The USF Record To Date... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The USF Record To Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
How they lost to LBSU is still a head shaker.
Currently watching LBSU host Hawaii and the score after one was 6-5 LBSU.
At the half it has picked up to 20-17, LBSU leads.
The Big West is not very good this season.
Hopefully I can stay up for the 2nd half.

Also, watched the USF vs Tulane 2nd half the other night. Not impressed.

At the time, I posted the results of the LBSU game, I simply said "No excuses".

I have a few theories:

USF players were already counting that as a win before starting and looking ahead to playing Oklahoma State and then Oregon State.

So, it was definitely a "trap" game both literally and figuratively.

From the outset LBSU trapped USF players from the moment they touched the ball. They put more defensive pressure on us than any other team we had played this season. Perhaps, that is why there was such a low score in the first period of their Hawaii game.

At one point, in the 2nd, we were up by 10 points on them, but they cut that to three at the half.

When it was close at the end, we got some attrocious calls which prevented us from winning.

The announcers said "The refs should be the ones heading to the losers bracket."

Our coach had previously worried that the team was getting too full of themselves. So, perhaps, the loss got them to change their attitude.

As for Tulane, their RPI was in the 30's at game time. They had won eleven in a row since last year. They did in fact beat NCSt there 63-58. As you know, NCSt has since beaten both ND, @FSU and lost by one point yesterday to Miami.

We were up 15 on Tulane near the end and they closed that margin in garbage time to 9 ponts: 62-53.

I didn't think we played one of our better games against them, but we still were able to win comfortably.

Reaction Score
USF is a well-coached team with good players, but Courtney Williams was the only player I feared on the Bulls team. She could take Stewie & even Mo off the dribble, elevate quickly & bury her jump shot. The only Husky capable of guarding her was Gabby.

With CW now in the pros the Huskies take this game comfortably by 20+.
Wish I had the screenshot, but last years game Courtney went over Gabby from behind to grab a rebound. One of my favorite plays of the year.... gotta respect a great play.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Laksa has been playing with a broken finger with two chips on her shooting hand. Two of her fingers have been taped for quite a number of games. As to be expected, she has not been the same ever since. Her numbers and shooting percentage are well off her normal standard .

Laura F hasn't played in a number of games. She is wearing a boot on her left foot and is not expected to be able to play @Uconn.

Having said that, I think USF can still keep the margin somewhere around 25 points.

I'm hopeful that freshman Jazz Bond can get some minutes. She has been a long time teammate of Crystal Dangerfield. She is a 6'4 guard and skinny as a rail. She had one good game recently. The one where we scored 129 points. She is primarily a 3-point shooter.

USF is still a work in progress.

We added six new players. However, one of them, Enna P from Denmark is out for the entire season with a torn ACL. We had expected her to be a major contributor, since she averaged 18 ppg for her national team and is very athletic. She is probably the one player on our current roster similar to Courtney Williams.

Freshman Tamara Henshaw has been starting recently. In fact, she earned AAC freshman this week. She is a post player who is an effective rebounder and able score around the basket. She is only about 6'2, but has a wide body.

Freshman D Nagy (Norway) has shown improvement and, as a result, has earned increase playing time. Of all the new players, she has the most potential, over the long term.

USF players seem to relish playing UCONN. Unlike some teams, they are looking forward to the game.

Thanks for you candid comments on USF. Always appreciate a solid review.
One thing about LBSU is that they have done a lot more trapping this year then in the past. I just didnt see enough offensive talent to beat you.
Best wishes for the Bulls, except next game, the last regular season game in Florida and in the AAC tournament. Always like your coach. I watched Orekhova in HS a few times, glad she ended up in your neck of the woods.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
How they lost to LBSU is still a head shaker.
Currently watching LBSU host Hawaii and the score after one was 6-5 LBSU.
At the half it has picked up to 20-17, LBSU leads.

I think you have answered your own question. Apparently LBSU is a juggernaut! Every time we check out their games, they're winning.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I can't recall seeing a record with 12 wins that said so little about a team.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I can't recall seeing a record with 12 wins that said so little about a team.

That's because it is all part of a master plan by our coach to lull UCONN into thinking we will be easy to beat.

Reaction Score
I've tutored ESL off and on over the years and have never failed to be impressed by young people who leave home to attend university as soon as they work out a second language, much less do that and participate in this level of athletic pursuits. It makes me happy just to see y'all on the court. Those girls are already winners regardless of a score.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've tutored ESL off and on over the years and have never failed to be impressed by young people who leave home to attend university as soon as they work out a second language, much less do that and participate in this level of athletic pursuits. It makes me happy just to see y'all on the court. Those girls are already winners regardless of a score.
I don't think Svet Abrosimova spoke English very well when she went to UConn and she managed to be a pretty good player and student.

Reaction Score
I don't think Svet Abrosimova spoke English very well when she went to UConn and she managed to be a pretty good player and student.
Yeahhhhh my observation pretty much applies to anyone, anywhere who does it. Even the guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom