The two big line up | The Boneyard

The two big line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Overshadowed by numerous events in the L'ville game is that Nolan and TO logged many minutes together. TO at the 4 with Nolan at the 5. Not an entirely successful use of the bigs, at least on Saturday night.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Brimah at the 5 and either a rotation of TO, Facey, or DD at the 4. But I'd like to have DD play the 3.

Reaction Score
Seems like we only saw that lineup because Deandre was in foul trouble in the first half. Hopefully we only see this in emergency situations.

Reaction Score
We should see a heavy dose of Brimah at the 5 tonight as long as he is productive (ish) and can stay out of foul trouble. He should be able to. Temple doesn't depend on driving the lane as much as Louisville does plus AB has a few inches on the Owls 6'10" dude (forget his name) although he is beefier than AB. Overall, I like AB's chances tonight of having a another really good game. But you never know.

caw

Reaction Score
Overshadowed by numerous events in the L'ville game is that Nolan and TO logged many minutes together. TO at the 4 with Nolan at the 5. Not an entirely successful use of the bigs, at least on Saturday night.

The problem is that Nolan/Brimah really limits the offense. Olander is still the best offensive big UConn has.

Not sure why Olander/Brimah wasn't used.

UL is one team UConn can't really go small against, with Giffey at the four.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seems like we only saw that lineup because Deandre was in foul trouble in the first half. Hopefully we only see this in emergency situations.
I don't mind using it as a change up kind of line up for a minute or two.

Reaction Score
When the two big line-up is used for an extended period of time, it really clogs up the middle and limits the ability of the offense

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
the line up that needs to stay as of now is bazz boat kromah daniels and brimah... that is our best line up... im pretty excited to see what samuels brings tonight, i could see him playing the 1 as hes called a pass first pg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
How about this lineup:

1- Tolksdorf
2- Facey
3- Olander
4- Nolan
5- Brimah

They'll be so confused they won't be able to defend us. For 30 seconds.

Reaction Score
How about this lineup:

1- Tolksdorf
2- Facey
3- Olander
4- Nolan
5- Brimah

They'll be so confused they won't be able to defend us. For 30 seconds.

"They'll be so confused.."……..I'm assuming you mean Leon, Kentan, Tyler, Phil and Amidah?:eek:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When the two big line-up is used for an extended period of time, it really clogs up the middle and limits the ability of the offense

Disagree with this. Olander is probably the best passer on the team outside or Bazz and Boat, and he's often been used that way in the past. He's a good zone buster, catching the ball at the top of the key and passing from there. He can shoot from outside as well. He played a good game against UL, one of the few that did. I'd like to see him play more at PF, and slide DD to SF, or play O with Giffey or Calhoun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom