The View From Section 241 — Temple | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 — Temple

Reaction Score
Your guy barely passes for 90 yards a game. Stop talking.yac - and don’t say they both do, b/c you’ve been clear Evers throws all passes into ground.

As did we in both those games. But that's football.
I’d argue not the same, but what’s the difference? Their guy happened to miss that game. Our guy got hurt running out of the tunnel on opening day.

Reaction Score
And therein lies the rub.

I don't understand why as a fan base we have to pick our favorite and trash the other. Root for both of these kids to succeed and go from there...
I concur. I hope that I haven't been guilty of that. But given how McCummings and Nebrich were treated, I think a tradition was started back than.

Reaction Score
And therein lies the rub.

I don't understand why as a fan base we have to pick our favorite and trash the other. Root for both of these kids to succeed and go from there...
Fortunately there are only a few vocal ones doing this. One or two in particular.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wish Evers got the start against the FCS team so people would stop gassing Joe's passing totals. They're comparable throwers at best, and Evers has way more room to grow. Joe almost lost us this game by missing wide open receivers repeatably, forcing us to run limited offense, and turning it over multiple times(the second interception could've easily been the difference in W/L). At worst Evers opens up the running playbook.

Fagnano is a fine backup, please play the most talented players first.

Reaction Score
What a luxury to be able to want for better quality wins. I agree… I’d like stronger competition to measure ourselves against, but not only are we beating teams we’re supposed to (a tall order in past seasons), we’re blowing them out. I’m not going to over think this. Just win, baby.

Reaction Score
One thought on the point that you, and others, are making. I am not downplaying in any way that an 8-4 season is a step forward. Especially with a number (and, hopefully by the time we're done, many) of the wins being blow outs. The point I was really trying to make, however, is that if we go 8-4 losing to the two ACC teams, given the weakness of our schedule a really strong case can be made that, from a resume perspective, our '22 team with wins over Fresno State (which won the MWC and a bowl game against a P-4 team), Liberty (which won at Arkansas and was ranked when we beat them) and P-4 BC would have accomplished far more than this year's team. It won't have been the best season since 2010 if we go 8-0 against teams rated over 120 and 0-4 against everyone else. That's all.
We played a one score game against a Duke team that may very well make some noise this season, in a game I think everyone would say was not our best. Moral victories don’t count for anything, but I think there’s clear progress in that vs beating a forgettable BC team.

Reaction Score
I wish Evers got the start against the FCS team so people would stop gassing Joe's passing totals. They're comparable throwers at best, and Evers has way more room to grow. Joe almost lost us this game by missing wide open receivers repeatably, forcing us to run limited offense, and turning it over multiple times(the second interception could've easily been the difference in W/L). At worst Evers opens up the running playbook.

Fagnano is a fine backup, please play the most talented players first.

Take out Joe's totals from Merrimack and it still isn't close.

Reaction Score
I definitely want to see Evers back for Wake. He creates havoc with misdirection and confusion. Once he does his thing, if we need more, let Joe take a shot through the air. It seems to work for us.

Reaction Score
We played a one score game against a Duke team that may very well make some noise this season, in a game I think everyone would say was not our best. Moral victories don’t count for anything, but I think there’s clear progress in that vs beating a forgettable BC team.
Never, ever Pooh Pooh a win against BC - in any sport, any year. You had a good routine going, but failed to stick the landing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom