The Voepel - Griner lovefest continues | The Boneyard

The Voepel - Griner lovefest continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Voepel is from that part of the country and covers (used to cover?) the Big12 for the Kansas City Star. She's probably seen a lot of Griner. If she saw a lot of Diggins or Mosqueda-Lewis, the coverage of that young woman would be similar.

Reaction Score
Voepel is from that part of the country and covers (used to cover?) the Big12 for the Kansas City Star. She's probably seen a lot of Griner. If she saw a lot of Diggins or Mosqueda-Lewis, the coverage of that young woman would be similar.

I have always like Mechelle. Her articles are generally knowledgeable and honest. Don't forget she was the one who wrote the Rene Portland articles.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sorry Nan, don't buy it. Voepel is writing for a national platform, ESPN. The title says it all... "Britney Griner, 9 others...." 98% of the article is about Griner and Sims.

Reaction Score
Griner is one of the all time greats. Why would coverage of her not be justified?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You don't buy that Griner deserves the attention on a national panel? That Voepel doesn't write the headlines? Or would you rather Diggins get the attention? "-)

Reaction Score
How good are you when you have a 1st team all american point guard on your team and you lose to a 3rd place BE team in the sweet 16 and get one national championship in 4 years. This isn't Ralph Sampson where other teams were just loaded, she had a very good team and couldn't come through when it counted.

Reaction Score

Griner as POY so she warranted the coverage. She also just wrote a piece on Diggins.

Mechelle, and many other staff members, were laid off from the KC Star in 2008. She covers golf, tennis, college sports and bball for ESPN. She lives in KC area and goes to as many games that ESPN will send her, which is not that many. Mechelle (and Graham) shell out a lot of $ out of their pocket to cover games. She made at least one ND/UConn game and of course watches all games on TV. She drove to Ok City for regional because it's closer for her, Graham Hayes covers east coast, Michelle Smith covers the west. The bottom line is ESPN is too cheap to send her (and others) to more cover games.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
So I guess you could say there is no substance to the coverage LOL!

Reaction Score
So I guess you could say there is no substance to the coverage LOL!

No, I'm saying there is not enough coverage. The reporters do the best they can with the limits by ESPN, or ESPNw or whatever.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Are you Taras sister, clearly no sense of humor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom