Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes VERY nice article.

Lol at the WaPo editors though. "U-Conn." and "Daly"

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The UConn way is sharing the basketball. 25 assists in last night's game. I read it may be a record for a NC game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There are kids that want to get a good education at the top schools...then there is UConn were you can get the greatest education in BB and a diploma to get a job. Jobs are Just Over Broke. Athletics careers are doing what you love and getting paid very handsomely for it. Funny thing about being an athlete. Many graduate, get a job and have to pay off their student loans. Many College athletes, have no student loans to pay off and many can play the game they love and get paid for it.

Great article Sally

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
There comes a time when you can't deny greatness anymore. Geno & the Uconn way is greatness.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
After the game both Muffet and McBride wanted to say and pretty much did that they lost it - in other words UConn didn't win it. As Stef so eloquently said in this article: "We just kept pushing it at them. We just did what we wanted, and finished it." Now that is the truth and it is senior leadership.

Reaction Score
After the game both Muffet and McBride wanted to say and pretty much did that they lost it - in other words UConn didn't win it. As Stef so eloquently said in this article: "We just kept pushing it at them. We just did what we wanted, and finished it." Now that is the truth and it is senior leadership.

I think it was McBride that mentioned 'it wasn't so much what UConn did but that ND never got into their offensive rhythm.'

I'm thinking maybe UConn had something to do with that. :)

I think McGraw pretty much acknowledged that they couldn't stop UConn.

Reaction Score
I think it was McBride that mentioned 'it wasn't so much what UConn did but that ND never got into their offensive rhythm.'

I would cut McBride about a million miles of slack on that. Unlike an intensely competitive senior who just lost her 3rd championship game, a coach needs to step up to the plate to acknowledge the other team's performance. And McGraw did that.

HuskyJohn

Popular poster
Reaction Score
I agree that this is a very nice article. Not to be a nitpicker, but when Sally says "The Fighting Irish have been the only team to remotely challenge U-Conn.’s dominance in the past two years of back-to-back titles...," she didn't mention Baylor. Even Geno said yesterday that when you have the best team going into the NCAA playoffs, it is definitely a plus for confidence. He went on to say that he felt he did have the best team in each of the years UConn won the title except perhaps for last year.

I agree with those on this board who think we would have won in any case. However, we'll never know thanks to Louiville. :)

Reaction Score

Exactly, and McBride in an interview made it clear that they were outplayed, and that it would not have changed things if their center was healthy and playing.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Great article but Sally best be careful. She now officially is a traitor in Tin Foil Hat Land.

Reaction Score
Loved this article. Best description I have read explaining Geno's offensive dominance; I have always be struck by the "snap, snap, snap" of their passing on offense. I hope her next article will explain how he obtains the defensive dominance.

Reaction Score
Loved this article. Best description I have read explaining Geno's offensive dominance; I have always be struck by the "snap, snap, snap" of their passing on offense. I hope her next article will explain how he obtains the defensive dominance.
The Rutgers game when Stewie lost concentration on a three point shooter, to yell at a Rutgers player who fell down. Geno immediately took Stewie out of the game, asked what she was doing, and told her to take a seat. He expects all his players to keep their head in the game at all times. That was a teaching moment for the whole team, makes no difference what the score, you play as if every possession is necessary to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom