OT: - The Truth and The NCAA Undo Louisville | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Truth and The NCAA Undo Louisville

HGN

Reaction Score
The Truth Shall Set You Free......................................At least free from any Championship Trophies it seems.

I wonder what , if any , impact this will have on Cardinal WBB? I do wish Walz good fortune in this mess.

Reaction Score
The Truth Shall Set You Free........At least free from any Championship Trophies it seems.

I wonder what , if any , impact this will have on Cardinal WBB? I do wish Walz good fortune in this mess.

They should investigate all of their sports. There was an issue with a UL Lacrosse coach in the fall.

I think the NCAA still has to investigate the $100K given to a recruit(Bowen) so there will be more fallout for UL.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The Truth Shall Set You Free........At least free from any Championship Trophies it seems.

The same impact the UConn Men's basketball investigations and findings have had on the UConn Women's team-No impact.

Reaction Score
When it comes to the NCAA enforcing the rules you have the same problem as the police - you can't catch Them all. Three problems that I see are (I'm sure there are many more):

1. The NCAA rules are such that the schools can manipulate them without consequence - the UNC case being an example.

2. Self reporting schools get punished while schools willing to fight the NCAA get away with infractions in many cases. UConn and Notre Dame vs UNC would be an example of this.

3. In cases like Baylor and MSU it is possible that no NCAA infractions occurred. Although it would appear there are some legal issues those, in all likelihood, will have no effect on the athletics themselves - outside of some admins being prosecuted and/or fired.

As for punishments I would make two proposals. The first is that the coach of a team at the time of an infraction be punished no matter what school they are at. It always amazed me that schools that Calipari was at got sanctioned but he did not. Sure it would hurt the current school of the coach but if you do not punish the coach why would he/she stop cheating. Punishments for a coach could range from a few games suspension to a total banishment from college athletics.

I would also like to see a stop to self-inposed punishment. This has been a vehicle that both Syracuse and UNC took advantage of.

Although it sounds foolish I think the vacation of wins from a coach but not a school is something to consider. These coaches take personal records very seriously and I feel it would have an affect to some extent.

DefenseBB your are correct I should not have said the NCAA is the most corrupt organization in sports. There are many corrupt organizations in sports and which is the most corrupt Probably changes regularly.

Reaction Score
To be clear, I never said that Louisville should not be punished for this conduct, which of course was outrageous and unacceptable. (Having said that, the assertion by one poster that it constituted "sexual violence" is highly debatable. There's no indication that any participants were coerced into participating, or under the age of consent, for example.)

Obviously, I'm not trying to excuse this behavior. My issue here is that the punishment is too severe for this particular infraction, in my opinion. That's also the official position of the school right now, from what I'm reading. Now some will have a different opinion, and that's fine, but I happen to feel strongly about mine.
It took me a day to calm down enough that I wouldn't type something to get me kicked off the Boneyard. Just a little time to research shows approximately 60% of women in the sex industry were victims of sexual abuse as children. Nearly all of them have been physically or sexually abused by 'customers'. The women bear the brunt of punishment handed out in the justice system including more time spent in prison than the men who patronize them. It is unconscionable that a university recruiting athletes considered it acceptable to use illegal sexual activity as an enticement recruits. This is especially true given the well published incidence of violence perpetrated on women by male athletes. It's just one more example of athletic departments who say they treat women equally and fairly but then act in a hostile manner to them. Even under the guise of impermissible benefits, the punishment and out by the NCAA was fair. I don't care what it takes, somehow the message has to be delivered that be a superstar does not entitle you to treat women as property.

This is my opinion and I too feel strongly about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom