connecticut.

The capital "T" was not a spelling error, it means something.

To me, it looks like he could actually turn out to be a really good player. He just shouldn't have been relied upon to do so as a freshman. Diarra too. This is what the effect of holes and misses from previous years will do to you.

They did recruit one decent big man, but he turned out to be a head case (ZB).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
well, suffice to say, if they don't start running better offense sometime soon we're in deep trouble

although defense can still be their strongest suit

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
They did recruit one decent big man, but he turned out to be a head case (ZB).
Well I guess that means that they actually didn't recruit a decent big man. You can't build a program while recruiting half a team, every guard we sign says the trademark "Coach Ollie just lets his guards play man" deal, that stuff resonates with big men.

Reaction Score
I'm by no means an apologist after the abysmal performance from the entire team, but when were talking about bigs that's one area you have to cut Ollie and this team some slack.

3 experienced bigs, (yes including Vance), who were supposed to return this year left, and literally every single big we now have are playing their first games as Huskies. I think Carlton has the highest upside but even other teams are recognizing that and doubling him down low.

Let's get Cobb back, show some semblance of consistent defensive rebounding, and get out in transition because obviously relying on our half court offense isn't going to translate to many wins.
Why on earth do you have to cut Ollie slack on half the team transferring and losing our best recruit?

Reaction Score
Why on earth do you have to cut Ollie slack on half the team transferring and losing our best recruit?

Cut him slack over what he has to work with at this point in time, not cut him slack over those transfers leaving.

Sure what's remaining is a product of him losing those recruits to begin with, but at the end of the day we still need to remain realistic with what these new bigs are going to offer for an inside game. Not going to happen overnight, therefore Ollie should be cut some slack with their performance thus far.

We'll see where they are 2nd half of the season...

Reaction Score
Cut him slack over what he has to work with at this point in time, not cut him slack over those transfers leaving.

Sure what's remaining is a product of him losing those recruits to begin with, but at the end of the day we still need to remain realistic with what these new bigs are going to offer for an inside game. Not going to happen overnight, therefore Ollie should be cut some slack with their performance thus far.

We'll see where they are 2nd half of the season...

Disagree. I'll cut the kids some slack, as it's not fair to any of these freshmen for us to expect them to come in and magically perform fantastically from day 1. However, it's completely on KO that we're even in this position. His recruiting in the front court has been miserably bad and he or his coaching style didn't mesh with the kids who transferred from last year.

I like KO. I'd love for him to turn it around this year. On the other hand, I'm tired of people defending him because we don't have experience or the team hasn't gelled or we don't have the talent, etc. Those are all variables that KO controls and so far he's done a frankly awful job of it. He keeps messing up in the offseason, coming into the season without a fully formed squad ready to go and then he and the fans use the inexperienced excuse. He's creating his own problems and then using them as excuses sometimes.

Reaction Score
Disagree. I'll cut the kids some slack, as it's not fair to any of these freshmen for us to expect them to come in and magically perform fantastically from day 1. However, it's completely on KO that we're even in this position. His recruiting in the front court has been miserably bad and he or his coaching style didn't mesh with the kids who transferred from last year.

I like KO. I'd love for him to turn it around this year. On the other hand, I'm tired of people defending him because we don't have experience or the team hasn't gelled or we don't have the talent, etc. Those are all variables that KO controls and so far he's done a frankly awful job of it. He keeps messing up in the offseason, coming into the season without a fully formed squad ready to go and then he and the fans use the inexperienced excuse. He's creating his own problems and then using them as excuses sometimes.

Fair enough, he is making it very hard on himself

Reaction Score
This is the biggest thing that kills me about KO. He's been dealt a pretty rough hand in the grand scheme of things but our offense should not be as bad as it is. No basketball team's offense should be this bad. There is any number of basic actions that can be run to put much more pressure on the defense. We are essentially running Calipari's garbage Dribble Drive Motion from his Memphis days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom