Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what exactly we can learn from their record, but here it is:

IMG_1489.JPG

Reaction Score
Good start.

Not a single top 50 opponent - I assume everyone is concerned about how USF has not prepared itself.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How they lost to LBSU is still a head shaker.
Currently watching LBSU host Hawaii and the score after one was 6-5 LBSU.
At the half it has picked up to 20-17, LBSU leads.
The Big West is not very good this season.
Hopefully I can stay up for the 2nd half.

Also, watched the USF vs Tulane 2nd half the other night. Not impressed.

Reaction Score
I think I'll not lose any sleep over this one.:)

Reaction Score
The only chance they have of beating UConn is to hit 20 3-point shots. Not going to happen.

Reaction Score
Despite what Geno likes to grouse about, this year's Huskies are really, really tough. After nearly a week's rest and practice, they will come out looking for #90 before a frenzied crowd and a national TV audience. They will be sky high. Lou will hit the first 3 with the crowd standing and the place will go crazy for the next 40 minutes of play. Sure, there will be periods of bad play and USF will keep it somewhat within reach. But the kids will be charged, everyone gets to play, and it will be a truly great night. Too bad they go for the new record away and not on national TV. Tuesday night will have to do!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USF is the best three shooting team UConn will face. Kitija Laksa has hit most of their three point baskets. If UConn shuts her down, don't see how USF can pull off the upset. If she has a hot shooting day, then USF has the ability to pull off the upset.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
USF is the best three shooting team UConn will face. Kitija Laksa has hit most of their three point baskets. If UConn shuts her down, don't see how USF can pull off the upset. If she has a hot shooting day, then USF has the ability to pull off the upset.
Just put Gabby on her and Kitija will have a Jessica Shepard like 1 for 13 night.

Reaction Score
Despite what Geno likes to grouse about, this year's Huskies are really, really tough. After nearly a week's rest and practice, they will come out looking for #90 before a frenzied crowd and a national TV audience. They will be sky high. Lou will hit the first 3 with the crowd standing and the place will go crazy for the next 40 minutes of play. Sure, there will be periods of bad play and USF will keep it somewhat within reach. But the kids will be charged, everyone gets to play, and it will be a truly great night. Too bad they go for the new record away and not on national TV. Tuesday night will have to do!

You are right--this team is so tough--even nice gentle caring Natalie Butler got an offensive foul for knocking a post around under the basket--I yelled yippee she finally got it--I'm sure Geno and Christine were thinking the same.
when a kid like KLS can play with a broken foot or where she heads to the sideline to vomit--then takes over the scoring in the 3rd quarter---the only name for this group is TOUGH
I like Uconn playing this team--they always makes the game with uconn interesting.

Whether Uconn scores it's 90th win on national TV or not---in most sport media outlets --they shall report --Uconn Women win number Ninety--Yawn, Yawn, Yawn!! It's not like it was a MEN's team Winning !! Yea I know I'm biased.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
USF is a well-coached team with good players, but Courtney Williams was the only player I feared on the Bulls team. She could take Stewie & even Mo off the dribble, elevate quickly & bury her jump shot. The only Husky capable of guarding her was Gabby.

With CW now in the pros the Huskies take this game comfortably by 20+.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Go back and look at USF's box scores. Not that impressive. Laksa's shooting percentage is not that impressive at all. She is a volume shooter. Volume shooters do not fair well against UConn. I would dare say she will have Kia in her face the entire game.

Now I'm still leary of USF. Over the years they have been the team in the AAC that has played us the toughest. Give them their due.

But we still win #90.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Stop Laska we win. I still think we win even if we don't stop her but since she takes the most shots for USF & about double the shots of the next person on the list I say we make her inefficient and we win comfortably.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice beatdowns by USF over UNC and Georgia. Like everyone else, I am shocked they lost to LBSU. But... like ND losing to NC State (who is obviously a lot better) or SC losing to Duke (who is a lot better) it goes to show how tremendously difficult it is for teams to be at the very top of their games every night.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

Laksa has been playing with a broken finger with two chips on her shooting hand. Two of her fingers have been taped for quite a number of games. As to be expected, she has not been the same ever since. Her numbers and shooting percentage are well off her normal standard .

Laura F hasn't played in a number of games. She is wearing a boot on her left foot and is not expected to be able to play @Uconn.

Having said that, I think USF can still keep the margin somewhere around 25 points.

I'm hopeful that freshman Jazz Bond can get some minutes. She has been a long time teammate of Crystal Dangerfield. She is a 6'4 guard and skinny as a rail. She had one good game recently. The one where we scored 129 points. She is primarily a 3-point shooter.

USF is still a work in progress.

We added six new players. However, one of them, Enna P from Denmark is out for the entire season with a torn ACL. We had expected her to be a major contributor, since she averaged 18 ppg for her national team and is very athletic. She is probably the one player on our current roster similar to Courtney Williams.

Freshman Tamara Henshaw has been starting recently. In fact, she earned AAC freshman this week. She is a post player who is an effective rebounder and able score around the basket. She is only about 6'2, but has a wide body.

Freshman D Nagy (Norway) has shown improvement and, as a result, has earned increase playing time. Of all the new players, she has the most potential, over the long term.

USF players seem to relish playing UCONN. Unlike some teams, they are looking forward to the game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Laksa has been playing with a broken finger with two chips on her shooting hand. Two of her fingers have been taped for quite a number of games. As to be expected, she has not been the same ever since. Her numbers and shooting percentage are well off her normal standard .

Laura F hasn't played in a number of games. She is wearing a boot on her left foot and is not expected to be able to play @Uconn.

Having said that, I think USF can still keep the margin somewhere around 25 points.

I'm hopeful that freshman Jazz Bond can get some minutes. She has been a long time teammate of Crystal Dangerfield. She is a 6'4 guard and skinny as a rail. She had one good game recently. The one where we scored 129 points. She is primarily a 3-point shooter.

USF is still a work in progress.

We added six new players. However, one of them, Enna P from Denmark is out for the entire season with a torn ACL. We had expected her to be a major contributor, since she averaged 18 ppg for her national team and is very athletic. She is probably the one player on our current roster similar to Courtney Williams.

Freshman Tamara Henshaw has been starting recently. In fact, she earned AAC freshman this week. She is a post player who is an effective rebounder and able score around the basket. She is only about 6'2, but has a wide body.

Freshman D Nagy (Norway) has shown improvement and, as a result, has earned increase playing time. Of all the new players, she has the most potential, over the long term.

USF players seem to relish playing UCONN. Unlike some teams, they are looking forward to the game.
Ouch!! You guys are truly the walking wounded. Congrats on the Bulls success despite the injuries.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But what about a red wolf ? :cool: (arkansas state)
OK, you got me on a technicality...but if we confine the discussion to domestic canines, I'll still take a Husky over a Bulldog.....:oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OK, you got me on a technicality...but if we confine the discussion to domestic canines, I'll still take a Husky over a Bulldog.....:oops:

Off topic...... but I think UMBC has the best dog mascot... the Retrievers.

Umbc_retriev_logo.png

I apologize for taking this thread in a different direction :oops:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The only chance they have of beating UConn is to hit 20 3-point shots. Not going to happen.

I would gladly settle for just 16 again and see what happens. :cool:

"USF’s 16 three-pointers against FIU (Nov. 30) are the most three-pointers of any team in the American Athletic Conference this season. The top mark in conference history is 18 set by UConn at UC Davis on Nov. 14, 2014. The 16 three-pointers list second in The American history."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom