The transfer portal opens today | Page 20 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Size and numbers, probably my favorite guard in the portal thus far.
We know, with a few exceptions, the coaching staff want big guards. Nowell is shorter, but plays defense like a pitbull from what I have read.

Reaction Score
How fun would this guy be at UConn. Definitely a fan favorite

His offense is good, but his defense won't cut it. I think that would turn off Hurley and the staff.

Reaction Score
Exactly, but I’d go with Johnell Davis and Vlad from FAU as the package deal.
Can UConn get them, or can any school besides Michigan get them? I do wonder if Johnell Davis and Vlad are using others schools as leverage even against their former coach, Dusty May, to get better NIL deals.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Can UConn get them, or can any school besides Michigan get them? I do wonder if Johnell Davis and Vlad are using others schools as leverage even against their former coach, Dusty May, to get better NIL deals.
Don’t know but they’d be perfect, both Juniors also

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
13/5/5 against Seton Hall and he wasn't at his best.

Personally I am in the let Hurley and company do their magic camp. Two dominant championships in a row earned a little trust (before second guessing later).
He’s a good offensive player, you’re not building an elite defense with him on the floor.

Reaction Score

Conwell would be a priority if I were UConn's GM.

A 6'4 195 guard w/ two years of eligibility, ranked 166th nationally in offensive efficiency and was Indiana State's best defender. Just an all-around three-level scoring two-way guard with dog mentality. Tough kid and played the 3-guard at Indiana State.

Last season's averages: 16.6p, 5.8r, 2.5a, 61.3 2P%, 2.9 3PM, 40.7 3P%, 3.4 FTA, 85.5 FT%, 2.5a, 1.7 TO, 1.1s. Had a rough shooting night against Seton Hall, but grabbed 12 boards and dished a trio.

A plug-and-play Cam Spencer replacement.

Yeah he's a hell of a talent. Sign me up.

Reaction Score
big loss for Seton Hall

That's a huge loss for Seton Hall. I know, or at least read on nj.com, that Seton Hall's NIL situation is not that great and Davis has baby girl so he probably is looking for the bag and I can't blame him. I don't think he has anything against Shaheen or his teammates or that he looks down on Seton Hall's prospects for next year.

Nevertheless, he is good quality player. I wonder if UConn gives him a look.

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Nashburn Jr? Patino wants him at St. Johns, Jamaal said he wants Jr to keep looking.

Reaction Score
Karaban gets killed by athletic 4s off the dribble. Can't imagine that problem wouldn't be exacerbated by such a move.
Ones enough but AK dies 12 other things that don’t get recorded

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
His offense is good, but his defense won't cut it. I think that would turn off Hurley and the staff.
He's got two years left. I imagine a season of Hurley practices would slim him down a lot and make him quicker on his feet. Could also be nobody's taught him defense. I'm not saying go get him, but also not saying it wouldn't be the dumbest idea as he could be a major contributor by 2026.

Reaction Score
The whole team going to st louis with coach
Is that a fact that "people know" or an opinion? Because St Louis isn't offering elite high major NIL deals. You turning down 300-500k to stick with your coach? This is not like Dusty May going to Michigan.

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Nashburn Jr? Patino wants him at St. Johns, Jamaal said he wants Jr to keep looking.
I think he was battling injuries a bit this season, but he was the 3rd best guy on a top ~40 team and shot poorly from both 3 and 2. I'd think we have better options.

Reaction Score
Someone on twitter said he was a former UCONN target
That might have been me, he sure was our target. Think the Kobe/Peja connection on the west coast might have been why/idk/just speculating.

Reaction Score
We need a starting center. Sj is not that guy. I would like him to stay and compete with Singare for backup minutes, but at the end of the day bench bigs are a dime a dozen in the portal.

You're thinking ass-backwards. You can't compete if you don't have the talent to compete.
Unless Samson adds 15-25 lbs in the off-season and adds a DC level/dependable hook-shot idk if he’s the man. I think his starting basketball later in life and less than great basketball iq as a result left him too out of plays defensively/ and more prone to foul trouble trying to get back/compensate. I feel he needs to add another dynamic to his game (face up game with dribble possibly).

Reaction Score
Is that a fact that "people know" or an opinion? Because St Louis isn't offering elite high major NIL deals. You turning down 300-500k to stick with your coach? This is not like Dusty May going to Michigan.
Its my opinion, we shall see. I think he is an outstanding coach and could have done better. I assume he got the nil factored in on front end. His kids seem bonded to him and seems like a loyalty situation. We shall see, i predict most will follow.

Reaction Score
We've won titles with Ty Olander and Phillip Nolan....
They had a way better feel for the game than Samson. No disrespect to him. I love him for being on our team but just looking at his skills /game feel/ inability to be at the correct defensive position at all times and over helping on screens this will be one of our biggest off season question marks.

Reaction Score
Can’t imagine SJ would feel good about finishing his career coming off the bench after coming in with Wall aspirations.
He already has two Natties. Imagine the dopamine rush of that in the locker room. Idk how you can leave unless you get 1 or 2 mill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom