The View From Section 241 — Temple | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 — Temple

Reaction Score
Great writeup BL. I file this game under ”Thank the fb gods for a favor”.

But this win can work to our advantage because team now realizes they have to bring it every game. Concerning our qb situation: It will work out but our OC needs to have a plan for each of their strengths. I thought he called a so-so game for JF’s strengths. Either that or the Temple dbs are really really good (which may be the case).

Reaction Score
I didn't play football, won't pretend to be some guru, but doesn't putting Evers in make us even more of a running team and reduce variability? At least Fagnano offers the possibility of passing, though it didn't go well Saturday.
For those beating on Fagnano for his performance, think about your favorite baseball pitcher. Do they go 7 innings every time. Did our best BB player even have an off night? You just can't adequately rate a QB based on 1 game, good or bad.
It forces the defense to account for the QB as a threat. If you're not really worried about the QB running, you can load the box and your front seven now have 5 defenders matched against the linemen, and two defenders left to account for the running back since you're not worried about the QB. Then your other 4 defenders are responsible for 3 receivers and a tight end. With a running QB, now it's one defender covering the RB while the other extra guy has to make sure the QB doesn't take off and run unaccounted for. If Evers can throw a bit more accurately and take some heat off his short throws so the receivers can catch and possess, he could be a very dynamic player. And he has to stay in the game. Fagnano isn't the stronger runner and now with Evers down and McDonald out for the season, he's even less of a running threat because the staff needs to make sure he stays healthy otherwise Welliver is the only one left in the bullpen. Guessing they'd like to keep his redshirt.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I learned from this game that UConn can win a game they shouldn't have. That is something that would not have happened last year or in the last 10+ years. The week off will help to heal and get the game plan to beat Wake who looked good the past weekend.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Stick to Aussie Rules.

In order to get YAC you have to place the ball well for the receiver.

Maybe if Evers did that he would pass for more than 80 yards a game.
I’ll stick to Aussie Rules if you stick to Zoos.

Different strokes for different folks - you seem enamored with Fagnano and think Evers is dogshit. I think Fagnano has inflated numbers from passing against incompetent defenses (see Merrimack) and from great plays made by his receivers. As for Evers, I think he has better potential if he can stay healthy (which he hasn’t).

Hopefully we can win a bunch more games with either or both and move on. Maybe you can go a day or two without taking a dump in Evers’ corn flakes. You never know - anything is possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom