The upcoming clash w Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The upcoming clash w Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's going to be a snoozefest. I hope above all hopes that it will be a Noon game so this season can finally end. Two God awful teams playing in what will likely be a cold and windy December Rent is a recipe for disaster. Hope we can get a win for the Senior class.

I hope it's a 12 pm start so we can see the SEC championship game at 5 pm.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
The refs took it from you? That's funny. Always the refs fault. Do you blame the refs for Memphis not getting into the SEC?

Yep, they did...looks like they stole all if UConns wins away.

I don't want into the SEC...I would much prefer you guys stay stuck here...I like the AAC...and love hearing the UConn/Cincy fans complain.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
If you guys give it a chance, the AAC will be a very good conference...last I looked:

UCF is 7-1
Cincy is 7-2
Houston is 7-2
ECU is 7-2
Tulane is 6-4
Navy is 5-4 (and should have no problem getting to 6)

The rest of us have great potential...SMU, Tulsa, UConn, etc won't be down long.

Reaction Score
The University of Phoenix online will be in the Pac 12 before Houston joins the SEC.
You never know. I am just parroting. No emotions invested for me in that. I couldn't care.

Reaction Score
If you guys give it a chance, the AAC will be a very good conference...last I looked:

UCF is 7-1
Cincy is 7-2
Houston is 7-2
ECU is 7-2
Tulane is 6-4
Navy is 5-4 (and should have no problem getting to 6)

The rest of us have great potential...SMU, Tulsa, UConn, etc won't be down long.
Personally, I do agree the conference is somewhat decent. But just about all of those schools would join rich ancient traditions in a heartbeat. Navy will be the oldest program, Cincinnati the second oldest, and UConn the third.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
A basketball line up of UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, Tulsa, UCF, even SMU with Larry Brown...isn't bad either.

UConn will also end up getting ~6 million per year, for the next 5 years (TV money/Exit Fees/NCAA credits from C7 and UL)...things could be much worse for UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's going to be a snoozefest. I hope above all hopes that it will be a Noon game so this season can finally end. Two God awful teams playing in what will likely be a cold and windy December Rent is a recipe for disaster. Hope we can get a win for the Senior class.

I hope it'll be a 5am game so I can sleep through my alarm clock and miss it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A basketball line up of UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, Tulsa, UCF, even SMU with Larry Brown...isn't bad either.

UConn will also end up getting ~6 million per year, for the next 5 years (TV money/Exit Fees/NCAA credits from C7 and UL)...things could be much worse for UConn.

Well, no, not really. Things are about as bad they can be. We'd need an earthquake, a plague or at the very least, locusts for things to get any worse.

God bless you, but that list of schools blew a blood vessel in my brain.

The damage to my soul was worse.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Well, no, not really. Things are about as bad they can be. We'd need an earthquake, a plague or at the very least, locusts for things to get any worse.

Try getting "excited" about playing UAB, USM, and UTEP.

Tomorrow Cincy and BYU could head to the Big 12 and Navy decides to back out...I've just decided to be thankful we're where we are with the teams we've got.

Reaction Score

Tomorrow Cincy and BYU could head to the Big 12 and Navy decides to back out...I've just decided to be thankful we're where we are with the teams we've got.

I can't believe it's come to worrying about what Cincinnati and BYU will do. I can't believe it's come to worrying about Navy. Navy! I can't believe we are having "we" conversations with Memphis. FML.

Reaction Score

Holy s hit I have just seen the future.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I get that - perspective is perspective.

And trust us, we expect things to get worse because, for us, things just keep getting worse.

If you can find a more miserable fan base to interact with than we will be for the foreseeable future, I will be impressed.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I can't believe it's come to worrying about what Cincinnati and BYU will do. I can't believe it's come to worrying about Navy. Navy! I can't believe we are having "we" conversations with Memphis. FML.

Well, I'm glad to be in a conference with UConn...I just hope we can earn the respect of your fans.

I like Navy...hell, I'd love to get Army football and 1 more all-sport member.

Reaction Score

Memphis is like a High School with ashtrays. We'll probably lose to them anyways.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm glad to be in a conference with UConn...I just hope we can earn the respect of your fans.

sure why not? I'm hoping for Tunxis CC because it'll be easy for me to get to the games. I'll just ride my bicycle over and strap my tailgate gear to my baby-trailer.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I also wouldn't mind adding VCU or WSU to offset Navy football only.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Don't be offended, but we spent millions to join a BCS football conference. We were the dominant athletic program in the best basketball conference in the country. Now we're watching CUSA football and wondering if it's going to suck our basketball programs down the irrelevancy toilet.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You see? There. Right there. Only suggest those types of teams to join us if you were sincere about "liking to hear UConn and Cincy fans complain."

For full disclosure, I like some of the teams in the AAC, and I think that there are many undervalued programs in the league. UCF and Houston easily qualify for that category. I wish positive things for Memphis when they aren't playing us. And I enjoy when I hear about Case Keenum throwing to Ryan Griffin for an "AAC" touchdown for the Houston Texans. But we don't want to be in a conference with VCU. We don't want Old Dominion (sorry, Butchy). We don't want College of Charleston, or UNC-Charlotte. Just....just no....

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If we leave feel free to add whomever you wish. Otherwise, stockpiling schools with no options is shortsighted. At least for now we get the benefit of round robin scheduling, even if some of the opponents are ciphers.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I don't think Memphis was irrelevant in CUSA.

The BE was the sixth best football conference...the AAC is the sixth best football conference...but I do understand...we signed up for a conference that had UL, Rutgers, the C7, and the promise of a very good TV contract.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The BE was the sixth best football conference...

I know that is what all of the media said, so you just assume it was true. But in our worst years, the old BE was the 5th best football conference...in our best years probably 3rd or 4th.

Reaction Score
I don't think Memphis was irrelevant in CUSA.

The BE was the sixth best football conference...the AAC is the sixth best football conference...but I do understand...we signed up for a conference that had UL, Rutgers, the C7, and the promise of a very good TV contract.

Mountain West is better than the AAC in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom