The View From Section 241 -- Preseason | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Liked that matters - point is he did not fit their QB profile.

Attention to detail!!! Have your learned nothing from Calhoun, Auriemma, Diaco, or Ollie???

C

Chief00

Boyle was the third best QB on the roster last year.

True, I thought he (Boyle) had more upside than our current guy; who I believe was primarily the fit last year due to a poor OL.

C

Chief00

Attention to detail!!! Have your learned nothing from Calhoun, Auriemma, Diaco, or Ollie???
He transferred so it's conjecture where he would have ended up at NCST. As it is with Davis he could be a TE, Hback, safety or even LB - whatever gets him on the field - the next few years - depends on injuries, graduations, transfers etc.

C

Chief00

Really? You've been a season ticket holder for that long and STILL thought the games were at 11:11 AM last year? Holy smokes.

This dude knows what time it is! Both this year and last year we have games starting before noon EST.

C

Chief00

I'm pretty sure the total season ticket count from people who think you have no idea what you're talking about far exceeds yours.

You know what else doesn't elevate a program? Turning down crucial extra practice time. Or being the only 6-6 team to reject a bowl in a year when nearly half a dozen 5-7 teams got invites. Or playing an inferior quarterback.
As usual - you don't answer a direct question. How many season tickets did you buy? Not a group of people but did you buy season tickets and for how long?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As usual - you don't answer a direct question. How many season tickets did you buy? Not a group of people but did you buy season tickets and for how long?

Congratulations, Chief -- you're richer than I am and live closer to the stadium. What does that prove? Nothing. You could be a season ticket holder since before Rick Forzano and you would still be just as wrong as you currently are. Money doesn't buy correctness.

C

Chief00

You could just as easily say that he actually was good enough to get snaps at QB at NC State as a true frosh, before they decided that his athleticism needed to be on the field even though they thought they had QBs who were better pure throwers.

That is, if you didn't feel better trashing players.

Are you the same guy who called the head coach Whacky? And me saying a school was going to play a guy at another position is trashing him - LOL

Reaction Score
He transferred so it's conjecture where he would have ended up at NCST. As it is with Davis he could be a TE, Hback, safety or even LB - whatever gets him on the field - the next few years - depends on injuries, graduations, transfers etc.

You are clearly not RKG ... next man up!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Overall, I agree with most of the original post although I am not sold on BS at QB. I don't like his progressions or passing ability. I think he is a below average QB.
I think the OL will be improved - better at pass protecting - but I too question if they have the mentality or ability to attack and knock guys off the line on the run.

did not think I was trashing him

Don't think it was the part about them moving him...

Reaction Score
We did (for a number of games in 2009) star 325 lb Zach Hurd & 335 lb Erik Kurecza as our guards with 335 lb Mike Hicks at RT. I don't know (off the top of my head) if Mike Ryan (335 lbs) replaced Dan Ryan (320 lbs) at LT before Kurecza got hurt but I think we had more total weight among the starting five (although not by much) even with 290 lb Moe Petrie at center. I'm guessing that once Peart fills out we will have a new heaviest line.
Didn't think those guys were thst big, but that's just my memory. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom