The UConn players’ names - INES, not Inez | The Boneyard

The UConn players’ names - INES, not Inez

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Can we please get our players’ names right?

Inês Bettencourt (from the media guide - ee-NEZSH bet-ten-QUART)
Isuneh “Ice” Brady
Paige Bueckers
Amari DeBerry
Caroline Ducharme
Aaliyah Edwards
Azzi Fudd
Aubrey Griffin
Dorka Juhász
Lou Lopez Sénéchal (sen-eh-shawl)
Nika Mühl
Ayanna Patterson

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How are the names being misused or misspelled?
I have seen Ynez or Inez and a variety of spellings for Aaliyah. I saw a reference to Audrey and a couple Carolinas, too, though the Carolina might be autocorrect

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I just saw variations of Aaliyah and Ayanna in a very recent thread, made a snide comment on it but then deleted it because I felt it wasn't my place to speak up about it being disrespectful (IMO).

Reaction Score
Probably safe to say that Northeastern will have enough of ee nezsh. Who gonna call these games, Daffy Duck? And, is the second “D” Fudd silent?

Reaction Score
It’s nice to get it right.
The ladies deserve it.
But, ya’ gotta’ admit, there ain’t no Smiths or Joneses here.
If anyone thinks the wbb team has some names where the spelling in English does not match up with the how it should be pronounced, take a look at the men’s soccer team roster and consider yourself lucky.

As I said in a previous post, I’ll wait to hear Andy Landers pronounce the names to be sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If anyone thinks the wbb team has some names where the spelling in English does not match up with the how it should be pronounced, take a look at the men’s soccer team roster and consider yourself lucky.

As I said in a previous post, I’ll wait to hear Andy Landers pronounce the names to be sure.
Actually, (I am being serious here) maybe it would be a good idea to have a short video where each player pronounces their name and tack it to the board or have it put into the on line media guide.

Reaction Score
Apparently you haven't been reading some threads. Other day I read "Caro" and "Carol" (two posters) for yeah...Caroline, while Dorka's name was missing the "a".

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
i think i've seen multiple references to 'steph' dolson. it happens so often that i guess many BYers don't even know that it's stef..

sun

Reaction Score
I like her nickname that the team has reportedly given her which is Nesh.
Nesh is not any shorter to type but it's easier to say because it's only 1 syllable instead of 2.
Nesh may also be an easier name to think of/ mentally process.

Last edited:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
The Inez persists….

The thread title-

The UConn players’ names - INES, not Inez​

should be corrected.

The UConn players's names - INÊS, not INES or Inez.

It is easy to type vowels with diacritics on any modern computing device, Windows, Mac, iPad or phones.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the folks who can’t get the names correct did not graduate from UConn. It would reflect poorly on our school!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The thread title-

should be corrected.

It is easy to type vowels with diacritics on any modern computing device, Windows, Mac, iPad or phones.
:rolleyes:

From now on, Nesh !!! and I hope I will have lots of chances to use it. Out of all the highlights in the Kutztown game, she had 2 of the nicest plays. The amazing behind the back pass right on the money in front of Geno and an impeccably well timed setup back door. Also, I really liked the play when she was fouled really hard from behind on a hard running layup and with adrenalin going hard and the chance to score her first points for UConn, she put in 2 super clean non hesitating FT's.

She may actually be a tough competitor that KK has to contend with in the PG discussion in 2023-2024.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thread title-

should be corrected.

Go ahead and write a tutorial on how to add a diacritical mark. I can’t even get people to use an s instead of a z

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Go ahead and write a tutorial on how to add a diacritical mark. I can’t even get people to use an s instead of a z
Well, let's start with something really, really easy: copy and paste. Feel free to copy and re-use any of the following. They should cover the most widely spoken European and North and South and Central American languages using the Roman alphabet. (If you're determined to write Svetlana Abrosimova in the Cyrillic alphabet*, please contact somebody well above my pay grade, like HuskyNan. :p )
A À Á Ä Ã Â
a à á â ä ã
E È É Ë Ê
e è é ë ê
I Í Ì Î Ï
i í ì î ï

O Ò Ó Ô Ö Õ
o ò ó ô ö õ

U Ù Ú Û Ü
u ù ú û ü

On an iPad, just hold down the vowel. A collection of that letter with diacritics will appear. Slide your finger to the one you want to use. Release. That's it!

For Mac OS, Windows, etc. just google “type foreign accents”
and you will find many good tutorials.

For example: Enter characters with accent marks on Mac

Similar support for iOS and Android is easy to find.

* Светлана Абросимова

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, let's start with something really, really easy: copy and paste. Feel free to copy and re-use any of the following. They should cover the most widely spoken European and North and South and Central American languages using the Roman alphabet. (If you're determined to write Svetlana Abrosimova in the Cyrillic alphabet*, please contact somebody well above my pay grade, like HuskyNan. :p )
A À Á Ä Ã Â
a à á â ä ã
E È É Ë Ê
e è é ë ê
I Í Ì Î Ï
i í ì î ï

O Ò Ó Ô Ö Õ
o ò ó ô ö õ

U Ù Ú Û Ü
u ù ú û ü

On an iPad, just hold down the vowel. A collection of that letter with diacritics will appear. Slide your finger to the one you want to use. Release. That's it!

For Mac OS, Windows, etc. just google “type foreign accents”
and you will find many good tutorials.

For example: Enter characters with accent marks on Mac

Similar support for iOS and Android is easy to find.

* Светлана Абросимова
It’s Greek to me!

Reaction Score
You know putting an diacritic on INÊS or others is fine and dandy but if one can't spell or misspells the players names what good is it? INÊZ with a z is still wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom