The Undefeated: Next to Fall? | The Boneyard

The Undefeated: Next to Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here’s a list of the Undefeated Teams going into Sunday. How many will survive the Day?
5 are idle today.

Arkansas- 11-0 (ark St)
UVA - 11-0 (Morgan St)

Indiana - 10-0

LSU -9-0
tOSU - 9-0 (Mich St)
SoCal - 9-0
St John’s 9-0 (Bethune Cookman)
VaTech 9-0 (BC)

Kansas 8-0
Rice 8-0
SCar 8-0 (Liberty)
Utah 8-0 (Wichita St)

One MIGHT lose today. tOSU and VaZtevh face conference opponents,

Reaction Score
Here’s a list of the Undefeated Teams going into Sunday. How many will survive the Day?
5 are idle today.

Arkansas- 11-0 (ark St)
UVA - 11-0 (Morgan St)

Indiana - 10-0

LSU -9-0
tOSU - 9-0 (Mich St)
SoCal - 9-0
VaTech 9-0 (BC)

Kansas 8-0
Rice 8-0
SCar 8-0 (Liberty)
Utah 8-0 (Wichita St)

all these undefeated teams will lose by tournament time, most are only undefeated cause of weak schedules!

Reaction Score
LSU and Arkansas (except one game) have had super weak schedules. For LSU it’s embarrassing it has been so weak.
Arkansas St, formerly UA LR isn't Arkansas that's Fayetteville, Ark--The Razorbacks are typically the better team. Unlike UA Pinebluff

Reaction Score
Arkansas St, formerly UA LR isn't Arkansas that's Fayetteville, Ark--The Razorbacks are typically the better team. Unlike UA Pinebluff
Uhm. , yes I know the names of the teams. Arkansas plays Arkansas State today.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm gonna go with USC losing to UCLA on 12/15

I think Arkansas, VATech, and LSU will all lose this week too.

I'll go out on a limb and say Seton Hall and South Carolina won't lose till 2023.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
LSU will lose as soon as they play a contending team.

I kind of agree with you on this, the highest Massey rated team that LSU has played so far is Tulane and they are rated #82. Coach Mulkey just lucked out, today's game against #338 was cancelled so she stays undefeated so far this season.

Here are the teams with their current Massey ratings that LSU has faced so far this season.

Tulane #82
UAB #145
SE Louisiana #199
George Mason #207
Houston Christian #280
Bellamine #310
W. Carolina #334
Northwestern St #342
Mississippi Valley St #356

She did the same thing while at Baylor, there is a reason why she has so many wins as a coach, she schedules teams like these before the conference schedule begins. Out of the top 60 Massey rated teams, she has the weakest SOS with a rating of 237. The closest to her is W. Virginia and they are rated #56 and has a SOS of 228.

Reaction Score
She did the same thing while at Baylor, there is a reason why she has so many wins as a coach, she schedules teams like these before the conference schedule begins.
I wonder if it would be possible to do a historical study of the Massey ratings of the teams scheduled by all the great coaches. I don’t really want to do this. But your remark suggests it.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
5 are idle today.

Arkansas- 11-0 (ark St)
UVA - 11-0 (Morgan St)

Indiana - 10-0

LSU -9-0
tOSU - 9-0 (Mich St)
SoCal - 9-0
VaTech 9-0 (BC)

Kansas 8-0
Rice 8-0
SCar 8-0 (Liberty)
Utah 8-0 (Wichita St)

Not much chance for South Carolina to fall, with the cup cake schedule.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree with you on this, the highest Massey rated team that LSU has played so far is Tulane and they are rated #82. Coach Mulkey just lucked out, today's game against #338 was cancelled so she stays undefeated so far this season.

Here are the teams with their current Massey ratings that LSU has faced so far this season.

Tulane #82
UAB #145
SE Louisiana #199
George Mason #207
Houston Christian #280
Bellamine #310
W. Carolina #334
Northwestern St #342
Mississippi Valley St #356

She did the same thing while at Baylor, there is a reason why she has so many wins as a coach, she schedules teams like these before the conference schedule begins. Out of the top 60 Massey rated teams, she has the weakest SOS with a rating of 237. The closest to her is W. Virginia and they are rated #56 and has a SOS of 228.
While I was living in Texas, Mulkey's Baylor schedule some years was so weak the press would hardly follow the team early in the season. Per previous posts, you rarely knew how good the team was until mid-January.

Reaction Score
Not much chance for South Carolina to fall, with the cup cake schedule.
Let's see: Last year we had the hardest schedule in the county. We didn't fall to any highly ranked teams. Instead, we lost to Kentucky and a weak Mizzou team.

This year, Massey says we have played the 6th toughest schedule, with the 5th toughest moving forward. RPI has us ranked fourth in SOS. We have played Stanford, Maryland and UCLA. We play a decent South Dakota State on the road tonight. They have a history of competing with us. Two creampuffs follow. Then we start our conference schedule - with an OOC at UConn in mid-conference season.

I don't predict an undefeated year even though our SOS is not as good as last year.

BTW @HuskyNan sorry if I posted this on the wrong board. Please move to the General

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's see: Last year we had the hardest schedule in the county. We didn't fall to any highly ranked teams. Instead, we lost to Kentucky and a weak Mizzou team.

This year, Massey says we have played the 6th toughest schedule, with the 5th toughest moving forward. RPI has us ranked fourth in SOS. We have played Stanford, Maryland and UCLA. We play a decent South Dakota State on the road tonight. They have a history of competing with us. Two creampuffs follow. Then we start our conference schedule - with an OOC at UConn in mid-conference season.

I don't predict an undefeated year even though our SOS is not as good as last year.

BTW @HuskyNan sorry if I posted this on the wrong board. Please move to the General
It’s ok here. You can start another thread there if you like

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score

South Carolina has on this year's schedule, 2 top 10 teams and 3 other teams in the top 25. Seems a little weak for a number one team.

Reaction Score
5 are idle today.

Arkansas- 11-0 (ark St)
UVA - 11-0 (Morgan St)

Indiana - 10-0

LSU -9-0
tOSU - 9-0 (Mich St)
SoCal - 9-0
VaTech 9-0 (BC)

Kansas 8-0
Rice 8-0
SCar 8-0 (Liberty)
Utah 8-0 (Wichita St)

You are doing this so that you can show South Carolina to be the only team left in about two weeks. Cheap trick. You always have the best post player in the country. How can you lose?

Reaction Score
You are doing this so that you can show South Carolina to be the only team left in about two weeks. Cheap trick. You always have the best post player in the country. How can you lose?
We were not the last standing last year. We were beaten by Mizzou.

https://i0./chicagoreader.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/ctpromo-600.jpg?fit=600%2C381

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
South Carolina has on this year's schedule, 2 top 10 teams and 3 other teams in the top 25. Seems a little weak for a number one team.
I wouldn't mention Dawn's scheduling in the same breath as Kim's. ; ) South Carolina has nine teams on the schedule that are either ranked now or were in the preseason. Don't forget Tennessee was #5 in the preseason poll. If the SEC was stronger this season, SCar's schedule would look tougher than it does.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mention Dawn's scheduling in the same breath as Kim's. ; ) South Carolina has nine teams on the schedule that are either ranked now or were in the preseason. Don't forget Tennessee was #5 in the preseason poll. If the SEC was stronger this season, SCar's schedule would look tougher than it does.
If ands and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas. Pre-season rankings had Texas and Tennessee both number one seeds in bracketology. I can't find any way to make South Carolina schedule look strong. Sorry.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
9-0 USC(west coast) hosts 9-1 UCLA tonight.

Why they schedule a rivalry game at this time of year is beyond me.

UCLA favored by 1 point.

Kat

Reaction Score
Mulkey's Baylor teams won three NCAA championships. I find it interesting that her philosophy is to play a bunch of weak teams rather than challenge her players with a tougher schedule. Results are results, though. More than one way to get it done, I guess, but I'll take the UConn way. In both cases, you need players with a shared mindset to go along with the program. I don't think that the Huskies would be happy with playing a bunch of cupcakes--they'd get bored. One thing about this team, no one gets bored playing or watching.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
#1 The Univ. of Southern California will lose today to UCLA.
#2 Arkansas will lose to Creighton on 12/17.
#3 Virginia Tech will lose to Notre Dame on 12/18.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, @visitingcock I’m watching the South Dakota State game and it’s sort of competitive… but it really shouldn’t be. SC up 14-10 mid-2nd quarter. It shouldn’t be this close. SC should be winning 35-10.

I think this is what everyone’s talking about with these cream puff schedules. Motivation slackens and SC plays a listless first half. Maybe they’ll run away with it in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom