The transfer portal opens today | Page 15 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Id guess michigan since that’s where his coach went. He’s from Russia so he won’t mind the cold and leaving sunny south Florida.
Someone posted that some Michigan folks think they’re in for Wolf. I figured Goldin was for sure headed to Michigan but only room for one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Middleton is an obvious fit. You can never have enough athletic 3nD wings.

Reaction Score
A lot of players aren't interested in playing for good teams and coaches to win games and championships. They just wanna get paid.
Hard to blame them if they’re not a pro prospect. But realistically, if you’re not a good team without hood coaches, you probably don’t have a lot of NIL. So really, some are more trying to optimize this opportunity while probably still wanting to win and play well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This kind of BS is totally against the spirit of NIL. I feel like in some ways college is turning into more of a pay-for-play than the pros. At least they have salary caps, union rules, etc.
I also have serious doubts that social media isn’t exaggerating it. It can be self serving to blow up these numbers and values. Kids know how to game this system. It remains against the rules for the school to induce enrollment with NIL. At some point the NCAA will enforce that.

Reaction Score
This kind of BS is totally against the spirit of NIL. I feel like in some ways college is turning into more of a pay-for-play than the pros. At least they have salary caps, union rules, etc.
And contracts. A college kid is worth $750,000 for potentially 1 year?

It also doesn't feel like these kind of recruitments will work out the vast majority of the time.

Reaction Score
He is following Dusty May to Michigan.
Seems 1000% logical.

Michigan has had admissions/NIL issues before. We’ve seen sure things miss in the past. Ex: Clayton Jr going Florida (closer to home) than St John’s

Reaction Score
Gonna be awesome when they start paying high schoolers and enabling futures contracts! Europes been doing it forever. Decades ago Messi got his family a new life in Spain when he was just a kid. NIL is just a poorly conceived and run half measure imo.

caw

Reaction Score
Seems 1000% logical.

Michigan has had admissions/NIL issues before. We’ve seen sure things miss in the past. Ex: Clayton Jr going Florida (closer to home) than St John’s

Shannon Jr. and Love both couldn't transfer in and they were coming from better schools than FAU in TTU and UNC.

Reaction Score
Shannon Jr. and Love both couldn't transfer in and they were coming from better schools than FAU in TTU and UNC.
I am sure dusty may got his guys per approved

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Yes. This is a result of Emmert doing absolutely nothing when it became obvious that players would be able to receive NIL money and still be eligible.

The NCAA should have had attorneys thoroughly receive the basis of the lawsuit, understood what the student athletes would be able to receive under the basic spirit of the suit and then set guidelines. As that did not happen, it became a free for all.

Reaction Score
More on Storr…

How does the process work? This is not guaranteed and the money does not come directly from the school. Do boosters verbally agree to provide the NIL funding? Can the money just pass hands or is the player required to perform NIL activities to receive payment? Could a booster pay 1M for a single event? Thanks in advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom