The View from my Section (with apologies to Biz) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View from my Section (with apologies to Biz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry my bad Uconn is not only good but they play exciting football. They are just unlucky.

Reaction Score
I think there was more than 7.This had to be the worst game I witnessed by a group of receivers.They showed a total lack of concentration.Catch before You run!On the other hand,Louisville's receivers showed their concentration on their big plays,which in turn,turned into scoring drives.What a lack luster game this was.:(
That's how I saw it too.

Reaction Score
Here's a thought . . . When Randy. Edsall leaves UConn should hire a younger coach who will put some excitement into the game. You know . . . Uconn 52 Louisville 45 . Something like that.
Yeah, but the way RE left, there wasn't a lot of time to do the big search. You had to get a steward in there to keep the passengers on board. That's what it was. And PP is not to blame for all those inexplicable drops today. Those drops lost us the game. No young firebrand could have changed that. You said in another post that RE could not recruit BCS level. He recruits BCS, just very low BCS level. We have a bunch of one and two stars who are not elite playmakers. Just not. But all those drops today! It looked like they were taking a dive. No other way to put it.

Reaction Score
Yeah exciting is better than embarrassing.

A loss is a loss. A win is a win. Period. I don't care how we win, as long as we win. And the fact we scored 50 points in a loss instead of 6 makes no difference.

Reaction Score
Our fanbase today deserved the level of play it got. That was an embarassing effort by students, fans and alumni alike. We are probably further from having BCS championship fan support than we are from having BCS championship coaching.
I didn't think that was embarrassing for the fans. What do you want fans to do? It was a pathetic performance by our receivers. Simply unwatchable. I'm surprised people stayed as long as they did. And if this keeps up, they won't come in the first place. This receiving corp is just beyond words.

Reaction Score
I don't blame the fans for walking out with 8 minutes to go, but I do blame PP for waving the white flag at the same point.

Reaction Score
I didn't think that was embarrassing for the fans. What do you want fans to do? It was a pathetic performance by our receivers. Simply unwatchable. I'm surprised people stayed as long as they did. And if this keeps up, they won't come in the first place. This receiving corp is just beyond words.

Totally agree. Don't worry about Biz, he's old school nostaligic. But with a lot of groupies, so he'll survive another abysmal offensive outing and put it on the crowd leaving early.

Reaction Score
Our secondary is not physical, no one is hitting with any authority out there this year. Didn't Gratz have a missed tackle on the opening Kickoff? It looked like a drunk running down the field for Louisville with the ball and no one wanted to put him on the ground.

McCummings inept throw on his one pass attempt with no pressure on him and no-one around the receiver was a bigger screwup than Reyes penalty. It is like pulling teeth for us to score and that was 6 points down the drain.
Does anyone think Calhoun would have kept I Moore in the game after the second drop let alone the first? Nail his butt to the bench.
McCoombs fell down running forward with no-one putting a hand on him again!
The long completion over Wilburn to help get L-Ville to 28 points. Where is Taylor Mack Coach? Is it any surprise that they went there with the ball?
Wilson's dropped interception in front of the UConn bench didn't help.
Without playing exciting football we are going to see less butts in the seats and that is going to put the pressure on the Coach's. People leave early because there is nothing happening to make them want to stay. When they don't even show up for the game it's not a good sign. If we stink it up like this against Rutgers it'll be the team and the boneyarders at the Rent next year. Sit where ever you want.

Reaction Score
Attendance matches the offense. The anticipation as kickoff approaches ZZzzzzzzz. Somebody wake PP up it's almost game time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Don't worry about Biz, he's old school nostaligic. But with a lot of groupies, so he'll survive another abysmal offensive outing and put it on the crowd leaving early.

Yeah Biz is crazy thinking our 'fans' should actually sit through the game. That's 'old school nosaligic' for the fans to not give up in a winnable game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you get a second note that Penn State is 9-2 and is the first FBS team in over a decade to win 4 games when scoring 17 points or less. They won today on the road without scoring in the second half.

Reaction Score
Yeah Biz is crazy thinking our 'fans' should actually sit through the game. That's 'old school nosaligic' for the fans to not give up in a winnable game.

Winnable? Now you gone done it. Credibility or Biz (in this particular case). Your choice.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Winnable? Now you gone done it. Credibility or Biz, your choi

Yeah that game wasn't winnable in the fourth quarter. Yet they had the ball and a chance to tie when it 'ended'.

Reaction Score
Yeah that game wasn't winnable in the fourth quarter. Yet they had the ball and a chance to tie when it 'ended'.

Yeah. That's how most felt. Only needed a quick TD and a 2 pt conversion. How do you not believe with that point a millenium offense?

Reaction Score
The screen pass drop sucked. Two blockers were out front ready to go. Nothing like that to keep an aggressive defense off balance. Oh well.

What about the IMG deal that makes it a deal with the devil for game day experience?

As far as PP, hopefully he'll be gone before the start of the 2013 season. I have no confidence in his game preparation, adjustments and, most importantly, his ability to motivate his players. He may be a good man, but with the great riches thrusted at a BCS head coach come some quite heavy expectations. Personally, I am not a fan of the head coach visibly sulking and repetitively head shaking on the sidelines. That privilege is afforded to those who pay his salary.

Dynamic and imaginative with an absolute devotion to details is what I want.

Reaction Score
Come on on! You mean HCPP wasn't a good hire. He's only 62. . . He'll get better. Or maybe Randy didn't know under-the-radars. Maybe that was code for "that's all I could get".
A totally ignorant rant, but thanks for spewing. NONE of the players were recruited by PP. Is it HIS fault they don't seem capable of the very basics of football (running, blocking, tackling, catching, throwing, keeping focus, etc)? He is doing OK with what he was left with. I have some huge issues with the strategy of offense, defense, and special teams, but let's face facts... the coaches can't PLAY.

Reaction Score
Not really about the Huskies. Just that because they've become so inept there are fewer people to watch the band.

Don't you have to be "ept" before you can become inept?

Listening to you for the past 8 years we've always been inept.

Reaction Score
At the very least, PP could adjust to what he has. McEntee is not good passer at the FBS level. His last TD pass was probably the best play I ever saw him make. Maybe we should fire John Fox from the Broncos.

Reaction Score
At the very least, PP could adjust to what he has. McEntee is not good passer at the FBS level. His last TD pass was probably the best play I ever saw him make. Maybe we should fire John Fox from the Broncos.

John Fox is 55 years old and is in the first year of a 4 year deal that pays him 3.25 mil a year ... what do you think it would take to bring him to Storrs??? 800k/yr and the use of a Monaco Ford Taurus???

Reaction Score
I think there was more than 7.This had to be the worst game I witnessed by a group of receivers.They showed a total lack of concentration.Catch before You run!On the other hand,Louisville's receivers showed their concentration on their big plays,which in turn,turned into scoring drives.What a lack luster game this was.:(

I rewatched the game this morning - it was at least 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom