The turning point | The Boneyard

The turning point

Reaction Score
When Akok picked up his second foul and sat on the bench for the rest of the half. Akok needs to be on the floor and Hurley should live or die with him out there. Players should learn how to play with foul trouble. Never was a fan of Calhoun automatically pulling someone immediately after their second foul in the first half

Reaction Score
We were -11 after he went to the bench in the first half.

And -8 also in the 2nd half when he played a bunch.

Reaction Score
When Akok picked up his second foul and sat on the bench for the rest of the half. Akok needs to be on the floor and Hurley should live or die with him out there. Players should learn how to play with foul trouble. Never was a fan of Calhoun automatically pulling someone immediately after their second foul in the first half
The turning point was when we got spurned by both Precious and Kofi

Reaction Score
The turning point was when we got spurned by both Precious and Kofi
Maybe if playing in the the Big East was on the table early on in recruiting these two, we might have fared better or maybe not $0 much.

Reaction Score

No doubt the kid makes a huge difference on the interior defensively. But we don't look to get in him the ball enough so he's not missed a ton on offense. Calhoun's thoughts of pulling them worked out pretty good I'd say and for the most part I agree with it kids just aren't smart enough anymore to keep their hands in their pockets. Yesterday maybe you let the leash out and throw him back in when losing touch but I'm ok with him not getting him back in. At least you should be thinking I have Akok at full strength in the 2nd half when we all play better and get a W. Oh well didn't happen.

Reaction Score
I agree he should have played some of the first half with 2 fouls but one of the biggest problems in college basketball is the refs trying to punish kids playing with 2 fouls. They really go out of their way to try to call another foul on young, talented players playing with fouls. It’s the same paternal crap that makes college basketball hard to watch sometimes.

Reaction Score
I agree he should have played some of the first half with 2 fouls but one of the biggest problems in college basketball is the refs trying to punish kids playing with 2 fouls. They really go out of their way to try to call another foul on young, talented players playing with fouls. It’s the same paternal crap that makes college basketball hard to watch sometimes.
Can you cite an analysis or study that actually shows this "punishing" phenomenon is real? I've seen a lot of posters make similar statements, but, to me, this smacks of unsubstantiated conventional wisdom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom