The Vols' ultimate revenge on UConn in 2013 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Vols' ultimate revenge on UConn in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
As I am sure you were last year. And the year before that, and the year before that and the year before that.

Oh yeah....I left one off. The first round loss to Ball State.

Your optimism is commendable. I'm not sure it's warranted. When your senior leader plays selfishly its difficult to succeed at the highest level.

They have averaged 28-7 with a first round loss, a sweet sixteen loss and 3 elite eight losses over the last 5 years. Hardly Tennessee-like. The prior ten years, they averaged 32-4. They won 2 NC's, 3 runner ups, 2 semi finals, 2 EE and 1 sweet sixteen. A dominant type stretch.

Now, can Tennessee return to prior success levels? Maybe. But they are not there yet.
A few injuries and then Pat's health have a effect. I am not sure exactly when Pat started having the effects of her health. I do think it did effect the team. Now looks like the team is set for a real good year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
A few injuries and then Pat's health have a effect. I am not sure exactly when Pat started having the effects of her health. I do think it did effect the team. Now looks like the team is set for a real good year.
Injuries happen. Did you see the injuries Uconn had to overcome this year?

Like I said, your optimism is commendable.

Reaction Score
Thanks! I'm pretty confidant my team will be there. ;)

Wait, I don't understand. Are you the confidant, or do you have a confidant? It would be a nice gesture for you to buy tickets for the team. You could then be confident they will be there.

Reaction Score
I am already planning my trip. I will be back from my honeymoon for about two weeks, but I am fully planning on going to Nashville to watch UConn win #9.

With a killer tan.
My advice is to forget the killer tan.... spend your honeymoon indoors!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Wait, I don't understand. Are you the confidant, or do you have a confidant? It would be a nice gesture for you to buy tickets for the team. You could then be confident they will be there.
I'm pretty confidant my team will be playing. After all the FF is in home state.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm pretty confidant my team will be playing. After all the FF is in home state.
It will certainly be a home court advantage IF they get there. But they won't have home games in the sweet sixteen or elite eight.

Reaction Score
SAD!!!! The Vols have won NOTHING in the last 15 years-----leaving out Parker's 2 titles. Sorta like the Cuse who have won nothing in Boeheim's tenure without Carmelo!!!!! Remarkable how many we have won in that same 15 year period.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
SAD!!!! The Vols have won NOTHING in the last 15 years-----leaving out Parker's 2 titles. Sorta like the Cuse who have won nothing in Boeheim's tenure without Carmelo!!!!! Remarkable how many we have won in that same 15 year period.
Leave out Parker's two titles? Why?

Last five years, not so good. Ten years before, better than anyone not named Uconn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thanks! I'm pretty confidant my team will be there. ;)

On May 24 of 2012.... I was pretty confident.... actually I was sure without a doubt that my team would be down on Bourbon Street the following April. Things didnt go quite as I thought they would. :( While I think TN has as good a chance of making the final 4 as any team not named UCONN, or Duke..... you never really know until the final buzzer sounds in the regional finals.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It will certainly be a home court advantage IF they get there. But they won't have home games in the sweet sixteen or elite eight.
Do we know the E8 and S16 games are held?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The locations won't be announced until September

mr006

Reaction Score
The LV's have as good a chance as anyone to make the FF. There is a group of 4 or 5 teams battling for the 3 spots. Tennessee is one of them.

I thought it was the Final FOUR. Has someone gotten an automatic bid to it? ;)

Reaction Score
With all the cupcakes in the AAC, each of whom UConn will have to play twice,
there is no way the Huskies will have the best SOS next year or for the forseeable
future - no matter what their non-conference schedule is like.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
But I bet they have a few National Championships.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'll stick to the facts, no opinion.

When Pat coached Tennessee, they won eight national championships. Had they NOT LOST 4X TO UCONN IN NC GAMES, they/Pat would have won 12 NC's.

Mulkey/Griner won one NC at Baylor. They should cherish it.

GG's Duke Dynasty? CViv's Jewel of the East? We're still waiting.

Then there is Notre Dame. They won one NC. BSDE (before Skylar Diggins era).

I have an opinion about the future but I'll save it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Maybe we can hold off on the home court advantage a bit till after we work our contacts with the Vandy crew. Haven't heard from Doreburt in a while, but I'm thinking that the last thing the Commodores want to see is the Vols doing anything on their home grounds. The last time TN hosted the finals back in 1990 (seems like yesterday) the non-FF curse was laid on UTenn even in their worshipful Knoxville, and surely Vandy does not want the Vols trying to make any hoopla on Music Row. Sorry stwainfan, but I'm just not seeing UTenn getting past the E8 after the Vandy band starts playing Nix the Knox.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Maybe we can hold off on the home court advantage a bit till after we work our contacts with the Vandy crew. Haven't heard from Doreburt in a while, but I'm thinking that the last thing the Commodores want to see is the Vols doing anything on their home grounds. The last time TN hosted the finals back in 1990 (seems like yesterday) the non-FF curse was laid on UTenn even in their worshipful Knoxville, and surely Vandy does not want the Vols trying to make any hoopla on Music Row. Sorry stwainfan, but I'm just not seeing UTenn getting past the E8 after the Vandy band starts playing Nix the Knox.
The games at Vandy I've been too. There has been more orange than black and gold.

Reaction Score
Yeah who knows where UT will end up next year..... In my mind, Holly showed this year that she is a decent coach,.... now she needs to go the next level..... I still look at some of her players and wonder why they didn't develop more..... UC is THE program now..... there is a reason other coaches come to see UC practices..... that isn't happening with any other major program...... Geno is spectacular...... 8NCs in 28 years..... Wow.... Keep it going!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
With all the cupcakes in the AAC, each of whom UConn will have to play twice,
there is no way the Huskies will have the best SOS next year or for the forseeable
future - no matter what their non-conference schedule is like.

I don't know how I'll be able to live with that—oh wait, I'm not an LV fan, so never mind.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah who knows where UT will end up next year..... In my mind, Holly showed this year that she is a decent coach,.... now she needs to go the next level..... I still look at some of her players and wonder why they didn't develop more..... UC is THE program now..... there is a reason other coaches come to see UC practices..... that isn't happening with any other major program...... Geno is spectacular...... 8NCs in 28 years..... Wow.... Keep it going!

Texas will have a decent year, although I don't think Karen's nickname is Holly.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And speaking of UTenn, ever since that kind of subscription-only switch by the Summitt, following the far more limited but less demented commentary on the VolNation's Lady Vols forum is actually pretty good. Now of course almost all the threads are on the softball team's run in the CWS, but the smaller group of commentators now seem to be a fairly informed and thoughtful group, though there are certainly still some nasty threads posted in the now more open environment. In one of the final big threads about the WCBB team's 2013 results, there was one comment two days before the NC game that would surely have been considered an anti-mojo killer for the Vols' hopes of remaining alone atop the national titles list:

"Last I checked, Geno only has 7 titles, not 8."

I'd forgotten that UTenn started the year rated 4th or 5th in the SEC, so last year was a pretty good run. But if you ever are confronted in a dark alley by a hostile group of Vol fans, just yell "Meighann Simmons" and make a run for it while the mob tears itself apart.

Reaction Score
And speaking of UTenn, ever since that kind of subscription-only switch by the Summitt, following the far more limited but less demented commentary on the VolNation's Lady Vols forum is actually pretty good. Now of course almost all the threads are on the softball team's run in the CWS, but the snaller group of commentators now seem to be a fairly informed and thoughtful group, though there are certainly still some nasty threads posted in the now more open environment. In one of the final big threads about the WCBB team's 2013 results, there was one comment two days before the NC game that would surely have been considered an anti-mojo killer for the Vols' hopes of remaining alone atop the national titles list:

"Last I checked, Geno only has 7 titles, not 8."
I particularly enjoyed the, "Geno the Bozo" thread.

What I find amusing is their frequent attribution of Geno's success to Pat Summitt. IN fact, anything good that happens to women's basketball is attributable to UTenn. There is no need for them to win because any team that wins would not have done so without UTenn's influence, so, in essence, any team's victory is actually a win for UTenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom