The view from 30,000 feet | The Boneyard

The view from 30,000 feet

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
  • 11-12. Give it the smell test. You have to be a minimum of 41 years old to recognize that odor.
  • San Francisco (12-12) didn't have a program for a few decades - they lost to St. Mary's by 36 on Thursday but on a neutral court they would be favored over UConn
  • The ACC, Big East and Big 10 are playing their conference tournaments in New York City. UConn will be losing in the first round in a tournament held in Orlando. Florida. Orlando, Florida.
  • The football team finished 113th in the composite computer rankings in the recently finished season.
  • That football team graduated it's 8 or so best players.
  • The athletic department has so little gravitas in it's own state it can't employ one of the few people with any positive energy (Corey Edsall) without spending a few million dollars litigating an employee who makes 90k.
  • Every assistant football coach catches Negative Connecticut Derangement Syndrome. The only cure for NCDS is accepting a job anywhere that provides medical insurance.
  • Sadly 50% of marriages end in divorce, yet somehow the Republic and economy survive.
  • The most public alumnus of the football program somehow ended up calling the current athletic director names in a newspaper that is given away by hobos on the subway. This mess is so dysfunctional that he doesn't even care to make a cursory apology when given three opportunities.
  • On the rare occasion the program that won 4 national championships (in what seems like a prior lifetime) beats a team with a pulse - news is leaked to a New Haven Register columnist that the this wildly successful program is under NCAA investigation.
Here is your cherry on this delicious sundae: The investigation is bad. Like get ready to argue you can't change history bad.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1024x1024.jpg

Reaction Score
  • 11-12. Give it the smell test. You have to be a minimum of 41 years old to recognize that odor.
  • San Francisco (12-12) didn't have a program for a few decades - they lost to St. Mary's by 36 on Thursday but on a neutral court they would be favored over UConn
  • The ACC, Big East and Big 10 are playing their conference tournaments in New York City. UConn will be losing in the first round in a tournament held in Orlando. Florida. Orlando, Florida.
  • The football team finished 113th in the composite computer rankings in the recently finished season.
  • The athletic department has so little gravitas in it's own state it can't employ one of the few people with any positive energy (Corey Edsall) without spending a few million dollars litigating an employee who makes 90k.
  • Every assistant football coach catches Negative Connecticut Derangement Syndrome. The only cure for NCDS is accepting a job anywhere that provides medical insurance.
  • Sadly 50% of marriages end in divorce, yet somehow the Republic and economy survive.
  • The most public alumnus of the football program somehow ended up calling the current athletic director names in a newspaper that is given away by hobos on the subway. This mess is so dysfunctional that he doesn't even care to make a cursory apology when given three opportunities.
  • On the rare occasion the program that won 4 national championships (in what seems like a prior lifetime) beats a team with a pulse - news is leaked to a New Haven Register columnist that the this wildly successful program is under NCAA investigation.
Here is your cherry on this delicious sundae: The investigation is bad. Like get ready to argue you can't change history bad.

So you're saying there's still hope?

Reaction Score
So you're saying a kid playing on the 2014 team should have been ineligible. AND... as we all know, those weren't Ollie's kids!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Does a losing record smell better when you're younger? A turd is a turd.

Reaction Score
And this is based on what exactly?

We all understand that the APR thing was a sham.

That being said, Emmert didn't wake up one morning and call the NCAA investigators to say "its time to start another investigation into UConn" just because he has a chubby for the achool. That's not how it works.

Also, the NCAA rarely starts an investigation where they don't end up with some results.

This could be minor or it could be major but the chances that there won't be some sanctions coming from this are very slim.

The chances that it has no effect on the program is highly unlikely

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you're saying a kid playing on the 2014 team should have been ineligible. AND... as we all know, those weren't Ollie's kids!

Does the silence mean anything?

C

Chief00

Does the silence mean anything?

Nothing Emmert would like more than to retroactively re-ban the hungry huskies.

Whaler11 - Another item to add to your list. I am still trying to process the recent Geno comments:
1) I was surprised he had to park in the garage and pay for parking. That really shocks me, if true. I assumed he had a reserve parking spot next to Werth.
2) I am somewhat surprised Geno was so openly critical of ticket prices and scheduling. Two AD Dept responsibilities.

So between items 1 and 2, Geno publicly called Dave’s management style out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
We need to prepare a video of the look on Emmert's face when Shabazz said, "This is what happens when you ban us!" And we'll call it Emmert's revenge! Let that meme take hold. Better yet, couple it with Shabazz talking about all this money coming into the NCAA, and the athletes starving! Then show Emmert's revenge.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Nothing Emmert would like more than to retroactively re-ban the hungry huskies.

Whaler11 - Another item to add to your list. I am still trying to process the recent Geno comments:
1) I was surprised he had to park in the garage and pay for parking. That really shocks me, if true. I assumed he had a reserve parking spot next to Werth.
2) I am somewhat surprised Geno was so openly critical of ticket prices and scheduling. Two AD Dept responsibilities.

So between items 1 and 2, Geno publicly called Dave’s management style out.

Can confirm Geno, Ko, Calhoun and Diaco all had spots on campus when I was there. Diaco was in south garage, Geno and KO next to the Werth Center and Calhoun parked on his street.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Two AD Dept responsibilities.

Edsall called it out first.

You probably know better than I - but I’ve always understood the relationship between Edsall and Geno to be good.

I don’t imagine the two instances are coincidences. I also imagine it doesn’t reflect well on the relationships with those two coaches and their ‘boss’.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Washington completed the Arizona road sweep tonight... you can’t make it up.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Nothing could more perfectly sum up the greed and mismanagement of this athletic department than Geno Auriemma, recognizable to anyone, rolling down his window, on his way to work, across the street from Gampel Pavilion...and being asked for twelve dollars.

Its too perfect. The symbolism is incredible.

Reaction Score
Things are less than ideal.

But, do you have inside info regarding the investigation?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Apparently you can make it up, because the games were both at home. And Arizona State isn't that good.

Good call. They swept UA and ASU at home.

Sure Arizona State isn’t good... and Washington was what last year in the Pac12 with the number one pick in the NBA draft?

I’ll spoil it. They were 2 and 16. Two and Sixteen.

With a new staff they are 7-3 and favored in 5 of their last 8.

UConn lost at home and dropped to #168. Which terrible coaching staff should we recruit this offseason?

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Can confirm Geno, Ko, Calhoun and Diaco all had spots on campus when I was there. Diaco was in south garage, Geno and KO next to the Werth Center and Calhoun parked on his street.
Calhoun was always a street person. Ha ha

Reaction Score

But it comes with a free frogurt!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom